Sign in to follow this  
RimauLaut

Remove domination mod

11 comments in this topic

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

As title. I suggest to remove the domination mode OR make it optional to chose between mode. With domination offering higher profit in exp and win.

I suggest this because, in most battle, you will see majority of BB player will not push nor attack. But in domination mode, DD want or not MUST cap, or still try to cap.

Those BB because they are far back they wont be in any immediate danger, so they will just sit back because they have range (even tho no accuracy for most campers).

Due to the situation, BB will keep sniping and provide almost no support to the capping effort - selfishness, afraid of even a little paint scratch even tho repair cost already fixed. In their mind, I only want to score damage, the objective, I dont care.

And due to this, DD normally will die early, yielding less revenue, even tho they are the one who tried to win like mad.

If removed, I predict,

1. Campiness will still occur, but DD will be free to roam and catch the campers

2. DD engagement will most of time to protect BB from enemy DD.

3. More fair to DD as the risk is now equal.

4. The motto "fun and engaging" will then be slightly more realistic.

I play all classes, I dont bias on DD player, but the truth is, this is the current meta we have  CAMPING AND SNIPING.

I dont have issues with cruiser because they r normally in the middle, snipe and camp or they aggresively pursue dd and help cap. Nah cruisers are normally fine.

Please take this into consideration.

Another thing is, can you please further reward more to the half top exp gainer in the roster? When the changes occurs last time there is only slight changes in forcing player to play actively - but it does.

And punish even more to bottom half because they dont play it properly? X2 for the half top  divide by 2 for bottom half. 

Thanks and I hope my suggestion will be a reality in a very near future.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 hour ago, RimauLaut said:

As title. I suggest to remove the domination mode OR make it optional to chose between mode. With domination offering higher profit in exp and win.

• it will split the MM and the player base,
  • more profitable credits and exp means all player will rather focus on that mode, and abandon the other one. so it is counter productive, you make the other mode lose their existence

And punish even more to bottom half because they dont play it properly? X2 for the half top  divide by 2 for bottom half. 

oh God, that is the most toxic thing i ever heard, it screams: "you suck, you better work better or i will cut your "already low" wage by half"

it will promote even more campy gameplay as no one want to die first, your suggestions contradict to each other

Campiness will still occur, but DD will be free to roam and catch the campers

DD cant roam around freely when enemy squadron, RDF equipped ship, Radar Equipped ship, Enemy DD with same or better speed and firepower, are still around

it is not because of the game mode

DD engagement will most of time to protect BB from enemy DD.

what is the point of protecting BB, you cant shot the torpedoes coming their way, the smoke no longer cover BB when in engagement while there enemy ship within 13km, you dont get rewarded for those either, all DD also lack firepower to effectively finish enemy DD quickly so your job only ended as a recon, which is not rewarding either

More fair to DD as the risk is now equal.

risk equality is not decided by maps or game mode

it is by the composition of enemy and the formation of your own Fleet

Radar, Gunboat, Aircraft, Sonar, detection are your only threat, 

whether the team is there for you or not is your savior

Edited by Harpoon01

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
42 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:
  •  

And your suggestion to improve the campy gameplay?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
Just now, RimauLaut said:

And your suggestion to improve the campy gameplay?

YOUR suggestion instead will improve campy gameplay

i was pointing out your mistake here

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
4 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

YOUR suggestion instead will improve campy gameplay

i was pointing out your mistake here

Thank you. I appreciate your input. Tho I hope WG will do changes and choose as they see fit. I really think something need to be done, so some changes must be made. Nothing is for sure,  as result only come after the changes are made.. or you already know the outcome for sure?

Nevermind, anyway this is the suggestion thread to the dev ;) from my point of view. Let them (WG) decide if all I said is wrong like you point it out. Idea r better when many contribute to it, so it can be chosen.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
Just now, RimauLaut said:

Thank you. I appreciate your input. Tho I hope WG will do changes and choose as they see fit. I really think something need to be done, so some changes must be made. Nothing is for sure,  as result only come after the changes are made.. or you already know the outcome for sure?

Nevermind, anyway this is the suggestion thread to the dev ;) from my point of view. Let them (WG) decide if all I said is wrong like you point it out. Idea r better when many contribute to it, so it can be chosen.

no

the big problem is

your suggestion is.... better not applied at all, all of them... are counter productive to your purpose of minimizing campy gameplay

also you deny critics...

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Is this a thread where discussion should be made or this is thread for suggestion? Bashing ideas only without giving ideas itself is..u answer it.

You are the one who is counter productive by just bashing others idea, while that idea should be supplied to WG. boring it is to you, maybe not others. I hope u have in your mind, some respect to others idea, and not only have the idea of denying whatever have been suggested, unless you, yourself have a better idea.. IF u have, suggest it. let them choose as I said. And i properly choose this suggestion thread to supply my idea to WG.. get it?

No disrespect but..

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
3 minutes ago, RimauLaut said:

see

this is why you deny critics

by challenging other to make better suggestion, you assume, when the other party dont make their own suggestion,  your suggestion is supperior

you dont ask where you did a mistake,

you dont  elaborate your own point,

you get butthurt when someone point out your mistake

you are the one who is bashing my comment

you clearly dont put some effort to prove your point AT ALL

Edited by Harpoon01

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I guess you just want to win. Fine you win..keep it on.. I rather play game and let WG decide. CYA

590 posts
2,995 battles

Locking thread as it's gotten out of hand and degenerated in to attacks. 
~tc1259