You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

What premboat to buy

90 comments in this topic

47 posts
597 battles

Hey guys I am asking for what ship to buy during the next in-game sale. I have exactly 3833 Doubloons. I am mainly a IJN and GN player but looking for fun ships to play.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
26 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I am mainly a IJN and GN player but looking for fun ships to play.

Erm.. what's GN?

Did you try to mean, German Navy? That's KM.

With the amount of doubloons you have, I doubt you could afford a T7+ ship.

May be watch out for Graf Spee, and T-61.

For IJN, may be Mutsu.

You can try Makarov if you can get her, she is VMF but actually a Nurnberg.

Cannot really recommend good low-mid tier premiums from IJN or KM lines. They have great T7/T8 premiums though.

Edited by icy_phoenix

411 posts
6,164 battles
37 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Get premium camo for amagi instead 

I would rather say, save up and get a Perma camo for T10...they are vastly superior to low tier camo and will turn your fav T10 ship into a solid Money, Free xp and Elite xp grinder...so much so that I bought 2(Moskva and Hinden) and planning on getting one for Yueyang also...:cap_cool:

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
22 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I have exactly 3833 Doubloons

The only ship you can afford right now is IJN T4 Yubari. Don’t have her, but people/reviews seem to say it’s a rather mediocre ship. If this would be fun for you, no idea. Doesn’t look attractive to me.

There is the KM T6 Graf Spee, which is 4700 doubloons, discounts may bring her within your budget. I quite like the Graf Spee, I have the HSF version with one of the manga girlie captains. Apparently, the normal Spee is exactly the same ship, minus the HSF camo. Being a battle cruiser / pocket battleship it’s quite different from other ships, kind of a mini-Tirpitz... The Spee I could recommend, but again, no idea if that would be fun for you.

Edited by PeterMoe1963

2,224 posts
13,741 battles

I would wait until the selection changes. To me their is nothing in the in game tree that I think you should buy.

Beta Tester
911 posts
20 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I would rather say, save up and get a Perma camo for T10...they are vastly superior to low tier camo and will turn your fav T10 ship into a solid Money, Free xp and Elite xp grinder...so much so that I bought 2(Moskva and Hinden) and planning on getting one for Yueyang also...:cap_cool:

5k for tier 10, 4k for tier 9, 3k for tier 8.

Thats all he can afford. Just saying. Personally if you can afford it. Go tier 10 perm camo. I own around 10 of them. No shortage of fun just bringing tier 10s out like premiums. 

Edited by SlamUez

2,224 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What’s wrong with the Spee?

Well to be fair I didn't fully consider her. I just got an impression that a t5-6 BB might be better for OP

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
24 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Well to be fair I didn't fully consider her. I just got an impression that a t5-6 BB might be better for OP

OK!

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Save your doubloons, pay money and get Atago.

Simply put she teaches good gameplay, isn't a 'gimmick' ship and your IJN BB, CA and even DD captains work with her build-wise. (Assuming standard builds).

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles
19 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Ishizuchi.

Tier 4 seal clubbing. 

She is a great T4 ship. For the most part, use HE, troll everyone with RN-like HE powers, and kite like a mofo. Her aft placement of 3 turrets with (mostly) good rear arcs is great for kiting.

Just watch out for torps from DD's and torp bombers.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Seriously, the buy premium order for IJN is:

- Atago

- Kii

DDs are no due to IJN DDs being horrible since torp nerf.

411 posts
6,164 battles
3 hours ago, SlamUez said:

5k for tier 10, 4k for tier 9, 3k for tier 8.

Thats all he can afford. Just saying. Personally if you can afford it. Go tier 10 perm camo. I own around 10 of them. No shortage of fun just bringing tier 10s out like premiums. 

He will, eventually...I just meant to say that it is wiser to just keep saving until he gets 5k...T9 is also not worth it btw(It doesn't give u -50% service cost and gives 50% xp instead of 100%)

47 posts
597 battles

Hey guys, Sorry for the long reply and I already have the Graf Spee before writing the post itself because it's my long-awaited shipgirl. Did some of you notice that I asked about an "In-game Sale"? So I was thinking of buying a Tier 7 DD, Perth or De Grasse for pure fun and some credit making.

Current Tech Tree Ships I have: 

IJN: Fuso, Furutaka, Mutsuki and Hosho (Why did you remove the alt function attack?)

KM: Karlsruhe

Premboats and Elites: Tachibana, Graf Spee, Kongo

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles
4 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Hey guys, Sorry for the long reply and I already have the Graf Spee before writing the post itself because it's my long-awaited shipgirl. Did some of you notice that I asked about an "In-game Sale"? So I was thinking of buying a Tier 7 DD, Perth or De Grasse for pure fun and some credit making.

