You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Stolen kills

55 comments in this topic

29 posts
2,755 battles

Anybody else frustrated by having their kills continually stolen? What I mean by that is you have just spent the past few minutes pounding an enemy ship (and getting pounded) and just as he's on his last tiny scrap of life somebody else joins in and sinks him while you're waiting for your guns to reload. I know you can't blame your allies - I'd take the opportunity to sink a badly damaged enemy too, but it is so frustrating and it seems to happen 90% of the time with me. Many times I have 99% destroyed several ships in the one battle only to have each one sunk before I could finish them off and I end the battle with no ships sunk. Similarly, it is really frustrating when you have been having a running battle with an enemy and just when you gain the upper hand and are about to finish him off the game ends - it's probably my imagination, but some battles seem to be much shorter than others.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 minutes ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

Anybody else frustrated by having their kills continually stolen? What I mean by that is you have just spent the past few minutes pounding an enemy ship (and getting pounded) and just as he's on his last tiny scrap of life somebody else joins in and sinks him while you're waiting for your guns to reload. I know you can't blame your allies - I'd take the opportunity to sink a badly damaged enemy too, but it is so frustrating and it seems to happen 90% of the time with me. Many times I have 99% destroyed several ships in the one battle only to have each one sunk before I could finish them off and I end the battle with no ships sunk. Similarly, it is really frustrating when you have been having a running battle with an enemy and just when you gain the upper hand and are about to finish him off the game ends - it's probably my imagination, but some battles seem to be much shorter than others.

kills dont contribute to your final XP unless you manage to KS 5 of them for a kraken, and in high tiers i welcome my teammates to assure a kill, since low HP BBs/CA/DDs can still be slippery bastards to finish off, and can do considerable damage even if they were on low HP just a few moments ago

161 posts
5,905 battles

I only cares about kills that have achievements with it, but I guess we'll have to earn that.

And no, I'm more concern about exp so if the dmg is already done then it's fine to me. It's also something to do with removing the enemy guns as fast as possible.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

- team cant hit a destroyer with one digit health for about 2 minutes

- hit it with my secondaries

- accused for kill steal

- u wot m8?

in anyway, this game rely so much on focus fire rather than single ship DPS or alpha firepower since it is nearly impossible to one hit wonder an angling ships other than fragile destroyer

Edited by Harpoon01

1,346 posts
8,860 battles

I don't mind if somebody steals/secures the kills. In fact I will spam the F3 key on a low health enemy. Better the enemy dies than escapes to come bite us back later. 

What I do mind however, is people intentionally holding their fire to ensure the last hit. :cap_viking:

313 posts
10,074 battles

in fact while playing battleships, i deliberately avoid shooting those dying targets,
why should I waste my powerful long reloaded battleships AP on a 2k hp left ships (except DD)?
they dont deserve my AP salvo 

if you care about wtr value, its another story coz wtr takes kills into account by a large margin:cap_fainting:

318 posts
6,870 battles

If a kill secure = a winning game, then i'm happy for that person to get the kill.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
31 minutes ago, Minifirefly said:

why should I waste my powerful long reloaded battleships AP on a 2k hp left ships (except DD)?

in high tier scenario where cruisers and battleships all have repair, I would really unload all my salvo to dying enemy that can repair anytime and back to battle in decent condition

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
4 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

in high tier scenario where cruisers and battleships all have repair, I would really unload all my salvo to dying enemy that can repair anytime and back to battle in decent condition

this^

ESPECIALLY A CONQUEROR

Beta Tester
65 posts
6,501 battles

It’s frustrating in Missions where you need to acquire kills but other than that I a.m fine with Team Mates getting the kills and yes I would spam F3 and even type out in the chat to kill off a Ship that is on low hp. 

273 posts
1,220 battles
3 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

It is better to have a win with no kills and you are in the top 3 of the match outcome rather than be no.1 in the losing team. Its rather normal in a bb for that to happen with 1 salvo on CA...bam 2 cit with enemy hp down to 4 digits and losing the kill to someone else.

8 minutes ago, Wolf168 said:

It’s frustrating in Missions where you need to acquire kills but other than that I a.m fine with Team Mates getting the kills and yes I would spam F3 and even type out in the chat to kill off a Ship that is on low hp. 

When doing missions to acquire set # of kills, it is best to hold your salvo until the enemy is very low on hp then let off your full salvo to ensure the kill is yours and yours alone. Screw the team when you are doing your mission objectives :cap_tea: like the last DOY missions. :Smile_medal:

If you cant complete the mission objectives, the blame is on you and no one else.

161 posts
5,905 battles
52 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

In before someone mention Conq...

48 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

this^

ESPECIALLY A CONQUEROR

nvm

Kill it before it heals!!!

534 posts

You still get higher exp than the kill stealer if you managed to severely damage enemies,I once saw a dude destroyed 5 ships already nevertheless he scored no.5 in our team meanwhile top exp earner didn't even get a kill

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

I agree with majority, as long as we win and remove the threat ASAP it is all and most important.

But, I think the what "the pirate" means is.. U work hard on dealing damage to target A, u have 1 ally next to u within 1~2 km or maybe for bigger ship, 5km~. U deal damage to that enemy, and get returned damaged for exposing urself,  ONLY after the enemy hp become 1 salvo shot to your hiding ally, he start shooting and get the kill. Or the enemy already on sure fire/sinking from torpedo hit that u caused the other guy kill steal. This, to me.. is very unsportmanship and should not be rewarded nor be treated as team working. Basically same as those who play BB and yelled at dd, why u no cap, while the BB himself camping at 0~2 boxes from line edge. 

In the above scenario.. I am not very happy :) tho it wouldnt ruin my mood at all as long as we win. But most of time, that attitude lead to losses.

423 posts

I feel bad when I do it multiple times in a single game.

I remember when I got a Kracken once through kill steals and I didn't even mean it. 

I shot at half or full health targets and while my shells were in the air, someone else took off most of their health and then I finished them. 

Kill assists would be great.  (you get one for taking off 20%-49% of the targets health, doesn't matter if you finish them off if you got 20%)

159 posts
5,684 battles

If I'm playing BB I wont waste a salvo on a low health target unless I think he's going to escape and be able to heal. I'm not really worried if somebody finishes my target off for me, thats one less ship firing back and we can all move on to the next target. Kill stealing can be a bit frustrating when there is a mission, especially when it seems like the person doing it is intentionally doing it for a mission. But in the end if you play well you'll still end up with kills to complete the mission, so not a huge worry. I've also held fire on a low health target so sombody can get kraken, it was done once for me too when there was only one enemy left.