You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
x1xReaverx1x

Web comic starring the Bismarck

62 comments in this topic

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Hi all, just attracting potential readers to my Comic featured in the "Community" section of these forums.  This has been over a year in the making and was endorsed on the World Of Warships asia facebook page.  Issue 1 is finished and Issue 2 is in the works.   Here's the link 

Forum.worldof warships.iron and blood

Or if you don't trust links, just mosey over to the "Community" section and check it out :cap_popcorn:

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

1,105 posts

i really appreciate the hardwork of creating the artwork.... but where is 380mm gun? 

only a gal with comedy??

also we want more cat! i bet his name should Oscar or Sam! "dr snuggles" seems..... leleleleelel..... alright, how about we add 2 cats, Oscar and Sam. so there will be 3 cats in total!

more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat!

more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat! more cat!

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Patience my friend.  Can't get everything at once, there has to be backstory :fish_viking:.  Oskar will actually make an appearance :fish_haloween:.  You will have to wait till page 27 though when Bismarck herself fights KGV and Rodney.  A snapshot of whats to come is in my profile pic ;)

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

154 posts
345 battles

oh boi still no cat?? 

sorry for being rude, but a crying boy is not really interesting.... 

just made dr.snuggles being possesed by Bismarck.... or bring another cat

Bismarck will slap Austin everytime Austin become cry-baby....."be a man austin!" or else....

most of successful shonen manga have intense comedy aspect at first to gain attention.

later it become more serious and heart touching. unless you got very beautifull art, a full serious at start with standart art is not really gain reader attention.

if you really think i am rude, i am just be honest here.

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

I get that and thanx for the thought.  I guess the problem with page a week is that you can't show the breadth of vision in one fell swoop, It takes a while for the story to develop.  My humorous elements are usually about every 3 to 4 pages, so not much longer :P (not guaranteed to be a cat)

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Thanx for the feedback mate.   Other franchise design much more flirtatious art, I'm more for giving some dignity to the female characters.  Still will be some flirty stuff, but no where near the extent of a lot of other anime and not underaged (sub 16).  For example Trudi and Grethe are 17 years old and are in year 12

As for the Battleship Avatars that you will see in the next few weeks.    They will be Women
My character design is based on what I feel would have suited the ships in question. Bismarck herself was supposed to be the most formidable Battleship in the world. This is the picture of her that her crew and designers would have had from the day she was drawn, till the day she sank. Respectable, powerful, dark and forbidding to her enemies (hence heavy leather clothing), yet still with the warmth and innocence of a young woman underneath. A new ship, well made with good lines. (Youthful looks and nice figure)It was hard to get a balance. A lot of the art I had done made her look too heavy and clumsy, other stuff was to revealing. It was important to me, to make the character a strong woman to suit the ship, with glimpses of sex appeal and vulnerability, to give her a connection with the reader, without resorting to overt sexing up of the art.  I don't think Bismarck was a BDSM, thong wearing sl*t as depicted in other franchises lol.  That doesn't suit the ship at all in my mind.

Why an eye patch?
The eye patch I decided on early. This is because when you look at the German ships from the front, the big searchlight makes them look like cyclopses prowling the sea. The use of the crest on the patch, locks it in the mind that this girl is the Bismarck.

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Sorry i forgot a page, so todays update is the insertion of page 17 that actually introduces the Trudi character.  Its located in the previous post.  Sorry for the mistake

Iron blood

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Ok, I've decided to start posting the actual pages here too, as well as in the art forum, saves redirecting the readers from here.  Anyhow, here it is.

PS Two weeks and the Bismarck herself makes her appearance in the final showdown with Rodney and KGV.  Tis EPIC 

P19a It just got real.jpg

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

Last page of ACT1.  Some TF fan service here.  Next week, first 4 pages of act 2.  DESTRUCTION where Bismarck fights her final battle vs the Royal Navy.

Feel free to pop over to FB and give it a like.  Iron & Blood A lot of commentary and future competitions will be announced there.  If you join the Iron and Blood facebook group, you will get any comic updates a week early for your perusal  Here's the link Iron and Blood FB Group

For earlier pages, see this link on the community forums Iron and Blood Community forum

P20b Inspiration.jpg

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

four pages today.  Introducing Act 2.  DESTRUCTION.  Our story shifts back in time to the past and the sinking of the Bismarck

P21b Act II.jpg

P22b History lesson.jpg

P23b Stormy showdown.jpg

P24b Avatars of war.jpg

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

70 posts
1,735 battles

"bad" i really appreciate you hard work but i mean it really bad i think you should practice drawing for like 4 more year then maybe its a good time to do this web comic. Also did you draw the anatomy yet cuz it seem like you just draw it out without really look into human bone.Shade where is all the shade dude.It would be better if you concentrate on the ship rather than the character. (pshhhh my sister is an artist so i know some what about drawing and that is the general advise to you)

129 posts
11 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

"bad" i really appreciate you hard work but i mean it really bad i think you should practice drawing for like 4 more year then maybe its a good time to do this web comic. Also did you draw the anatomy yet cuz it seem like you just draw it out without really look into human bone.Shade where is all the shade dude.It would be better if you concentrate on the ship rather than the character. (pshhhh my sister is an artist so i know some what about drawing and that is the general advise to you)

i think his art is unique and should keep its style. are you expecting every comic look like too cartoon or too anime?

this is the example of masterpiece

203.jpg

well, as long as the story is decent. a comic with unique artwork are fine. but the image  improvement is also good, so the critic should be taken as reference.

Ordrazzz

Edited by Balzarknam

70 posts
1,735 battles
6 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

i think his art is unique and should keep its style. are you expecting every comic look like too cartoon or too anime?

this is the example of masterpiece

203.jpg

well, as long as the story is decent. a comic with unique artwork are fine. but the image  improvement is also good, so the critic should be taken as reference.

Ordrazzz

check this out before saying that too cartoon or too anime if you want people respect follow the rule. And in subject rule are use to rule out what is good and what is bad and if you said unique you mean like picasso sure if you can handle every single page of this web comic is picasso art. Story is decent the ironic is it take setting as a student ironic enough one punch man take setting of an unemployment man so yeah the story definitely play out. Balzarknam to be honest i dont want to go harsh on this guy but you force me do it 

Super Tester
195 posts
2,390 battles

out of hundreds of people who read my comic, you are the first to call my art bad.  I admit i am not a professional artist but each page takes 12+ hours for me to draw. Admittedly i could spend more time shading and refining etc... but to find time well...   I know there are alot of people more talented then me and that's ok too but I'm the one who is taking the time to create a story.  I will say this.  If you can't enjoy my art, hope you can enjoy the story.  After all, a lot of the most successful web comics started off looking terrible, but were entertaining none the less, so were successful.    Thanks for your critique and taking the time to write it.  

PS. thanx Balzarknam, I like my style too, even if its not to everyones taste.  New page this Wednesday, the Rodney opens fire :)

70 posts
1,735 battles
8 hours ago, x1xReaverx1x said:

out of hundreds of people who read my comic, you are the first to call my art bad.  I admit i am not a professional artist but each page takes 12+ hours for me to draw. Admittedly i could spend more time shading and refining etc... but to find time well...   I know there are alot of people more talented then me and that's ok too but I'm the one who is taking the time to create a story.  I will say this.  If you can't enjoy my art, hope you can enjoy the story.  After all, a lot of the most successful web comics started off looking terrible, but were entertaining none the less, so were successful.    Thanks for your critique and taking the time to write it.  

PS. thanx Balzarknam, I like my style too, even if its not to everyones taste.  New page this Wednesday, the Rodney opens fire :)

Honestly I really appreciate your background, I really love the detail, but for the characters, you should learn more about anatomy, especially the face. I think you must have a hard time about drawing character, yes? That is the most problem that artist usually met, and that is the most thing people will look at first and rate your art even if your background is good. So I think you should practice more on anatomy. . And i think you would need to put more effort in it like a week for a page dude not like 12+ hours and when i said a week, i didnt mean like just  few hours a day, i mean whenever you have free time  and seriously focus on it, just don't care about deadline, focus on the drawing and the story. And if you want to check you have evolved or not check the first chapter and the newest chapter to see the different. You might think I have 0 knowledge about drawing then "NO, I DO HAVE ", I didn't mean that I were the one who know drawing stuffs, but my sister does, she had a hard time on anatomy too, so I understand it. Here is my sister page and I don't tell lies.

https://www.facebook.com/Tory.Hankashy

129 posts
10 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

Honestly I really appreciate your background, I really love the detail, but for the characters, you should learn more about anatomy, especially the face. I think you must have a hard time about drawing character, yes? That is the most problem that artist usually met, and that is the most thing people will look at first and rate your art even if your background is good. So I think you should practice more on anatomy. . And i think you would need to put more effort in it like a week for a page dude not like 12+ hours and when i said a week, i didnt mean like just  few hours a day, i mean whenever you have free time  and seriously focus on it, just don't care about deadline, focus on the drawing and the story. And if you want to check you have evolved or not check the first chapter and the newest chapter to see the different. You might think I have 0 knowledge about drawing then "NO, I DO HAVE ", I didn't mean that I were the one who know drawing stuffs, but my sister does, she had a hard time on anatomy too, so I understand it. Here is my sister page and I don't tell lies.

https://www.facebook.com/Tory.Hankashy

dude, your sister is professional artist level. while he just an average artis that make comic for fun. learning how to draw with perfect look require year and year training and talent. i agree you shouldnt care about deadline, but if you have a lot of good idea..... and want it to be quickly turned into comic....

also to detailed is no good, if you spend a whole week to make a "single" panel (not a whole page)....in the end you will forced to add A LOT OF WORD like those murica comic.... and it wasnt good to look at and make it wall text. if you want to make detailed art and yet interactive. i bet you will spend a whole month just to make a single page.

why japanese manga is more popular than western comic? because its release everyweek, less bullsheet and just pack action.

if you are newbie and unknown artist.... people WONT STARE AT SINGLE PAGE more than 30 sec. this is information era when people have faster reading speed and receive more information. 

there is 3 path on how comic can be successfull easily:

1. the funny comic and unique "ugly" art

if you have a good story and jokes to tell, this kind of comic can draw a lot of attention even your artwork is considered "ugly" by most other artist. early one piece and the original one punch man is example of this. also it can develop more seriousness later....

2. the serious epic with detailed art

if you have godly drawing skill and focus on serious story. dont ever take this path if you just average drawer. berserk and kingdom is the example

3. the good artwork lewder

i dont need to tell you this...... good artwork.... and a bit lewd. viral so fast...... to love ru, dxd and freezingg loooooll

i dont say lewder is bad, but judging on your sister "R18" tag and your PP you seems to be lewder fans. when sexy female character detail is really matter. anyway, its actually good idea to make the female look sexier and detailed a bit. it can draw another market segment.....

Edited by Balzarknam

70 posts
1,735 battles
5 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

dude, your sister is professional artist level. while he just an average artis that make comic for fun. learning how to draw with perfect look require year and year training and talent. i agree you shouldnt care about deadline, but if you have a lot of good idea..... and want it to be quickly turned into comic....

also to detailed is no good, if you spend a whole week to make a "single" panel (not a whole page)....in the end you will forced to add A LOT OF WORD like those murica comic.... and it wasnt good to look at and make it wall text. if you want to make detailed art and yet interactive. i bet you will spend a whole month just to make a single page.

why japanese manga is more popular than western comic? because its release everyweek, less bullsheet and just pack action.

if you are newbie and unknown artist.... people WONT STARE AT SINGLE PAGE more than 30 sec. this is information era when people have faster reading speed and receive more information. 

there is 3 path on how comic can be successfull easily:

1. the funny comic and unique "ugly" art

if you have a good story and jokes to tell, this kind of comic can draw a lot of attention even your artwork is considered "ugly" by most other artist. early one piece and the original one punch man is example of this. also it can develop more seriousness later....

2. the serious epic with detailed art

if you have godly drawing skill and focus on serious story. dont ever take this path if you just average drawer. berserk and kingdom is the example

3. the good artwork lewder

i dont need to tell you this...... good artwork.... and a bit lewd. viral so fast...... to love ru, dxd and freezingg loooooll

i dont say lewder is bad, but judging on your sister "R18" tag and your PP you seems to be lewder fans. when sexy female character detail is really matter. anyway, its actually good idea to make the female look sexier and detailed a bit. it can draw another market segment.....

You absolutely have no idea what my sister is. And consider that you and I are on 2 different polar one is anime manga and one is animation, comic so. Yup let clear things out first . "the good artwork lewder" nope you are totally wrong what my sister is really it " the funny comic and unique "ugly" art" is what my sister do, and what you doing is judging the book by it cover you didnt really look into detail. 

ok that is the first thing. next is "why japanese manga is more popular than western comic? because its release everyweek, less bullsheet and just pack action."

4-koma know them ? they even got animation of their own aka aho girl and bunch of other 

-You are insult the artist by saying. Because that he state that he is "manga style comic "and the story look quite like this "spirit of the infamous Battleship Bismarck and a group of highschool students, as they battle a monstrous entity from the pit and his minions.  Known only as "The Beast"  This being aims to consume all life in the universe "  and if you tell this to an 4-koma artist they would laugh they ass out and tell you this is for the "the serious epic with detailed art" 

"also to detailed is no good, if you spend a whole week to make a "single" panel (not a whole page)....in the end you will forced to add A LOT OF WORD like those murica comic.... and it wasnt good to look at and make it wall text. if you want to make detailed art and yet interactive. i bet you will spend a whole month just to make a single page."

Technically every real artist ever