Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Felli_Cross

Is it possible for WG adjust the requirements for aigle marathon mission 13?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
7 posts
2,656 battles

Title says it all, I know its possible to do it but come on, before you even complete it, either your team is getting rekt or the enemy team is already blown up.
I just started playing this game since 3rd week of February ( more or less ) and I really find it hard enough to do it and its nearly impossible to do it on certain circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,861 posts
4,149 battles

The whole idea of a marathon giving a ship as a rewards is for it to be challenging.

Not everyone is good enough to get a ship otherwise it may as well be a giveaway.  It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
66 posts
9,624 battles

Get in the fastest firing ship you have, hide in smoke, spam spam spam... forget about anything else, just rely on your team to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1 post
497 battles

Basically, focus on staying alive and just support. That should be good enough just dish out as much damage as you can and avoid taking much in return. Once you are low on health pull back and wait for the match to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,671 posts
10,500 battles
4 hours ago, Felli_Cross said:

Title says it all, I know its possible to do it but come on, before you even complete it, either your team is getting rekt or the enemy team is already blown up.
I just started playing this game since 3rd week of February ( more or less ) and I really find it hard enough to do it and its nearly impossible to do it on certain circumstances.

If you have a large fleet the missions are not that hard, but it is geared toward bring grindy. Im too lazy to grind aigle which is the offspring of a us and ussr dd.

Having the right ships for the task ease the process a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
7 posts
2,656 battles

I'm using Omaha from USA tree, best RoF in my line up right now, I know its possible but its too dam hard, highest hit done so far is 121 (could've done it if it wasn't for my beast team mate who 1 hit most enemies on citadels) maybe ill try ussr DD, might work and have a smoke for extra concealment, started playing just this feb and decided to buy spee, done most of the aigle missions using that spee ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,671 posts
10,500 battles
11 hours ago, Felli_Cross said:

I'm using Omaha from USA tree, best RoF in my line up right now, I know its possible but its too dam hard, highest hit done so far is 121 (could've done it if it wasn't for my beast team mate who 1 hit most enemies on citadels) maybe ill try ussr DD, might work and have a smoke for extra concealment, started playing just this feb and decided to buy spee, done most of the aigle missions using that spee ^_^

You shouldnt use a ussr dd for pew pew hit mission as their range is quite short without a deep captain , you are squishy and your turret traverse is god awful not to mention you have fewer guns than a same tier cruiser. My advice is get to a Cleveland fast which can consistantly land 150+ hits if you survive long enough.

Spee isnt a normal cruiser by any means. It has low barrel count but large caliber. It is fun , but against heavy BB population , it isnt as effective and it require good aim. i advise playing until you reach 100+ battles in tier 8 before you decide on a new premium to buy as you have a basic understanding of what you really want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

If I remember correctly, the tasks were some plane kills and some main battery hit ribbons. Finished both in one Fletcher game. Even easier to do with Atlanta or RNCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[LYNMF]
Member
991 posts
11,643 battles

Done 150 hits with hindenburg, so many bb at high tier it's not hard

Shoot down 30 planes played a few match all without CV but got lucky with Atlanta twice and done it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,046 posts
7,518 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 1:06 AM, Storm_Raiser said:

I did it first attempt in Emerald in a tier 7 game so it's not that hard.

That you did it first attempt doesn’t mean this is an easy task.

It just means you were lucky first time you played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,046 posts
7,518 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 11:45 PM, Felli_Cross said:

I just started playing this game since 3rd week of February

Wow, considering that, you do very well.

I just did a google search, there seem a fair few people complaining about tasks 13 and 14.

I don’t think WG will change the rules half-way through. Anyway, you would have to ask them, rather than post here on the fourm

Keep in mind, this is a reward for certain achievements. WG can make it as hard or easy as they like. Or as grindy as they like.

Just keep in mind, you have to achieve only 18 of 24 tasks or something like that, You can look up the exact number in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
287 posts
5,270 battles

18 out of 26, and a lot of them are very easy to do just through normal mid-tier play. I'd say compared to other premium-ship-reward marathons, this one is quite easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, Webba84 said:

18 out of 26, and a lot of them are very easy to do just through normal mid-tier play. I'd say compared to other premium-ship-reward marathons, this one is quite easy.

Indeed. Just a bit time consuming, and you have to be regular. While the other ones, you could actually storm through. I think its a good attempt to maintain player attraction :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×