You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Is Conqueror really a foolproof warship?

64 comments in this topic

534 posts

I tried it in PT and it's very easy to get more than 160k damage if play it decently 

From the replays and the conqueror players I have engaged,I find out that they easily evade from the inevitable death which is suppose to happen on them by activating heal and disengage fight with concealment

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

let's see

she have the most powerful HE armaments in the game for now

Amazing Heal

good enough range to snipe anything

well rather than foolproof i rather call her, Noob Friendly

Edited by Harpoon01

411 posts
6,145 battles
54 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I tried it in PT and it's very easy to get more than 160k damage if play it decently 

From the replays and the conqueror players I have engaged,I find out that they easily evade from the inevitable death which is suppose to happen on them by activating heal and disengage fight with concealment

Nope...Only if you play her at max range and spam BBs...Yes you can farm a lot of damage but farming damage does not always guarantee a win. For winning, you'll have to push, tank, hold position etc. and that is where Conqueror is weak, It has 32 mm overall which makes it extremely vulnerable to cruiser HE, and even though you have super-heal, you have to time it well to make the best out of it(which means, subsequent heal charges will not be ready to use soon) and after its gone, you'll have to wait A LOT MORE than other BBs for the heal to come back again. A conqueror that is focus fired is a dead conqueror. So, if you just want to have fun and troll around and don't care much about winning or losing, Conqueror is perfectly fine, otherwise, when playing for objectives, it is not foolproof...

Edited by _TAMAL_

1,386 posts
8,221 battles

1. Have you ever considered what would happen to other BBs if they were in that position? With the exception of MN BBs, they would likely not feel endangered at all. Conqueror is stupidly fragile by means of hull armor and HP, it has the second weakest main belt of all T10 BBs*, worst weather deck and worst TDS, along with T9-ish HP pool.

* République (400mm/25deg) > Yamato (410mm/19deg) > Montana (406mm/15deg) > Conqueror (406mm/5deg) > GK (380mm/3deg) Trust me the inclination difference is glaring.

A simple calculation would prove that Conqueror is not vastly better than other T10 BBs (République being an exception) at surviving in noob overextend situation

A GK can take 105800*(1+0.005*28)=120,612 HP before sinking, a Yamato 110,808 HP, Montana 109,782, Conqueror 116,060. Based on HP pool and one heal, Conqueror may not be able to unleash the full potential of even the first one due to the "HP reserve drain" effect of penetrating hits. Also Conqueror tend to receive more damage from the same hits due to a weaker hull and not so good main belt. Yes it is harder to citadel, but currently no T10 BB is easy to citadel, even the Yamato (to reliably citadel a full broadside Yamato without any non-pen, another Yamato would be at no more than 12km, said one of the best Yamato players in SEA)

And République…

2. HE spam, yes it does farm damage. And without a doubt, fire is 10/10 annoying shyt. I would say a no-brainer if you want BB damage medal lvl 4. But does it win games? I still remember how GK maintained over 53% WR for the first year of it's existence, and Conqueror is already dipping below 51%, guess that's a no. What I take this game is "you can have all the damage you want, but I want a victory I contributed towards", so I'd say Conqueror not OP

3. Oh yes PT… That's exactly how my friend free XP'd a Minotaur expecting it to wreck everyone, and end up selling it:fish_palm:

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

381 posts
9,957 battles

Conqueror is indeed more survivable than others if you need to run or kite away but it is pretty shit when you need to push due to having 32mm plating all over the place.

If you have to push against 2 or more HE spamming cruisers your heal cooldown won't be able to keep up with the raw damage. In this case GK/Yamato are actually way more resistant because it can shatter a lot of HE shells with their 50mm+ plating.

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,023 battles

French Fried ship have HE shell with IFHE but alpha dmg average still less than Soviet did as I played 

104 posts
9,018 battles

Nothing is ever foolproof.

True, Conqueror has more "outlets" it could rely on than other BBs, but mainly in randoms it's just an annoyance to deal with, nothing more.

"Mega Zao" is accurate when you consider that by the time a Zao has burned someone to death, other cruisers such as Des Moines or Moskva will already have contributed more to the team tactically. The Conqueror is no different in this regard.

159 posts
5,676 battles

You can still help your team a lot in Conqueror by drawing a lot of enemy fire. I find that if there are five or six ships shooting at me as I zig-zag all over the show it means that allied ships have more chance to manoeuvre properly, and once they've done that I can disengage and heal. People seem to forget that a BBs job isn't just to deal damage but also to soak it up. That being said it can be fragile, going 1 on 1 with another T10 BB and your only really choice is to burn them down. Also if you get caught too close to the front and take a few torps then its all over. Like any ship it has its own playstyle and tactics to be most effective, it is very possible to play Conqueror badly

Also I wouldn't really use PT as a good reference point, the games there tend to play out far differently than on this server.

Edited by blauflamme22

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
11 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

1. Have you ever considered what would happen to other BBs if they were in that position? With the exception of MN BBs, they would likely not feel endangered at all. Conqueror is stupidly fragile by means of hull armor and HP, it has the second weakest main belt of all T10 BBs*, worst weather deck and worst TDS, along with T9-ish HP pool.

* République (400mm/25deg) > Yamato (410mm/19deg) > Montana (406mm/15deg) > Conqueror (406mm/5deg) > GK (380mm/3deg) Trust me the inclination difference is glaring.

A simple calculation would prove that Conqueror is not vastly better than other T10 BBs (République being an exception) at surviving in noob overextend situation

A GK can take 105800*(1+0.005*28)=120,612 HP before sinking, a Yamato 110,808 HP, Montana 109,782, Conqueror 116,060. Based on HP pool and one heal, Conqueror may not be able to unleash the full potential of even the first one due to the "HP reserve drain" effect of penetrating hits. Also Conqueror tend to receive more damage from the same hits due to a weaker hull and not so good main belt. Yes it is harder to citadel, but currently no T10 BB is easy to citadel, even the Yamato (to reliably citadel a full broadside Yamato without any non-pen, another Yamato would be at no more than 12km, said one of the best Yamato players in SEA)

And République…

2. HE spam, yes it does farm damage. And without a doubt, fire is 10/10 annoying shyt. I would say a no-brainer if you want BB damage medal lvl 4. But does it win games? I still remember how GK maintained over 53% WR for the first year of it's existence, and Conqueror is already dipping below 51%, guess that's a no. What I take this game is "you can have all the damage you want, but I want a victory I contributed towards", so I'd say Conqueror not OP

3. Oh yes PT… That's exactly how my friend free XP'd a Minotaur expecting it to wreck everyone, and end up selling it:fish_palm:

weak belt doesn't matter, it barely ever takes citadels anyway

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
2 hours ago, FenrirApalis said:

weak belt doesn't matter, it barely ever takes citadels anyway

weak belt dosnt matter? look at the montana pre citadel buff, it could reliably bounce even yamato shells, thats what people did to keep her competitve at T10 before they made her idiot proof

160 posts
5,905 battles

I don't think fool proof is the correct word. Cloaking device, flamethrower, almost no citadel, these make Khaba looks Balans to me. 

Conq encourage worst kind of plays, sure if you wanna stats pat/farm dmg/farm witherer/arsonist then Conq is one of the better choice, that one of reason you have those "almost/full HP conq" late game.

Conq, if in a decent hands just discourages objective plays, ie. Punishing enemy BBs/CAs, they won't be pushing or getting close to the cap with those HE spam, ragardless of angling against Conq HE. Sitting broadside firing HE in the general direction with no consistence blabbing back. It even outspot most T10 CAs, so be prepared to get blabbed by surprise salvo.

Going against it just unfun, the skills doesn't matter that much both for Conq and those going upagainst it.

But sure, this ship is quite Balans, I guess

Edited by HeidimarieW
typos

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Conquer brings out the worst of BB players. While you depend a lot on perfect positioning, you don't need to bother about that in Conqueror. This introduces ineffective and braindead playstyle. But since WTR is what matters most, you gotta farm damage, right?

381 posts
9,957 battles
45 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Conquer brings out the worst of BB players. While you depend a lot on perfect positioning, you don't need to bother about that in Conqueror. This introduces ineffective and braindead playstyle. But since WTR is what matters most, you gotta farm damage, right?

And Conqueror might not even be the best ship for farming WTR/PR as its average damage is so inflated :P But the average player won't know that secret so they will keep playing that braindead ship :Smile_glasses:

1,386 posts
8,221 battles
55 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I'm still wondering, why does anyone care about a third party rating system that is known to be biased towards damage farming and breaks 2/3 of all times you access it? I only use it for separating solo games from division ones and check server average.

312 posts
10,043 battles

in terms of survivability, not good enough to be classified as noob-friendly,
because of 32mm plating, but still very good considering her fastest rudder shift among T10 BBs and superheal

in terms of damage capability, fking yes!
it makes all skillful angled battleship player like an idiot! almost every salvo causes fire(s)

many say farming damage cant guarantee victory, its true,
but noob cant carry the team anyway, noob arent decisive in bringing victory anyway,
they dont get any disadvantage when farming damage cant guarantee victory :cap_viking:

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
16 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I'm still wondering, why does anyone care about a third party rating system that is known to be biased towards damage farming and breaks 2/3 of all times you access it? I only use it for separating solo games from division ones and check server average.

use XVM

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Does that exist for WG official servers? AFAIK it only exists for CN server…

yes, go check the SEA group

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
21 minutes ago, Minifirefly said:

in terms of survivability, not good enough to be classified as noob-friendly,

Well, it doesnt matter if the player never gets shot at... :cap_cool:

1,386 posts
8,221 battles
30 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well, it doesnt matter if the player never gets shot at... :cap_cool:

Unfortunately that's not gonna happen, it's fragile and annoying so everyone wants a bite of it.

[TWR]
20 posts
7,612 battles

I would definitely say that the Conqueror in not a Noob friendly ship, and from my limited experience -the same can be said for most of the ships currently available. You need to invest time in your ship to fully understand her strengths and weaknesses and of-course regardless of the ship you're in, match results are primarily governed by not only your contribution but the chemistry/mechanics of your team and RNG.

My primary focus on researching the Con was the good experience/game-play I had in the King George and I wanted my first T10 to be British as I spent so much time grinding that line. My first few games I noticed a somewhat negative sentiment towards the Con, not only from my own team but also the opposing side. Most matches pretty much my whole team would sail away or made sure they where no where near me. Once I got spotted, every enemy ship within striking range, would focus all their attention to me. After doing some research and watching a number of videos, it became clear that the Con was just one of those ships that a number of people considered OP, Lazy, Nooby and The Fire Starter.

Yes the Con is a powerful BB and has high fire chance, but you still need to know how to play her. She's definitely not OP and or immune to proper attack and strategy - she will sink just as fast as any other ship especially under the wrong command. I don't play her like I've seen many others do (sail on the edges and spam HE whenever the opportunity is there). I pick a spot of strategic importance and camp/sail in and around the vicinity to support the team and take advantage of unsuspecting prey. I'm usually in the medium range to start and will get nice and personal when the need is there...