You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Performance issue after 0.7.2

49 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,246 battles

I have noticed significant performance degrading after the new patch. FPS flips extremely often, especially when playing ships with high RoF.

My PC: FX60VM notebook hooked up to a monitor

i5-6300HQ, 2*8Gigs 2133, 5.4K HDD, GTX1060 3GB connected via a standard HDMI cable to a 1080P 60FPS monitor.

I believe my setup is more than capable of handling WoWs, but during games the FPS cannot keep at around 75FPS (previously achievable) after 0.7.2 patch, hopping between 40 and 60 FPS, causing multiple miniature "freezes" which is truly a pain. Anyone else seeing similar performance issue?

Beta Tester
909 posts

I normally dont have issues with performance.

But this patch even in the port screen the ship models lag a bit. 

In battle sometimes it get sluggish.

WG has introduced something this patch. 

1,105 posts
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

WG has introduced something this patch. 

WG did give some new wave water effect.... and another feature....

they didnt said anything about affect performance like before....

492 posts
7,661 battles

Same here. My rig was running game with everything on high settings flawlessly at a stable 75+ FPS. Nothing has changed on my end but the game now is borderline unplayable at times.

When certain ships get spotted and enter view the game craps out and has big freezes of 0.3 - 0.5 second. If you are trying to accurately aim when this happens forget it!

Regardless of ships spawning into view or not FPS is constantly jumping between 70 ish and 15 FPS. Average seems to be around 50 for me, but it fluctuates so badly it is again almost unplayable at times.

Nice to know that I am having such a fantastic gaming experience when using my expensive premium ships and expensive premium account. Going to hold off on renewing my premium acc until this gets fixed.

Honestly WG does anyone over there play test new patches before release?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
3 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

Im the same as Drakon, It went from 50ish down to 30ish

what specs are you using?

im running a intel i7 8550 and a nvidia MX150 with 128ssd

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

Yup also notice the performance drop. from 78 to 50-ish. Problem is the stuttering sometimes affect my shooting.

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

I saw some stuttering too. I wasn't sure if it was the game or something else but when lots of other people are saying the same thing at the same time it sure does indicate a change. Although I might add I have seen similar behavior in another gpu intensive app and I did notice a windows defender program update (not definition). Just mention it because perhaps it's something to do with realtime file access. What with spectre and all isn't that exactly where they said a delay would be introduced?

159 posts
5,692 battles
32 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

what specs are you using?

im running a intel i7 8550 and a nvidia MX150 with 128ssd

Ive got a pretty old system, but I can still run a lot of things well. intel core 2 duo E8400 3GHz, nvidia GTX 660

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
1 minute ago, blauflamme22 said:

Ive got a pretty old system, but I can still run a lot of things well. intel core 2 duo E8400 3GHz, nvidia GTX 660

how the heck are you still getting 50ish FPS on that? lower graphic settings?

my old rig was a intel pentium+gtx720 and it barely had 25~FPS on mid settinga

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

remove shadows by editing the ini files , they are the main source of heavy graphical calculating , use FXAA instead of AA and turn off soft particles.

By tweaking the ini a bit you can get a suitable graphic to your liking with a shitty specced comp like mine (  Radeon HD6670 ). Nvidia cards are likely to run out of gas when they do heavy stuffs with same tech , unlike an AMD one.

605 posts
7,614 battles

fps aint dropping to much for me (40~70-ish)

Port take a longer time to load tho

Running on a i7-4710k 2.5G ,nvidia gtx850m ,8gb ram

Try changing your resolution, i changed from "full screen" to "maximum borderless,windowed"

40 posts

Yep micro stutters and lag spikes, never had these before 0.7.2.0 but now they are common. FPS seems to stay constant at 60 but I jump from 35ms to 100+ when they occur, making the game a spray and pray affair, and that's when log off.  

1,386 posts
8,246 battles
7 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

fps aint dropping to much for me (40~70-ish)

Port take a longer time to load tho

Running on a i7-4710k 2.5G ,nvidia gtx850m ,8gb ram

Try changing your resolution, i changed from "full screen" to "maximum borderless,windowed"

I'm always running maximized borderless windowed, and GTX1060 is definitely overkill for WoWs running at ~1080P, even AAA titles can run at max settings quite smoothly on GTX1060.

A possible solution (if you have this performance issue) is to tune down the water surface effects, I never tried it so IDK if it works.

1,386 posts
8,246 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

GTX660 is still respectable for light gaming, and it certainly does outperform MX150, TechPowerUp estimates a 173% relative performance with MX150 used as 100% baseline. I've been running a HD7870GHz (between GTX660 and 660 Ti) for years before my desktop finally died away due to memory controller issues (been with it ever since I built it, probably because my cheapo E3-1230v2 was defective), able to maintain a nice 60FPS until the card decides to throttle (usually after 15 minutes, and not due to thermal issues, it stays cool at less than 60deg

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
11 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

GTX660 is still respectable for light gaming, and it certainly does outperform MX150, TechPowerUp estimates a 173% relative performance with MX150 used as 100% baseline. I've been running a HD7870GHz (between GTX660 and 660 Ti) for years before my desktop finally died away due to memory controller issues (been with it ever since I built it, probably because my cheapo E3-1230v2 was defective), able to maintain a nice 60FPS until the card decides to throttle (usually after 15 minutes, and not due to thermal issues, it stays cool at less than 60deg

huh?

i thought the MX 150 had almost equal proformence as a GTX950, and my GTX720 couldnt handle this game anywhere as well as this current one, so im not sure why you'd say it out proforms this...

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

huh?

i thought the MX 150 had almost equal proformence as a GTX950, and my GTX720 couldnt handle this game anywhere as well as this current one, so im not sure why you'd say it out proforms this...

MX 150 is quite weak for a gaming card , mainly because of overheating problems which will badly affect you at critical moments of truth. You had better buy a cool down fan for your laptop , sooner or later the weak cooler onboard will cause problems.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

MX 150 is quite weak for a gaming card , mainly because of overheating problems which will badly affect you at critical moments of truth. You had better buy a cool down fan for your laptop , sooner or later the weak cooler onboard will cause problems.

i dod have a cooling fan, so that's why i dont have too much of a problem with over heating i guess, this new computer of mine has decent cooling anyways

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

i dod have a cooling fan, so that's why i dont have too much of a problem with over heating i guess, this new computer of mine has decent cooling anyways

Great to hear it , MX150 is quite notorious here in Viet Nam due to the hot climate. Laptop vents are nothing to write home about , thats why most of us here avoid that chip. GTX chips usually endure better , esp in an AC room.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
2 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Great to hear it , MX150 is quite notorious here in Viet Nam due to the hot climate. Laptop vents are nothing to write home about , thats why most of us here avoid that chip. GTX chips usually endure better , esp in an AC room.

in vietnam

lives at vietname-china border

^

yeah, i feel you man

meanwhile in indo the avrage temp is about 30+ degrees as well, go figure

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

I have a 6 year old desktop,i7 2700K and Asus GTX 580,get constant 78 FPS at 1920 x 1200 unless there is a lag problem.Only options I have off are MSAA,SSR and post processing ( personal preference only these,no idea if they would affect framerate).

Does get a little bit hot though!

( Just played a game now.Sea Rendering Quality on Very High costs me up to 8 FPS with the sea in view.Setting to High goes back to 78.So the new wave effects could be contributing if you have them set to VH)

Edited by BanditSE1977