Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

BANKRUPCY

64 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles
1 minute ago, MatterCore said:

Op Hermes in 2 weeks << how about that

Nope.

Narai takes four people approx 12minutes to finish, with a ton of EXP&credits

Hermes takes about 18minutes, is boring with dull visuals, IMO harder and seem to provide less economical benefits.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles
14 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Nope.

Narai takes four people approx 12minutes to finish, with a ton of EXP&credits

Hermes takes about 18minutes, is boring with dull visuals, IMO harder and seem to provide less economical benefits.

thats why they ll nerf it

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"make it more unique and riveting.more unique and riveting"

you mean painfully harder and much less worth it??

Edited by Harpoon01

492 posts
7,669 battles

1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

The 'Narai' scenario will become unavailable for an indefinite amount of time. We plan to make a series of improvements to make it more unique and riveting.

What! Please sir you jest? 

I just researched and bought the bloomin Yamato! $24 Million credits poorer after fitting her out. What am I going to do now for cash? :Smile-angry:

411 posts
6,164 battles

I think the decision was taken from a business perspective...these operations were becoming viable for grinding past t6-7 ships and also economically beneficial at the same time meaning we need to spend less "real money" to get the job done(i.e. farming free xp instead of spending money to buy gold in order to convert them). On the bright side though, there will be less potatoes in higher tiers because that "Easy Mode" in operation to get past certain ships "without actually learning them" will not be available anymore...Seriously, the amount of Potatoes in higher tiers has become unbearable. It is not hard to realize that a shit ton of people are getting into t8+ matches after going through T6-7 ships playing only in operations(I mean, T6-7 is where you LEARN, right? ) :Smile_sceptic:

405 posts
9,173 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I think the decision was taken from a business perspective...these operations were becoming viable for grinding past t6-7 ships and also economically beneficial at the same time meaning we need to spend less "real money" to get the job done(i.e. farming free xp instead of spending money to buy gold in order to convert them). On the bright side though, there will be less potatoes in higher tiers because that "Easy Mode" in operation to get past certain ships "without actually learning them" will not be available anymore...Seriously, the amount of Potatoes in higher tiers has become unbearable. It is not hard to realize that a shit ton of people are getting into t8+ matches after going through T6-7 ships playing only in operations(I mean, T6-7 is where you LEARN, right? ) :Smile_sceptic:

During the weekend I saw camoless Shimakazes or other T9s+ ignoring caps & fishing for battleships only, I always wonder how they got to TX when doing stuff like that.. so I guess this particular PVE mission is 1 of the reasons eh? =/

411 posts
6,164 battles
16 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

During the weekend I saw camoless Shimakazes or other T9s+ ignoring caps & fishing for battleships only, I always wonder how they got to TX when doing stuff like that.. so I guess this particular PVE mission is 1 of the reasons eh? =/

Imagine what will happen if T8-10 operations are introduced and provide reasonable xp gain...They'll surely be fun to play but will also encourage "Cheat-Grinding":Smile_sceptic:

IMO, operations should just be for hardcore PvE fans...for others, they should only be viable for that one time reward. I'm not saying that the economy should be overly nerfed, but the XP gain should be greatly reduced(by atleast 50%) to prevent people to exploit Easy Mode and Cheat-Grind or just farm insane amount of Free XP....I mean, why would I waste time on any other mode when I'm sure that I'll be getting at least 1k avg base xp per match? (Which turns into 5k+ with signals and camo and other modifiers depending on what u actually get)..However, credit gain can be profitable , I have no issue with people using this "boring" mode to grind credits...:Smile_great: 

Edited by _TAMAL_

405 posts
9,173 battles
3 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Imagine what will happen if T8-10 operations are introduced and provide reasonable xp gain...They'll surely be fun to play but will also encourage "Cheat-Grinding":Smile_sceptic:

IMO, operations should just be for hardcore PvE fans...for others, they should only be viable for that one time reward. I'm not saying that the economy should be overly nerfed, but the XP gain should be greatly reduced(by atleast 50%) to prevent people to exploit Easy Mode and Cheat-Grind or just farm insane amount of Free XP....I mean, why would I waste time on any other mode when I'm sure that I'll be getting at least 1k avg base xp per match? (Which turns into 5k+ with signals and camo and other modifiers)..However, credit gain can be profitable , I have no issue with people using this mode to grind credits...:Smile_great: 

Aye~ you know the saying...... "this is why we cannot have nice things." :cap_win:

411 posts
6,164 battles
1 minute ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Aye~ you know the saying...... "this is why we cannot have nice things." :cap_win:

As long as the "nice" things stay as less attractive options than the "standard" thing(i.e. PvP), the playerbase will stay intact and MM will be less imbalanced...that is what I was trying to say...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,855 posts
4,140 battles
10 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

The 'Narai' scenario will become unavailable for an indefinite amount of time. We plan to make a series of improvements to make it more unique and riveting.

Translation:

We created a mode that everyone enjoyed and gained benefits from so lets get rid of it.   We will make it more painful and give it back to you later.

556 posts
8,197 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Translation:

We created a mode that everyone enjoyed and gained benefits from so lets get rid of it.   We will make it more painful and give it back to you later.

Pretty much what CoD:WWII did with Prop Hunt

354 posts
9,048 battles
10 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I thought it was pretty unique and riveting as it was!

I guess it's our own fault for raving about how much we enjoyed it and how good it was for grinding fxp, etc - but it would be nice if WG were a bit more honest about why they felt the need to change it.

It's only had 2x1 week runs so far, so I don't think it could have resulted in too much flooding of high tiers with inexperienced players in ships they've ground using Narai.

