DinJoe

Problems in higher tier gameplay (Battleships)

6 comments in this topic

[BAR13]
10 posts
1,105 battles

I just got the Bismarck recently, I'm facing some serious problems in this ship. I'm struggling to cross 30,000 damage when I get matched against Tier 9 and 10. It's not the ship's problem, because I perform decently when I'm top Tier. For example: In my first high Tier game I was very passive and contributed very less to the team. So, in my next high Tier game I got full aggressive and went with the cruisers and I got HE spammed to death .In the next high Tier game I got scared and became very passive, I had zero target hits till 5 minutes were left. I really need some advice on how to play high Tier games effectively, I'm just a super noob!

Plus, I just have a 12 point captain and I'm running: Preventive Maintainance, Expert Marksman, Superintendent,Concealment Expert and I'm saving toward Fire Prevention.I will have a 14 point captain when I finish the Bismarck (Sorry I'm not running secondary build).

Edited by DinJoe

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Change expert marksman to adrenaline rush, Bismarck don't really need expert marksman at 36 seconds for 180. Know when to get back and when to push, if you take too much fire get back a bit then go back and shoot stuff

go look at the armour profiles of your potential enemies in the techtree and know where to shoot

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,825 posts
4,103 battles

You should take that concealment build and burn it with fire.  The Bissy loves a secondary build and will punish you for m=being a passive player

Wait for the end/start of clan wars when skill resets are free.

My modules:  Main armaments mod 1, Damage Control System 1, Secondary Battery Mod 2, Damage Control Mod 2, target acquisition System 1.

My Captain; (my 12 pointer is)  Cat fighter, EM, AR,  Supt, AFT.   Next addition will be BFT.  I don't like manual fire control and when the next skill reset comes in may ditch EM and try to work to BOS and SE.  Probably not everyone's ideal build but I like it.

My secondaries have 11.3k range and AA is 5.4km.  

Don't go out by yourself and stick with the up tiered ships.   The sweetspot you need to find is  close enough to the enemy BB's and CA where your horrid dispersion doesn't penalise you too much.   The secondaries will just burn any wayward ships the moment they get too close.    The biggest problem now with driving BB's is the HE spam so you need to get a good mix of damage and repair.

[BAR13]
10 posts
1,105 battles

Can you specify the distance (if not a fixed value, then a range) that I should keep from the targets I'm engaging that I can use as a ruler to guide myself when I'm too close or too far away?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,825 posts
4,103 battles

Its too subjective due to the changes in every battle.    You will get a feel for it.   Suffice to say that if you are fighting at max range in any KMBB you are doing it wrong.  Your max range is about 21km and detection range is about 16km (Bully build).    Being able to move out of detection if you are being pressured to much is a good thing.

Running a concealment build can drop that down to just over 12km which is pretty good, but the trade off is already mentioned.

1,105 posts

how to Bismarck :

- AFT and Superintendent is MUSS..... take CE at 14 skill, 

- ALWAYS USE PREMIUM REPAIR PARTY, fast cooldown, 5 total heal.... and spotter plane if there is no CV in queue

- secondary flag, repair party flag, and - fire duration

- secondary upgrade, -20% rudder, and concealment upgrade

- if you dont want to get secondary build..... dont play Bismarck! get out from KM BB!

in battle :

camping brawl >>>

- if possible or viable camp behind island near the cap. make sure enemy cannt shoot you there

- make sure secondary still in range of cap

- let the secondary phew-phew enemy DD.... or use hydro to support DD.

moonwalking >>>

- if there is no island to cover, brawl by go to cap in reverse speed...

- it let you running away fast

here is the example : 

when to long range snipe?

- when there is too much BB T10..... or team is too noob.... or there is no DD spotting enemy

- target the same ship that being targeted by allies

- Bismarck gun is only 380mm but have low arc and fast.... its better to target CA rather than slow and big T10 BB.

other tips : DONT hesitate to use repair party if you are burning by single fire.... dont use the damage control when there is only 1 fire