Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Division Match-Making's Madness

25 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Rule of Match-Making in playing solo. Tier 'N' = T'N'-2 to T'N'+2, with restricted of 2 Tier difference.
Example : Tier 5 ship possibility match are T3-T5 ; T4-T5 ; T5-T7
No problem, ok desu ! :cap_like:

But in Division Match Making, the base ship to calculate match making is the higher tier player ship.
My own experience example : 2 players Division. Player1 (me) = T7 , Player2 = T8. Player2 became the base ship to calculate match making.
So in this Division Example, the possibility of match making are  T6-T8 (low chance), T7-T9 (medium chance), T8-T10(High chance).

Now I'm refuse to play with my friend if he want to play his T8 ship, because the Division's Match-Making is a stupid joke.
Because the other T8-T10 players often ridicule me. Not to mention my ship hardly make difference at all in this matches.
I can understand if it happen less, but as I mention the chance rate, that just  :etc_swear::etc_swear: !!! :etc_red_button:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

isn't this a very common knowledge within forum?

"it is highly not recommended to making division with 1 or 2 tiers apart, unless the botom tier ship is tier 8"

corrections

Tier 5 ship possibility match are  T4-T5 ; T5-T7

381 posts
9,957 battles

If you are not afraid of being called "dirty", just div with your T8 friend in a T7 CV. 90% of the time you won't have to face T10. 

As for the reason why division MM is based on the higher tier ship (except CV), communication and teamwork should already give you a great advantage over solo players. Divisions do not need better MM to be attractive.

353 posts
5,015 battles

Miss, thats common sense if u go with higher tier, expect to be tier up. And expect a free report from me

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

T5 (me) div with T6, getting T6-T8 matches all the time.
T6(me) div with T7, getting T7-T9 matches all the time.
T7(me) div with T8, getting T8-T10 matches all the time.

At least if I use T5, make my T5 as minimum restrict and so on. Not abusing high or low tier.
Div T5 with T6 = T5-T7
Div T6 with T7 = T6-T8
Div T7 with T8 = T7-T9

I don't know why they make like this. I felt not wanting division with my friend now.
Sad that he want me re-visit WoWs since I leave the game in 2015. But division became annoying and not enjoying.
If this not a problem for you, normal you said, then I can't say more. Probably you don't have low tier ship anyway or actively using it.

"PLAY WITH YOUR FRIEND"
... and WG should add on their Ads "AND BECAME FOOD FOR HIGH TIER SHIP"
"THIS IS NOT A BUG, IT'S A WONDERFUL FEATURE!"

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

if MM is matching your Division configuration, it will take far longer to set a proper matchmaking than it already has

you just forcing Match Making to fit your tier,

especially if there are more than 1 division with different tier configurations even if it just slightly, your div is 5-7 while 2 other divs are 6-8 and so on

"i dont mind waiting 10 minutes for proper MM"

well it's just you, the whole playerbase demand a matchmaking to be decided as soon as possible, it also count to other games that use Matchmaking

5-10 minutes may not seems long for you, but for a match that RUNS LESS THAN 20 MINUTES that is damn long

Edited by Harpoon01

455 posts
8,038 battles
39 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

I don't know why they make like this. I felt not wanting division with my friend now.

what about you stop fail divisioning and start playing in same tier divisions? Thats how its supposed to work. Don't complain about getting disadvantageous MM when you are just shooting yourself in the foot by fail divving

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles
23 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

if MM is matching your Division configuration, it will take far longer to set a proper matchmaking than it already has

you just forcing Match Making to fit your tier,

especially if there are more than 1 division with different tier configurations even if it just slightly, your div is 5-7 while 2 other divs are 6-8 and so on

The weird part is, the lower tier dragged to offside high tier instead normal. This what I'm concern.
As when play T5 and friend play T6, the match I get is T6-T8 and same with other tier on the example I mention above.
It's very rare we've play in T4-T6 or T5-T7 ... it always dragged to T6-T8.

If it T6 with T7, it dragged to T7-T9. rare getting 'normal' match making.

25 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

what about you stop fail divisioning and start playing in same tier divisions? Thats how its supposed to work. Don't complain about getting disadvantageous MM when you are just shooting yourself in the foot by fail divving

So I cannot level other ship while playing with friend ? ... Also since I don't have T8, mean my friend forced to play under tier or we shouldn't team up at all until I get T8 ?
Have you play T7 Colorado versus T10 Yamato or Musashi ? ... the feeling is like DD pea shooter cannon try to kill BB. Lot's of hit, super minimum damage.