[LONER]
60 posts
2,597 battles
7 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

IMO, operations should just be for hardcore PvE fans...for others, they should only be viable for that one time reward. I'm not saying that the economy should be overly nerfed, but the XP gain should be greatly reduced(by atleast 50%) to prevent people to exploit Easy Mode and Cheat-Grind or just farm insane amount of Free XP....I mean, why would I waste time on any other mode when I'm sure that I'll be getting at least 1k avg base xp per match? (Which turns into 5k+ with signals and camo and other modifiers depending on what u actually get)..However, credit gain can be profitable , I have no issue with people using this "boring" mode to grind credits...:Smile_great: 

I wish they’d add T8-10 operations! I’m only up to tier 8 at the moment, but I’d never need to play PvP again, unless I decide to grind a new line, and then I only need to PvP up to tier 5! Alas, I fear my dream will never come true.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,520 battles

Given how easy it was to farm free XP with the right camo/flags I'm not surprised at all they are likely to Nerf Narai. Just wish they:d be honest about it instead of this marketing wankspeak "unique and riveting" my arse. What does that even mean? They'll replace the ship models with rubber ducks maybe? Instead of firing shells, the ships will have giant rivet guns firing, well, rivets?

Whenever an organisation dips into the lexicon of drivel like that my BS detector goes into overdrive.

1,070 posts
3,847 battles
16 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

As long as the "nice" things stay as less attractive options than the "standard" thing(i.e. PvP), the playerbase will stay intact and MM will be less imbalanced...that is what I was trying to say...

The potato 'playerbase' in PvP makes it unattractive,which is why a lot of people have been playing Scenario's instead.

Played my first PvP on the weekend in months.Total campfest with my team out camping theirs at the last minute.I yolo'ed in at about 5 minutes once I realised no one was gonna do anything and went back to PvE!

4 hours ago, j0e90 said:

Given how easy it was to farm free XP with the right camo/flags I'm not surprised at all they are likely to Nerf Narai. Just wish they:d be honest about it instead of this marketing wankspeak "unique and riveting" my arse. What does that even mean? They'll replace the ship models with rubber ducks maybe? Instead of firing shells, the ships will have giant rivet guns firing, well, rivets?

Whenever an organisation dips into the lexicon of drivel like that my BS detector goes into overdrive.

+1!

1,070 posts
3,847 battles

Someone 'helpfully' translated the real Russian patch notes on the NA forums!:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/152238-in-memory-of-operation-narai-the-best-farming-operation/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-3628388

From the patch notes:

• The 'Narai' scenario will become unavailable for an indefinite amount of time. We plan to make a series of improvements to make it more unique and riveting.

Translated from Russian: "HUGE NERF TO FUNNEST OPERATION TAKES TIME COMMRADES - SEND NARAI TO GULAG!!"

So sad. Literally the best Operation there is. Constant combat and good rewards. Very Fun.(That says to WG, "people are enjoying the game - what can we do to make it suck??)

RIP Narai - you will be sorely missed. :fish_palm:

Edited by BanditSE1977

411 posts
6,164 battles
14 hours ago, luftkopf said:

I wish they’d add T8-10 operations! I’m only up to tier 8 at the moment, but I’d never need to play PvP again, unless I decide to grind a new line, and then I only need to PvP up to tier 5! Alas, I fear my dream will never come true.

I have no issue if a PvE main stays as PvE main...that is why I said, they should be rewarding enough for players who enjoy PvE but should not become an Easy "Alternate Grind Mode" for PvP mains...

5 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

The potato 'playerbase' in PvP makes it unattractive,which is why a lot of people have been playing Scenario's instead.

Played my first PvP on the weekend in months.Total campfest with my team out camping theirs at the last minute.I yolo'ed in at about 5 minutes once I realised no one was gonna do anything and went back to PvE!

It depends... I only play operation for the rewards(and that is the ONLY time I play them) except Narai, which I "Used" to complete hallf of Gadjah Mada grind and I only played it for rewards...other than that, it is just soooo booooring...:cap_fainting:Same thing again and again and again...It is just performing a set of actions in a perticular order, nothing else...I don't know why people enjoy PvE BUT as I said, I don't have problem with that as long as it doesn't influence the PvP playerbase...:Smile_great:

1,070 posts
3,847 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 2:41 AM, _TAMAL_ said:

It depends... I only play operation for the rewards(and that is the ONLY time I play them) except Narai, which I "Used" to complete hallf of Gadjah Mada grind and I only played it for rewards...other than that, it is just soooo booooring...:cap_fainting:Same thing again and again and again...It is just performing a set of actions in a perticular order, nothing else...I don't know why people enjoy PvE BUT as I said, I don't have problem with that as long as it doesn't influence the PvP playerbase...:Smile_great:

I wouldn't actually be surprised if PvE ( and Scenarios ) is affecting PvP.

When I went to mainly PvE in late 2016,most of the players in it were as bad as in randoms.And Scenarios would often have players who couldn't play to the objectives.

But from about mid last year I have noticed the overall skill level climbing in them.I reckon quite a few of the better players may have quit PvP because of poor gameplay and gone to club bots!

As for me,I usually only play single player games ( except for Halo PC PvP a while back) and don't care about epeen.I only came to Warships for the German ships.I am quite happy to club bots and have fun rather then play 'who can camp the best' in PvP.

324 posts
4,679 battles
58 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

When scenarios give a better return than PVP why would you play PVP.

It doesn't matter to WG what modes people play, except to give maximal financial return.

I knew Narai was done for when people started posting screenshots of 20k free exp games. The in-game economy has no "inflation" - the cost of goods is constant - so it's imperative WG constrain player income. Ultimately they want to restrict earnings-per-game to just above what people will tolerate.

Sign in to follow this