You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

What happened to all the premium ships?

25 comments in this topic

212 posts
2,625 battles

If anyone else knows another thread that discusses this, please flag it so this can be moved there. This isn't the first WG Game I played (if you know me, I'm from WoT) but this is the first 3 months I played WoWS.

So apparently premiums like the Missouri, Saipan, Kaga, Prinz Eugen and all that suddenly disappeared from the store without any clue as to why. I tried looking through older WG's WOWS news but nothing came of my search. Has anyone got any answer as to why these happened? I know for sure they removed the Missouri from sale from one of the threads here, but the others were mysterious.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it has been announced that those ship is gonna be removed from the in-game purchase (Missouri) and the shop quite sometime ago

particularly Missouri, was removed at the most recent maintenance

Saipan is OP and everyone knows it, therefore removed from the shop

Kaga and Prinz are limited

Edited by Harpoon01

212 posts
2,625 battles

IIRC Scarnhorst also was once sold ingame. Why was it removed then? Not only that, but Mikasa is also gone. Too bad, I wanted one for my collection.

Perhaps you might be able to link me to the news telling such?

[LN]
141 posts
10,092 battles
3 minutes ago, TD1 said:

IIRC Scarnhorst also was once sold ingame. Why was it removed then? Not only that, but Mikasa is also gone. Too bad, I wanted one for my collection.

Perhaps you might be able to link me to the news telling such?

Mikasa is a event ship, so when the event come to end so the ship will not available anymore, obviously

And I don't even think that some one would pay for such ships like Mikasa

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles

As part of patch 7.1 WG decided to only offer a select number of premiums in game and then did it on all servers.

This was listed in the 0.7.0 patch notes

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-070-patchnotes/

212 posts
2,625 battles

So... only during special events I may get them. This sucks, really, I wanted to own the Guilo Cesare and the October Revolution. And the Dunkerque (though thankfully the last one is available in the prem shop). 

Any reason why they might do that though? Cutting off potential sources of revenue doesn't seem like a good decision to me (unless it's concerning the Graf Zeppelin which we know is bad).

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
4 minutes ago, TD1 said:

So... only during special events I may get them. This sucks, really, I wanted to own the Guilo Cesare and the October Revolution. And the Dunkerque (though thankfully the last one is available in the prem shop). 

Any reason why they might do that though? Cutting off potential sources of revenue doesn't seem like a good decision to me (unless it's concerning the Graf Zeppelin which we know is bad).

creating artifical scarcity and increaseing demand, basic buisness MO

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,469 battles

And you know there is magical tool called google that could have told you what you wanted ;)

https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C1GTPM_enAU783AU783&ei=_8uXWs3vMoPP0ATFwLi4Dw&q=world+of+warships+premium+ships+removed&oq=world+of+warships+premium+ships+removed&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.50294.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.gt2db8ALehU

Yes, I am being a smartarse ;)

Man of the ship syou mention, eh the Mikasa and revolution are event ships. And also I think WG like to rotate availability to create a false sense of urgency and boost sales.

My bet is notoriously OP ships like the Belfast and to a lesser extent the Saipan will come back as short time over priced specials - much like the E25 in WOT - when the executives in Minsk need some extra money for Vodka and , um 'other' things I am sure they just crack open the treasue chest of OP premiums they can sell at a premium.

I bet some time this year we see the Belfast back for sale for $99 USD , or in some $199 bundlke with premium time etc

1,329 posts
8,812 battles
9 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

creating artifical scarcity and increaseing demand, basic buisness MO

This.

It entices players to buy ships now rather than later because they don't know when those ships might return again.

Whereas if a ship is always on sale, I can basically put off the decision to purchase it indefinitely, especially if I am not completely sold on the product.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
11 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

This.

It entices players to buy ships now rather than later because they don't know when those ships might return again.

Whereas if a ship is always on sale, I can basically put off the decision to purchase it indefinitely, especially if I am not completely sold on the product.

Business strategy. 

TD1, different tactic played by different seller. Just like different tactic of tank destroyer player by u, maybe wont apply to other players. Some prefer to camp and ambush some prefer always on the move.

Gosh, looks like with the server down I have time to waste in forum.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles

TBH the only ship left that I want is the Julio.   I've got it on my NA account and its a lot of fun.  Ill just wait for either an SC or Santa crates.  I wont pay for it.

SC.......lol

tumblr_inline_msvq4fIuRI1qz4rgp.gif

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
49 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

TBH the only ship left that I want is the Julio.   I've got it on my NA account and its a lot of fun.  Ill just wait for either an SC or Santa crates.  I wont pay for it.

