Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Radar or Torpedo Armament Expertise

6 comments in this topic

492 posts
7,643 battles

You mean Radio location right? Akatsuki and Kagero have no radar.

Choice is yours, TAE gets you 10% faster firing torps but from the T8 Kagero you get access to torpedo reload booster anyway.

If it was me I would go for Radio location as it would be useful more of the time.

273 posts
1,220 battles

I will assume your captain is at 14 pts. The first 10 pts skills PM, LS, SE & CE right? :cap_yes:

IJN dd u definitely need RPF as you do not want to get into a sudden knife fight with a gun boat. You can have some info eg. whether there are 2 dds coming into the cap zone so you can play accordingly. Scouting around the edge of the cap zone with RPF (Radio Location) will give you more info rather than you rush straight into cap zone and get radar or worst meeting 2 enemy dds.

U can get adrenaline rush (AR) skill as your last 2 pts. Some prefer to get AR 1st and lastly TAE but I prefer to get TAE 1st. AR only kicks in when you lose your hp and ijn dd you want to play safe.

If for gunboat dd like fletcher, I will go for AR 1st and lastly only TAE as i play more aggressive in a gun boat dd.

Unless you want a permanent/dedicated captain for kagero, i will swap TAE for SI for that extra reload booster to wrack 16 torps havoc.

Edited by Hey_Potato

1,011 posts
7,464 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 5:24 PM, ROFLSaurusRex said:

Tier 8 Kagero

It is quite hard to give advice based on limited info.

How did you distribute your other skill points?

If you fly flags, which ones?

And even then, it would be good to know how you play your IJN DD’s.

But without knowing any of that, probably go RDF for the Kagero.

Sign in to follow this