But again, I'm talking with 6K player. I'm no complaining, for me this is a failed design.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
25 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

The weird part is, the lower tier dragged to offside high tier instead normal. This what I'm concern.

that's not weird

MM should not take account of 2 or 3 ships with different tier, it will make the MM do a longer calculation to match your division

if is not like that, MM WILL have no choice but to include lower tier in calculation, thus making MM longer than it is supposed to be

if there is the case of T9 ship in T6-T8 battle, there will be outrage

and

T4 CAN ONLY MEET T5 & TIER 3 because of +1/-1 MM preference 

just focus in this statement

"MM only focus on highest tier ship in a division, disregard the lower tier one" 

your div is tier 6,7,&8 it will go up to tier 10 match

your div is 3,4,5 it will go up to tier 7

about the frequency of your case getting over-up-tiered 

I'm sure it is actually rare, but like people complain about detonation, it feels frequent because it annoys you

let's do some math of your case

assuming the number of all ships types and tiers are the same

your T5 ships can only get thrown into T4-T5, T5-T6, T5-T7 match

Your friend tier 6 ship however can get thrown into T5-T6, T5-T7, T6-T7, T6-T8 matches

there are 2 match preferences that will make you under-tiered, so ofc, you are more likely to get under-tiered half of the time

Edited by Harpoon01

455 posts
8,038 battles
14 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

Have you play T7 Colorado versus T10 Yamato or Musashi ?

No, because I was smart enough to never fail division like that. (yes I do agree musashi is hard to deal with for t7 ships)

16 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

So I cannot level other ship while playing with friend ? ... Also since I don't have T8, mean my friend forced to play under tier or we shouldn't team up at all until I get T8 ?

What about you just find someone who is willing to play t7 with you instead of handicapping you by fail division. The only flaw in this system is that you are even allowed to fail division with +-1 tier.
Simply stop fail divisioning or just play solo if you cant find anyone to play your tier

203 posts
11,788 battles

Division filled with players taking advantage of this system by filling their slot with a CV being one tier lower than 2 other division mates left and right.

Here we are debating about a fail division coming from the same principle but done poorly.
How hard is it to just play the ship of the same tier in a division.
The system is flawed yes and devs do get a chance to make it right and I'll say about it in the next line.

I'll say this one more time with hope devs will make it right this time.
RESTRICT ALL DIVISION MEMBERS to use the ship of the same tier only and most of these problem will be fix.*

If you want to level a lower tier ship with your friends then you have to accept this flaws in the system and accept you're handicapping your own team. It is your own doing not anyone else nor devs.

So why not having the system to take MM based on lowest tier ship in a divison ?
Simple, If we have that system everybody will just play in division taking advantage of that system.
Having a lower tier ship being the core MM and other 2 being a higher tier.
Those 2 division members no longer dealing with +2 MM.

It sounds good on paper but that removes the reason to play solo altogether, because why dealing with +2 when you can have just +1 ?
Devs could change the system to have only +1 across every tier but without the division tier restriction, here we are again with "Fail-Division".

+1 Across all tiers ? Wooo hooo .... oh wait, Population is a concern. 

Edited by MikuChrome
More info.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Well, I can't argue with fellow players, it just opinion differences. I say A you say B.
It's not about "Get Gud". it's about the design is not fun.

You say that I should have same tier with my friend, right ? to avoid this problem ?
Then it's the same as you actually agree with me that different tier match up in a division is a failed design.
Because you all avoid it, you don't want that happening to you.
When people don't want it, then that design is absolutely broken or obsolete.

After some days of discussion, it's appear that my title is right after all. Division's Match-Making is indeed Madness, IF, you're tier different.:etc_red_button:
But this day I do ask my friend for we have to same our tier, and the Division's Match-Making is Okay Desu.:cap_like:
And as MikuChrome's said, WG should lock division to same Tier between members, to avoid unpleasant playing experience.

455 posts
8,038 battles
3 hours ago, MissMeMiss said:

Well, I can't argue with fellow players, it just opinion differences. I say A you say B.
It's not about "Get Gud". it's about the design is not fun.

You say that I should have same tier with my friend, right ? to avoid this problem ?
Then it's the same as you actually agree with me that different tier match up in a division is a failed design.
Because you all avoid it, you don't want that happening to you.
When people don't want it, then that design is absolutely broken or obsolete.

After some days of discussion, it's appear that my title is right after all. Division's Match-Making is indeed Madness, IF, you're tier different.:etc_red_button:
But this day I do ask my friend for we have to same our tier, and the Division's Match-Making is Okay Desu.:cap_like:
And as MikuChrome's said, WG should lock division to same Tier between members, to avoid unpleasant playing experience.

