You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scommy

Making the game less boring

12 comments in this topic

71 posts
4,020 battles

I find I play a couple of games, if they are losses I cannot be bothered trying after that. 20 minutes to lose a game is a big investment of time and deflating. Most of the time I know in the first 2 minutes if we are going to lose which makes it all a bit pointless. 

I notice lower tier is pretty low player base, so it appears the game is already struggling to retain people. 

What can be done to improve the player experience? 

Edited by scommy

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

division with somebody

play solo all the time game will get bored fast even faster if you keep losing

go join a clan play with others you will not be bored

1,001 posts
7,422 battles

Overall I believe WoWS is a good game, certainly not boring. Any PvP has a potential for frustration because sometimes you don’t win, even if you feel you should. 20 minutes is a good time frame.

There has been quite a few suggestion here on the forum, how to change the game. I may be the only one, but I believe in the year since I started, WG generally do a good job balancing and improving the game.

69 posts
5,241 battles

there are simple changes to make this GOOD game GREAT

fix MM bracketing

fix radar annomillies

fix unskilled rushing up tiers

BUT wargaming are reluctant to do it

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

the problem with WOWS is that it has a LONG learning curve and WG isnt doing anything to help out the new players in the game, so new players come in, they broadside like a.. well, like a new player who dont know better, they get punished by game machenics that they know nothing about. hell when i started playing, i only learned to angle at T8, before that i thought crossing the T is a goo idea. so yeah.

599 posts
7,576 battles
2 hours ago, scommy said:

I find I play a couple of games, if they are losses I cannot be bothered trying after that. 20 minutes to lose a game is a big investment of time and deflating. Most of the time I know in the first 2 minutes if we are going to lose which makes it all a bit pointless. 

Some matches are not really gonna happen if you think the outcome might be...

Your team could miraculously comeback from the losing side normally is enemy overextending cuz of greed

No human can predict the future accurately 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
5 hours ago, scommy said:

Most of the time I know in the first 2 minutes if we are going to lose

this is the reason we lose most of the time, even when the best player carry the team, the team itself is quite...

...unmotivated loser

how about being a positive fellow and actually help the team to win

Edited by Harpoon01

71 posts
4,020 battles

Some excellent replies. 

@ahwai82 A clan is a good idea tho I doubt I can get into one with my Winrate XD. I am actually getting curious to see how low my wr can go tbh.

@PeterMoe1963 , Gummilicious and Fenrir I have to be honest, I find it excruciatingly painful (as in root canal pain) not to just log another ship when my team is down 2 ships within 2 minutes. Just gotta grit teeth and suck it up I guess.

chicony56 Is the radar thing anything to do with Belfast? When I see a belfast on other team I used to sigh and get a coffee. I used to enjoy the Japan DD line got quite high up T8, but gave up once Belfasts appeared and seem to destroy me with consummate ease.  Now I only play 3-6 simply to avoid Belfast.

@harpoon I dunno, I do not recall winning much once my team is down 2 ships early. I will keep a log of it from now on to try see how the stats match up. But in my exerience as a BB/Ca player once my team has no DD we are pretty helpless and we are blind and just get outspotted.

Edited by scommy

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

When i see all dd went to 1 side leaving BB defenseless to enemy dd and having no spotter, no camo kagero, no camo mutsuki,

When all BB lemming behind Island,

When radar CA dont go anywhere near cap to assist dd,

When  the CV only use Bomber attacking enemy and keeping his FF on deck,

Yes, I know its over after 2 minutes. 

71 posts
4,020 battles
1 minute ago, RimauLaut said:

When i see all dd went to 1 side leaving BB defenseless to enemy dd and having no spotter, no camo kagero, no camo mutsuki,

When all BB lemming behind Island,

When radar CA dont go anywhere near cap to assist dd,

When  the CV only use Bomber attacking enemy and keeping his FF on deck,

Yes, I know its over after 2 minutes. 

Hehe - great post lol. I will take note. 

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

scommy if you want to try joining a clan there are few that are just casual with no pressure.Keep an eye out in ingame chat/join a clan windows.

Auslander who heads TWR,the clan I am in, is usually looking for players to join,and we have a couple of spots open at the moment.Do a search and contach him in game if you want.Win rate isn't an issue,and I play only PvE and Operations,which Auslander wasn't worried about when I talked to him before joining.