Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Just give every ship radar already

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
127 posts
6,502 battles

Why doesn't WG just give every single ship in the game radar without having to switch it for another consumable.

It'll honestly simplify matches. I don't have to gamble as to whether the enemy UK Cl or PA DD is running radar or not or if every ship in the game has radar. 

If I wanted to gamble I'd play online roulette, but thanks to WG I get a mini-version every time I see UK Cl or PA DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
481 posts
7,592 battles
44 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

I wish WG would balance radar. It should not work through islands or mountains, nor should hydro.

Yes! I believe it would go a long way way to improve current DD gameplay. Allowing DD to actually hide again in caps that have islands would go some way to making DD players actually actively want to cap. DD gameplay right now really needs some love.

PS BTW fixing AA fire so it doesn't go through islands would be great too.

Edited by HobartAWD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,124 posts

I want mod,

a MOD that tell me which ship have radar and it state (ready/active/cool down/out of use)

 

to day playing DD is like gamble, you never know when or where radar gonna hit without warning

just dealing with fellow DD that as stealth or stealthier is dangerous enough now radar that can see through every thing.

it's completely discourage me to play objective/aggressive.

 

despite ship concealment, these day I always assume 10-12km around high tier CA (every CA other than IJN that is) is dead zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
5 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Yes! I believe it would go a long way way to improve current DD gameplay. Allowing DD to actually hide again in caps that have islands would go some way to making DD players actually actively want to cap. DD gameplay right now really needs some love.

PS BTW fixing AA fire so it doesn't go through islands would be great too.

"Muh CV are OP i cant shoot it down through island

Muh Cant kill DD with Radar, DD are OP"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LOLI]
Member
61 posts
3,143 battles
7 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

For any CA/CL or DD 

Icon_RadioPositionFinding_dark.png

 

For BB

Consumable_PCY013_SpotterPremium.png + Icon_DirectionCenterforCatapultAircraft_

 

the most stupid thing is,.... the henry4 and republique dont have catapult launcher..... THEY NEED BUFF.....

Republique do have a helipad,it actually do not have a catapult launcher indeed.

WG:Too hard to make a new system about helicopter,forget it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
160 posts
5,905 battles

This might be getting worst with more and more lines getting added in, with varieties of radar ranges to complicate things up.

I'll just treat all of them as potential radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
599 posts
7,566 battles
2 hours ago, PGM991 said:

I want mod,

a MOD that tell me which ship have radar and it state (ready/active/cool down/out of use)

 

 

 

Rather, i would want them to let the radar ship broadcast them to their teammates , like when they wanna use  radar,

there will be a message saying "Radar on for ____sec"

then when it ends

"Radar time out, ____min cooldown before usable  again"

 

Edited by Gummilicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

There is no need for mod to tell you that. Just keep a min distance 10-11km from usn/RN radar CA. For USSR CA the radar is 11.7 but moksva will be spotted at 13km+....so there is no issue staying a distance of 11km even when her radar is up, u still can speed boost and run because her radar has shorter duration.

Its hard to remember all the radar distances & duration of different nations but generally i will stay around 10km from all radar CAs even if their radar is up, you are still able to speed boost and run away. Always assume a minimum of 40s for radar duration and 120s cool down.

You cant play aggressive early in the game where there are radar CA lurking behind islands at the cap zone. RPF is a good indicator if you suspect there is a radar CA behind island. Make sure they are spotted 1st so you are not caught with your pants down. You will need to have an exit plan before you go into the cap zone with islands. Use the terrain for cover as exit plan or reverse your ship into the cap zone and when there is radar its is easier for you to WASD and get away immediately.

I've seen so many dds rushing head 1st into the cap zone and got radar to death as they are unable to turn away and run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, Hey_Potato said:

There is no need for mod to tell you that. Just keep a min distance 10-11km from usn/RN radar CA. For USSR CA the radar is 11.7 but moksva will be spotted at 13km+....so there is no issue staying a distance of 11km even when her radar is up, u still can speed boost and run because her radar has shorter duration.

One radar ship, sure, I know how to avoid it, make it 3 and then they chain radar you. Might as well do something better by ALT-TABBING, cause kiss goodbye to your primary role, which is cap control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

One radar ship, sure, I know how to avoid it, make it 3 and then they chain radar you. Might as well do something better by ALT-TABBING, cause kiss goodbye to your primary role, which is cap control.

Then I will do YOLO damage farming :cap_haloween::cap_happy::Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
160 posts
5,905 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

One radar ship, sure, I know how to avoid it, make it 3 and then they chain radar you. Might as well do something better by ALT-TABBING, cause kiss goodbye to your primary role, which is cap control.

Recently, MM put my Z52 in a single DD team while the enemy got 4 radars + Midway.

I mean radars, sure, I can kind of dealt with that, but radars + CV, lmao.

Nope. I wish there's a button that detonate myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

One radar ship, sure, I know how to avoid it, make it 3 and then they chain radar you. Might as well do something better by ALT-TABBING, cause kiss goodbye to your primary role, which is cap control.

Had a match in December where enemy had 1 moskva, 1 balti and 2 des moines. Most UNFUN game ever. The USN Ca's sat behind an island and daisy chained radar while firing over the island and any attempt to flank the moskva or enemy DD's lit me and the other friendly dd's up. Impossible to do anything at all, allied BB's didnt push, couldnt, allied cruisers got deleted. 1000-50 game, very unfun. I think I stopped playing DD after that.

I know as the game gets progressively more gimmicky and unfun I spend less and less. As a whale gamer who would drop 50-150 per month on WoWS depending on sales etc, I think I've only spent 10 dollars since christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

Found myself passing time just playing scenarios during weekends to avoid those dam potatoes in random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
160 posts
5,905 battles
3 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

Found myself passing time just playing scenarios during weekends to avoid those dam potatoes in random

It might be better by tomorrow, I hope... 

no it won't.

unknown.png

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
69 posts
5,241 battles
On 03/03/2018 at 11:09 AM, Jeruk_Swag said:

Why doesn't WG just give every single ship in the game radar without having to switch it for another consumable.

It'll honestly simplify matches. I don't have to gamble as to whether the enemy UK Cl or PA DD is running radar or not or if every ship in the game has radar. 

If I wanted to gamble I'd play online roulette, but thanks to WG I get a mini-version every time I see UK Cl or PA DD.

what would be better I think is a radar quipped boat only get radar screen graphic in corner of screen akin to real radar scope showing return radar pings only...that gets my vote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
435 posts
6,169 battles
12 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Just make a simple change. Don't let the radar detect behind landmass. That's just braindead gameplay.

Or when cruisers (or any ship) actives radar, they’re automatically visible, in all conditions.

This would give teams counter play, radar is not going away so counter play options would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
286 posts
5,223 battles

Or make radar directional, so it only shows ships 150 degrees forward.

Or make radar so it only shows ships on the minimap, so you get their positions (which is still useful information) but cannot target them.

Lots of ways to fix radar, I assume WG will eventually get around to doing some sub-optimal variant of one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
991 posts
7,403 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 12:46 PM, Pocket_Fox said:

I wish WG would balance radar. It should not work through islands or mountains, nor should hydro.

Totally agreed. With hydro, there may be some spilling around islands, but radar is line of sight in real life, so it should be line of sight in WoWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×