You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Please CLAMP DOWN ON AFK,PLEASE!!!!!!

44 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles

I don't know what happened these days,but almost in every matches there'll be 1~2 AFK on my side.Some of them have very bad statistics.

AFK is unsportsmanship.

Please stop this!

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

May be they just took too long to load the battle,

after update, sometime it took me nearly 5 minute to just load the battle not mention random freeze in match:cap_book:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

273 posts
1,220 battles

Not mentioning suspicious ship that plays like an AI bot. After checking the players stats which is slightly better than my signature photo below & his kagero WR at 32%.

At first he seems afk for like 3 mins, then started sailing and stopping behind an island and parking 1.5km next to my chappy. Like bots which auto stops at certain points, then charging into enemy dd which he seems to know where it is, then smoking up. It seems like his ship is only attacking the nearest ship like bots do. The nearest enemy ship was a GK which he started to shoot at it openly and it was not the enemy chung mu which was the nearest then because after he started shooting there was no return fire by chung mu at 7km range from GK........it really seems to confirm my suspicion. Typical predictable bots pattern.... :cap_hmm::cap_yes:

P.S. Not sure whether to report this player or not. Still keeping that replay last night. If you want to check that player you can PM me

Edited by Hey_Potato

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
38 分鐘前,Hey_Potato 說:

Not mentioning suspicious ship that plays like an AI bot. After checking the players stats with a WR of 39% and his kagero WR at 32%. At first he seems afk for like 3 mins, then started sailing and stopping behind an island and parking 1.5km next to my chappy. Like bots which auto stops at certain points, then charging into enemy dd which he seems to know where it is, then smoking up. It seems like his ship is only attacking the nearest ship like bots do. The nearest enemy ship was a GK which he started to shoot at it openly and it was not the enemy chung mu which was the nearest then because after he started shooting there was no return fire by chung mu at 7km range from GK........it really seems to confirm my suspicion. Typical predictable bots pattern.... :cap_hmm::cap_yes:

P.S. Not sure whether to report this player or not. Still keeping that replay last night.

There was a match yesterday:A Fubuki,the only Fubuki in this 23 BB+ 1 DD game,refuse to cap and hang around at the edge of map all the time..........

273 posts
1,220 battles
Just now, User_1145141919810 said:

There was a match yesterday:A Fubuki,the only Fubuki in this 23 BB+ 1 DD game,refuse to cap and hang around at the edge of map all the time..........

I have seen such players but they do not play like a typical predictable pattern like bots do in coop or scenarios.

1,124 posts

I found some strange ship that sitting at spawn point half way through match

BUT start moving when it got spotted and even shoot back at closest target.

bot these days are smart...

534 posts

I still go optimistic towards a team with AFKers since I won a game when two cvs in my team sunk meanwhile enemy's cvs were still alive OR

Execute all AFK ships before enemy detect them

273 posts
1,220 battles

Again met this kagero with same play style. AFK for the 1st 3 mins then it will auto go to a CA behind an island (CA is me of course) and stop there. After that it will turn around and go to the nearest enemy 1st.  Wonder if its WG testing bots on live server....:cap_hmm: I dont think a 2.5k battles player in a kagero will play exactly that same way every time. Its really like a programming logic......

I know there is no naming but should i post his name here so when you guys meet the same bot maybe you all can see for yourself? Anyway that name will appear on the last 3 pages of the players leaderboard. Just take a look at my signature below.

Edited by Hey_Potato

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
1 小時前,Hey_Potato 說:

Again met this kagero with same play style. AFK for the 1st 3 mins then it will auto go to a CA behind an island (CA is me of course) and stop there. After that it will turn around and go to the nearest enemy 1st.  Wonder if its WG testing bots on live server....:cap_hmm: I dont think a 2.5k battles player in a kagero will play exactly that same way every time. Its really like a programming logic......

I know there is no naming but should i post his name here so when you guys meet the same bot maybe you all can see for yourself? Anyway that name will appear on the last 3 pages of the players leaderboard. Just take a look at my signature below.

Again,this time a BOT YAMATO.

It will speak illogical radial command trying to prove it is human lol

1,105 posts

those noob AFKers NEED to play CV! it will teach how to play WoWs and AFK at the same time!

i am playing BB, run dungeon lvl 300, and open facebok or detik or etc at same time.....

too bad they nerf dungeon silver after certain level.... and FPS wows seems dropped very heavily.... so no more WoWs+dungeon run

THEY NEED TO FIX FPS ASAP... i cannt afk howling sheeeet

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I've been in many times in the situation ... 1. Thrown to login screen and cannot re-login. ... 2. Non progression's Loading Screen to battle and wait for 30 min, nothing happen. When match end, auto back to port screen. ... 3. Similar to no 1, but now decide to restart the PC. Need about 10~15 minute procedure. So I'm back to the game (if my ship not destroyed first) after half-match progress.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
17 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

Not mentioning suspicious ship that plays like an AI bot. After checking the players stats which is slightly better than my signature photo below & his kagero WR at 32%.

At first he seems afk for like 3 mins, then started sailing and stopping behind an island and parking 1.5km next to my chappy. Like bots which auto stops at certain points, then charging into enemy dd which he seems to know where it is, then smoking up. It seems like his ship is only attacking the nearest ship like bots do. The nearest enemy ship was a GK which he started to shoot at it openly and it was not the enemy chung mu which was the nearest then because after he started shooting there was no return fire by chung mu at 7km range from GK........it really seems to confirm my suspicion. Typical predictable bots pattern.... :cap_hmm::cap_yes:

P.S. Not sure whether to report this player or not. Still keeping that replay last night. If you want to check that player you can PM me

Send that replay to WG support. Let them decide.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,955 battles
14 hours ago, PGM991 said:

I found some strange ship that sitting at spawn point half way through match

BUT start moving when it got spotted and even shoot back at closest target.

bot these days are smart...

I've seen the same. Had a Fuso that sat in spawn, did nothing, as soon as the enemy came close (which was end game) it began to move and fired at the closest target. A full HP BB, while a cruiser on literally 88HP was only 1km further back from the BB....

WG Staff
461 posts
525 battles

Hello all,

I've heard you pleas, let me assure you that we will not let this issue slide. I appreciate your patience, but know that we will clamp down on these players for their actions.:cap_rambo:

We shall re-awaken the red button sooner than you think....:etc_red_button:

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles
11 minutes ago, Spotter said:

Hello all,

I've heard you pleas, let me assure you that we will not let this issue slide. I appreciate your patience, but know that we will clamp down on these players for their actions.:cap_rambo:

So why when I read this post did the line "It's alive!!!!!" Run through my head?

Dunno, anyways Spotter it would be great if some definitive action took place, more than a few of us are in the cynical, resigned acceptance mindset, which is not good for the player base long term.

Beta Tester
668 posts
8,348 battles

So annoying.

Was just in a 2 CV a side game.

One of our CV sat there doing nothing until game was half over - didn't respond to communication.

When did do something, only launched planes and then planes went to back of map until an enemy ship came close then "it" attacked.

I was DD and needed air cover - constantly spotted by enemy planes because it was 2 CV vs 1 CV effectively.

I don't care WHAT the reason is, this ruins games.

Really annoying.

WG Staff
461 posts
525 battles
16 hours ago, j0e90 said:

So why when I read this post did the line "It's alive!!!!!" Run through my head?

Dunno, anyways Spotter it would be great if some definitive action took place, more than a few of us are in the cynical, resigned acceptance mindset, which is not good for the player base long term.

I'm also affected by this issue. Even though I'm more of a Coop guy, apprarently there are still AFK players there too..... :cap_wander:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,103 battles
20 hours ago, Spotter said:

Hello all,

One thing that may appease the community is if there was some form of update in  this thread here and at least giving them the impression something is being done rather than deathly silence

It started off and then just died.  No staff responses....nothing.  Bearing remarkable similarities to the apathy that WOT had over AFK and cheating.  The last notification of player sanctions was April 2016.  Nearly 2 years and 106 posts from players after that and nothing from WG in there.

993 posts
7,415 battles
On 3/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, User_1145141919810 said:

I don't know what happened these days,but almost in every matches there'll be 1~2 AFK on my side.Some of them have very bad statistics.

There is a sticky thread here on WG acknowledging AFK.

When you see AFK ships, report them. But be careful, sometimes a ship looks AFK, but then it starts moving at one stage.

I have sometimes dropped out of the server and it took a few minutes to log back in.

Overall, I don’t think I see more than one “real” AFK in about 50 games, I mean, a ship that at one stage is killed by the enemy team without resistance.

354 posts
9,048 battles
18 hours ago, Spotter said:

I'm also affected by this issue. Even though I'm more of a Coop guy, apparently there are still AFK players there too..... :cap_wander:

You can get it a lot on PT too - when you need to win (say) 5 battles for the live reward, people will just get into a battle, esc out of it and enter another one with a different ship. Repeat until you luck out 5 times. Last PT session I was in a game with 4 afks on our team (we didn't win!).

I'm not sure why they do it on their live accounts though.

216 posts
11,477 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 5:40 AM, MissMeMiss said:

I've been in many times in the situation ... 1. Thrown to login screen and cannot re-login. ... 2. Non progression's Loading Screen to battle and wait for 30 min, nothing happen. When match end, auto back to port screen. ... 3. Similar to no 1, but now decide to restart the PC. Need about 10~15 minute procedure. So I'm back to the game (if my ship not destroyed first) after half-match progress.

i used to encounter issue No. 2 at certain cafe. My assumption is the cafe's system read/write access for the terminal isn't friendly enough for WOWS(or not enough rights for the terminal). So when i changed to a different cybercafe it worked fine. usually takes 10 mins or halfway on the match when i encountered that issue last time.

1,332 posts
8,817 battles

Not all of them maybe afkers. A number of them the game may have had their game crash or take a long time to load. I am seeing quite a lot cases nowadays - at least 1 afker on either team every few battles.

1,332 posts
8,817 battles

Oh yeah fix your :etc_swear: game WG.

Just had not one, but two players afk/game crashed in a match today. (Actually 3, the Colorado was active in the first 5 minutes or so, then went AFK/crashed/whatever)

5aaa22f0e6847_wtfwg.jpg.532bca8654cd591511c60b44abce4e1e.jpg