Current Tech Tree Ships I have: 

IJN: Fuso, Furutaka, Mutsuki and Hosho (Why did you remove the alt function attack?)

KM: Karlsruhe

Premboats and Elites: Tachibana, Graf Spee, Kongo

Alt drop now starts from T6.

I love the Perth, but only good once you get 14 pointer (concealment, IFHE)

I know you are looking at in-game, but I'd save your doubloons for respec and retraining.

That's why I suggested saving up money and getting Atago; Fuso, Furutaka and Mutsi captains would all work in her.

But if you are dead-set on in-game, Perth is a good choice as if/when they release Commonwealth DD/CLs, she should work as a Captain trainer for both.

NB I don't know all the current in game options, just going off your post.

Edited by S4pp3R

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
9 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Buying a Tier 7 DD

You can consider Blyscawyca (or whatever the correct spelling is), if you like gunboats. Problem is that it is the only Polish ship, so no benefits re captain training.

I think Sims is T7, that’s a nice DD, but you seem to use other lines (IJN/KM). The fast rate of fire is what I would consider fun.

There aren’t any KM ships that fit your bill, but there is always T8 Tirpitz.

For IJN’s there it T5 Kamikaze, T6 Shinonome or T8 HSF Harekaze – not sure any of these are on sale right now.

Don’t have Kamikae/Shinonome and have only a few battles in Harekaze. The Harekaze has a few interesting choices in regards of guns, including the 3 sec reloading guns from Akizuki, which IMO are great fun.

I don’t know what your skill level is like. With a T7 DD you can and will see T9 ships and the players that have worked their way up there. So instead of earning credits you may be cannon fodder.

I remember when I first bought Blyscawyca, I hated her. Then, I had T5 and a few T6 ships.  I tried to play Blys like a torpedo stealth firing IJN DD, but there was only a 100 or 200m window, so I got spotted a lot. You have to play Blys as a fast gun boat, even though the torpedoes are good. Things get even better when you have a 10pt captain and get CE. Now I quite like Blys.

9 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Perth or De Grasse

I got both from Xmas containers with 10 pt captains and have not used them much. I am trying them both with IFHE, but without CE. Especially for Perth, with her relatively short gun range, you really want CE in addition to IFHE.

Perth is a bit lonely on the Commonwealth tree, so your captain cannot go anywhere.

DeGrasse, hmm, she is a La Gallisonniere with slightly longer range, higher rate of fire, extra torpedo tube and catapult fighter. I think she is slightly less squishy than La G.

You could use her to train French captains, but that only makes sense if you want to grind that line.

Most scenarios being T6, both Perth and DeGrasse would be excellent to make XP, command XP and credits.

5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I love the Perth, but only good once you get 14 pointer (concealment, IFHE)

Yes, agreed. And training a 14 pt captain takes a while.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

I know you have only that much, atm. But if u can save up and get some more in future..

If me, I will only set my eyes on..

Atlanta

Saipan

maybe Belfast.

283 posts
3,591 battles

Sorry my calculations will be off but 3833dubs ≠ good ship but I mean no more monsieur hawking means no more reason so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
8 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Belfast is no longer available, it was withdrawn from sale a while ago.

Yes. many things are like that. they come and go, I wont be surprised if they will be back :)

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, RimauLaut said:

Yes. many things are like that. they come and go, I wont be surprised if they will be back :)

With the Belfast it is not the normal thing WG do, ie they sell only a selection of ships, and they change that selection from time to time.

With one of the upgrades with changed smoke mechanics, they totally removed some cruisers with smoke and reimbursed the owners. They said they stop selling Belfast, but owners can keep it.

But they may change their mind, who knows.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

With the Belfast it is not the normal thing WG do, ie they sell only a selection of ships, and they change that selection from time to time.

With one of the upgrades with changed smoke mechanics, they totally removed some cruisers with smoke and reimbursed the owners. They said they stop selling Belfast, but owners can keep it.

But they may change their mind, who knows.

I think OP cant buy any that I shortlist anyway, even if he have the dobloons needed. It cant be purchase from the tech tree right (which uses dobloons). And most likely if those available in prem shop, it must be purchased using real money. Am I right? I dont know ..never buy ship from those prem shop before.

411 posts
6,164 battles

TBH, if OP really needs a premium ship, he should get a solid ship...Personally, I would rather keep saving and then get a Lo Yang...anything below that is considered not worth it for me. Just my opinion...:Smile_great: