Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hey_Potato

New Mini Map Ship Icon Size

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

Tested on PTS and now its live. The bloody ship icons on the mini is so small I couldn't even see the bloody ships and description.

Its kind of pretty misleading on the proximity of ships as compared to the previous version. In PTS, i was actually caught with my pants down when the enemy ship suddenly was 6km away from me as i was so used to the older bigger ships icon which tells me the ships is around 10km.

Is there anyway to make the ship icons bigger in the mini map?

 

Just for laugh before they took away operation Narai. Look at that sunk Missouri bot doing wheelie on the water surface: shot-18_02.28_15_36.46-0113.thumb.jpg.a0edd004112b5417fdef2807ac1ca3ae.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

What? Smaller? They are larger than they used to be. Too big IMO.

*coughs* back to the point,

I notice the Icon does not get bigger when you zoom the mini map anymore, it give me slightly better view of enemy position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,737 battles
43 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

*coughs* back to the point,

I notice the Icon does not get bigger when you zoom the mini map anymore, it give me slightly better view of enemy position 

Back to the point? You do see the topic right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

 

 

 

                             Old (bigger icons)                                                   New (smaller icons)

5a981f1415897_Minimapold.jpg.14a4531be96d6acf7b19998aa2b0eeac.jpg     5a981f16604ab_Minimapnew.jpg.d7559495e97b3f3ab7b58a97558e201c.jpg

4 hours ago, keskparane said:

What? Smaller? They are larger than they used to be. Too big IMO.

Larger than they used to be? I am an old man and yet I could see the big difference

Edited by Hey_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,737 battles
50 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

 

 

 

                             Old (bigger icons)                                                   New (smaller icons)

5a981f1415897_Minimapold.jpg.14a4531be96d6acf7b19998aa2b0eeac.jpg     5a981f16604ab_Minimapnew.jpg.d7559495e97b3f3ab7b58a97558e201c.jpg

Larger than they used to be? I am an old man and yet I could see the big difference

You image has no reference. If the map on the right is larger then the icons will look smaller. Have you tested against a reference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,737 battles
7 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

Old

New

Ok. I wonder what's causing the different display then?

What resolution you running?

I'm 3440 x 1440 full screen windowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

Am running  1350x720* on "windowed". Didnt change anything from the previous patch

shot-18_03.02_12_45.40-0385.thumb.jpg.9823dc0985c1524a12185e6185dfc7a6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
17 hours ago, keskparane said:

Back to the point? You do see the topic right?

i' talking to myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,737 battles
1 hour ago, Hey_Potato said:

Am running  1350x720* on "windowed". Didnt change anything from the previous patch

shot-18_03.02_12_45.40-0385.thumb.jpg.9823dc0985c1524a12185e6185dfc7a6.jpg

I see.

Looks like different resolutions get different scales. How on earth do WG expect to please their clients when their changes do opposite things depending on the users monitor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,737 battles

lmao. I just realized that even though they have done different things for different monitors we both feel they have made it worse :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_amazed::Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
295 posts
6,613 battles

i'm playing in laptop with 1366x768 resolution, my problem is both the map and the icon is too small that my eyes hurts, is there anyway to make the map bigger? i tried to click on the + icon but it does nothing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,069 posts
3,847 battles
3 minutes ago, Teostra said:

i'm playing in laptop with 1366x768 resolution, my problem is both the map and the icon is too small that my eyes hurts, is there anyway to make the map bigger? i tried to click on the + icon but it does nothing? 

You can also use the + and - keys to do it,give it a try and see if it works just in case there is another problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,069 posts
3,847 battles
5 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

1920x1200 icons look bigger for me now in 7.2

I'm on the same resolution,the icons seem about the same size of maybe slightly bigger.It must be a resolution related issue with the different sizes players are reporting?

 

Also the mini map goes way bigger size now for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×