Are you really serious? Every single person on this thread has told you that you are at fault for fail divisioning and not the system and you have the audacity to claim that your 'opinion' is correct. The flaw with the system is only that it allows different tiers to join a division- and not what happens when you do that.

Stop trying to blame the system's design for faults of your own. Learn to admit your own fault sometimes.

460 posts
8,310 battles

The MM uses the highest tier ship in a division to avoid potential abuse of the system. This is a fact you can't avoid, it's not going to change, if you choose to be disadvantaged that's just plain silly.

Take a moment to think about what range a T5-T6 division would play if you had your way? Wouldn't that give the T6 a way of stacking the MM for advantage so they are never bottom tier (@T8)? What about more extreme fail divs? People used to take stupid combinations just for giggles and possibly to troll others. Imagine how often it would happen if there was an incentive to do it, and how messed up the MM would get.

I saw the ultimate in ridiculous stupidity yesterday. A Kongo/Kuma fail division in a T7 game and the Kongo TK'ed his division mate at the start. Lucky they were on the enemy team.

Edited by Sparcie
fixed grammar added a bit

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

The term is Failed Division, a system where nobody want, unless a masochist, a mechanic without good purpose ... yet can't be said failed design ?
Touching_Feeling_Denzel.gif.f32003560d6203d54dea51c232148ac5.gif

Well, if WG developer read this, my suggestion is to lock division ship tier difference for any under T8, but allow for T8-T10.
T3 can't div with T4, T4 with T5, T5 with T6, T6 with T7 and T7 with T8. This is make negative impact to the player who don't understand fail division and other players who team up with them.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The term is human torture, a system where nobody want, unless a masochist, a mechanic without good purpose ... yet can't be said failed design ?

Touching_Feeling_Denzel.gif.f32003560d62

like seriously, use every term that a single person on earth consider wrong, and the statement will still make sense

Edited by Harpoon01

1,490 posts
5 hours ago, MissMeMiss said:

The term is Failed Division, a system where nobody want, unless a masochist, a mechanic without good purpose ... yet can't be said failed design ?
Touching_Feeling_Denzel.gif.f32003560d6203d54dea51c232148ac5.gif

Well, if WG developer read this, my suggestion is to lock division ship tier difference for any under T8, but allow for T8-T10.
T3 can't div with T4, T4 with T5, T5 with T6, T6 with T7 and T7 with T8. This is make negative impact to the player who don't understand fail division and other players who team up with them.

That would be good in an ideal world, but then the problem of waiting around all day for a match that nay end up with only 3 or 4 ships total,  if I play my konig Albert , I want some enemies to shoot at, not wait for years for other t3 ships to join , so if theres t4 ships chucked in, its good, because more ships to play against, t4  means better points for damaging/destroying higher tier ships, & not have to wait years for match....

Same goes for other tiers.... Look at it as a challenge...... 

Ordrazz

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,158 battles
於 2018/3/9 在 PM6點10分,MissMeMiss 說:

Rule of Match-Making in playing solo. Tier 'N' = T'N'-2 to T'N'+2, with restricted of 2 Tier difference.
Example : Tier 5 ship possibility match are T3-T5 ; T4-T5 ; T5-T7
No problem, ok desu ! :cap_like:

But in Division Match Making, the base ship to calculate match making is the higher tier player ship.
My own experience example : 2 players Division. Player1 (me) = T7 , Player2 = T8. Player2 became the base ship to calculate match making.
So in this Division Example, the possibility of match making are  T6-T8 (low chance), T7-T9 (medium chance), T8-T10(High chance).

Now I'm refuse to play with my friend if he want to play his T8 ship, because the Division's Match-Making is a stupid joke.
Because the other T8-T10 players often ridicule me. Not to mention my ship hardly make difference at all in this matches.
I can understand if it happen less, but as I mention the chance rate, that just  :etc_swear::etc_swear: !!! :etc_red_button:

Use CV to control MM

83 posts
3,463 battles

Im surprised that your friend has no t7 ships at all.

Hell, the myoko clones are everywhere.
And they have t8 with every ship line?
ok fine, even if that was the case, its not like it takes overly long to go from t7-t8.
Use some Free xp or something if you're lazy.

316 posts
4,653 battles

The only solution is to offer protected MM to mixed tier divisions, making it so T7,8 can only see T6-8 and T7-9 battles. I'm sure it could be done, but I don't think it should be done simply because  - as everyone else has been pointing out - this gives the T8 player an easier MM environment than he would ordinarily see playing solo.

The rules currently, "you div uptiered , you play uptiered" seem fairer to me given the inherent advantage of playing in div, and because there is no realistic need for playing in a mixed-tier div given the ready availability of ships and port slots.

Sign in to follow this