SC.......lol

Getting it from a SC........

tenor.gif?itemid=5009724

186 posts
1,709 battles

I have only one disappointment about a missed ship, and that is HMS Belfast. Had a choice between her and HMAS Perth and being Aussie, the Perth won. Soon after when I had the money, Damnnn.------ Belfast gone. Now Perth is back, and that's a good thing. But no Belfast. She sure would be useful in the current Hermes Op. ------- Pls WG, Are you listening.

Edit added:- Sorry Op. --- I understand your frustrations with this. Making Premium ships more difficult to get I disagree with.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles
28 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

-- I understand your frustrations with this. Making Premium ships more difficult to get I disagree with.

All consumers disagree with it as it inflates price though demand.

WG on the other hand doesn't give a rats patooty about consumers feelings.

186 posts
1,709 battles

Hi Ralph. Yeah it certainly seems that way. I must say atm I feel a bit frustrated not being able to access a ship, during an op that I actually want and would be quite useful.

Alex

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

If the ship I want isn't on sale, I spend my money on other games. When that ship is back on sale, I dont' rush out to buy it, I am an adult.. I do this thing called budgeting.

I'm not gonna eat noodles for 2 weeks until payday because a digital ship in a game is about to go off sale. 

>.<

991 posts
7,403 battles
16 hours ago, TD1 said:

Not only that, but Mikasa is also gone.

WG ran a “Mikasa marathon” some time last year. I have never seen Mikasa sold in the shop, but WG obviously can and do change what they sell, what they give away in Super Containers, crates, missions or events.

Mikasa is a quirky little ship. With a minimum 10 pt captain with Preventive Maintenance, High Alert, Vigilance / Basic Firing Training and Advanced Firing Training, just driving around and letting secondaries with about 4km range melt away enemy T2 and T3 ships can be quite funny. I’m using the Isoruko cat captain, which add to the hillariousness.

Also for collectors Mikasa would be attractive, because it would be one of the oldest ships in the game, considering it fought in the Japanese Russian war. It could be one of the oldest surviving battleships, it is now a museum ship in Japan.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles

Ive had it for a looooooooooong time and only ever took it onto randoms once or twice.   

As a viable ship its like my Katori, Tachibana and Smith.  Novel but useless.

481 posts
7,592 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

It could be one of the oldest surviving battleships, it is now a museum ship in Japan.

I believe it is the only surviving pre dreadnought BB. If i ever get to Japan guess where i will be going as a high priority?

BTW the Russian cruiser Aurora in game at T3, and the Mikasa are the only 2 surviving ships from the battle of Tsushima in May 1905. Japan more likely, no idea when if ever i go to Russia to see Aurora.

1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Ive had it for a looooooooooong time and only ever took it onto randoms once or twice.   

As a viable ship its like my Katori, Tachibana and Smith.  Novel but useless.

Yeah, glad i have it in port, but largely useless as a viable ship in game. Played a few co ops with it when i got it but that's it.

991 posts
7,403 battles
28 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

I believe it is the only surviving pre dreadnought BB. If i ever get to Japan guess where i will be going as a high priority?

I guess you go to a Sushi place?

991 posts
7,403 battles

Yeah, fair enough. Still, I take her into a Random, now and again.

Mikasa shreds T2 cruisers, and who plays T2 cruisers except noobs/seals?

But T3 cruisers and BB’s can be a problem. How long would have have to stay close enough to a Kawachi, South Caroline, Nassau or Bellerophon to knock them out with secondaries? It’s not likely to happen, considering they have 283-305mm guns and 22-30sec reload!

Also Mikasas main guns, if you try to help the secondaries, trying to hit anything outside secondaries range is total random. Actually quite funny to see where the Mikasa’s shell go, I guess that’s another thing contributing to hillariousness.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,469 battles
13 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Yeah, fair enough. Still, I take her into a Random, now and again.

Mikasa shreds T2 cruisers, and who plays T2 cruisers except noobs/seals?

But T3 cruisers and BB’s can be a problem. How long would have have to stay close enough to a Kawachi, South Caroline, Nassau or Bellerophon to knock them out with secondaries? It’s not likely to happen, considering they have 283-305mm guns and 22-30sec reload!

Also Mikasas main guns, if you try to help the secondaries, trying to hit anything outside secondaries range is total random. Actually quite funny to see where the Mikasa’s shell go, I guess that’s another thing contributing to hillariousness.

Ah, Mikasa main guns. The guns whose powder charges were weighed by a blind man who had 2 bottles of sake for breakfast.

481 posts
7,592 battles

It's hilarious in coop.  

WWWWW.  get beer.   Burn everything.  Sit down again. Win.

Well that was my strategy but i guess i need a new one now that the secret is out....:Smile-_tongue:

BTW didn't mean to copy your badge with the cat surfing on the torp. I got it in a daily container and thought it was hilarious and had to use it

1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I guess you go to a Sushi place?

Yeah either sushi or the place where they brew the Asahi or sapporo beer. All are great ideas. :cap_like: