You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
winpaul1

what is wrong with matchmaking? (Bad players)

70 comments in this topic

[DOLCE]
26 posts
2,034 battles

<its a long post>

Recently i experienced consecutive lose due to the terrible destroyer players.

I do respect privacy. so I'll not pin-pointing out the certain RED-rated people

Yah of coarse some of y wanna play destroyers though you're suck at it. and others just blame war gaming for making destroyers having huge impact on Victories or loses.

Personally i don't want bad players to play DD which leads to not only him/her, BUT leading entire team to HELL.

Cruisers and Battleship with bad players doesn't matter. Cause they don't really play huge roles as the DD. 

Anyway, these are not the ones i wanted to say

its MATCHMAKING

I heard that matchmaking is based on player's skill and other contributing factors

but here's the example

our team has 2 Unicom battleships and 2 DD potatoes

enemy team has 2 rated excellent DD and 2 rated GOOD battleships

guess who will win?

its the enemy team. 

and the reason is quite simple.

Game was designed for CV => DD > BB > CA/CL =>DD

No matter you're Super Unicom or what its almost impossible to win DD with BB.

The team with Terrible DD players are getting unbelievable disadvantage compared to team with decent DD players.

These solutions can be the key

(EX)

we have 2 DDs

one of them is terrible player

one of them is good and decent player

(Balanced)

We DO need Good and balanced match making by the "Subcategories" TOO

others ships?

doesn't matter

DDs?

YES IT DOES MATTER. Cause they play vital role on winning the Game

hopefully war gaming solve these originated problem since i lov playing WOWS

thanks

Edited by winpaul1

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles
56 minutes ago, winpaul1 said:

. its MATCHMAKING

I heard that matchmaking is based on player's skill and other contributing factors

Skill is not taken into account for matchmaking.

/thread.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I also want to make some similar thread like this, but, in battle ... there's a lot of happening. Solely bad matchmaking ... it's kinda immature. Not immature of real age but time spent with this game.

1. As IJN DD with awesome concealment and longer torpedo range, in capture mission I'm forced to cap, cuz who else ? ... If I have no backup, when my position exposed ... IJN DD had no capacity as dueler. So if I'm die quickly, not because I'm bad ... it's teamwork bad or enemy are just better than the rest of us, or pure luck by enemy torps.

2. As any CA class. Start battle, moving forward, 1 minutes after battle start, get citadelled by enemy BB and destroyed in 1 shot. Do I play bad ? No ! ... In this game, you have to take a risk to obtain some position or else, you will be surrounded or losing points. In taking some maneuver, there always risk. Some shot just missed, low impact, high impact or 1 hit kill citadel style. Enemy better in shot or me just unlucky.

3. As any BB. You move to front ? Showered by Fire ... You're moving back ? bad shooting spread, less accurate shot ... You're alone ? Hunted by enemy DD or Torpedo Bomber ... But all position had advantage & disadvantage. Back as point number 2, taking risk.

The only thing I dislike in my matches are, when my teammate didn't stick to plan, or probably they didn't know the plan at all. Like all ships moving to 1 side ... after grabbing A or C point, we should move together to B and grab the other edges check point. But no, people just stay in captured point and in the end, lose game to point or getting surrounded all side. Enemy shot us one target at a time, we're dying 1 by 1 so fast, yet we shot enemy separately that has less destruction point.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
49 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

The only thing I dislike in my matches are, when my teammate didn't stick to plan,

and your whole teammate including anyone who might see your replay is like

25dlpe.jpg

273 posts
1,220 battles
3 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

Really? I didn't know that its almost impossible to win DD with BB....are you sure? If that's the case why not everyone just play DD and sell away all their useless lousy bb

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
3 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

Cruisers and Battleship with bad players doesn't matter. Cause they don't really play huge roles as the DD. 

Because those.. DD does what u seen :)

If you think BB camping and snipe only is good. Well..

If you think Cruiser dont support dd close range to cap is good. Well..

Result = Recently i experienced consecutive lose due to the terrible destroyer players.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Since when does the matchmaker ever have player skills/stats as a concern.
Excuse me are you misunderstood how matchmaking in this game goes ? or you just assume its the same as other games where player population is not a concern.

Is this another thread to add into the list of "Bad players rant" posts just like millions others in the past few week ?

Super Tester
2,725 posts
4 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

its MATCHMAKING

Player's skill level is not taken into account for Matchmaking period

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
13 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

its MATCHMAKING

it is the rumor spread by bad player who make such excuse to justify their losing streak

they think that it is not their fault for losing but the other bad player who ruin his game, and the MM keep giving these player to his team because it calculate his skills (lol)

Edited by Harpoon01

1,125 posts

these day at high tier, sea are infested with radar that can range up to 10 - 12km 

if 2 or more radar ship use their radar in sync, it completely impossible for DD to cap

DD can't not cap without CA close support (especially IJNDD that CAN'T gun fight)

CA has to hold their fire as long as possible and focus on ship that danger your DD most (e.g. other DD or radar ship) not a juicy target like BB at the back

BB is to hold their fire until enemy CA show itself

my motto in IJNDD : no support, no cap

report/blaming bad DD is fine but don't forget to report/blaming bad CA and BB that don't support DD in their cap duty too

if you report/blaming only Bad DD but not bad CA and BB..... you just all talk.

(me myself, never report/blaming anyone even AFKer)

Edited by PGM991

2,217 posts
13,680 battles
59 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

Could you  please?

We need all the help we can get in removing some elements from the player base.

435 posts
6,169 battles

OP, nothing, MM is stacking the games with bad players! MM is already skill based!

Its logarithms are design to make you spend money! WG will never admit it since it most likely fraudulent but in Russian they’re untouchable.

All the player’s who tell you it's not are either addicted to the game, paid in some form or can’t or won’t believe that they are being swindle, they’re honest folk. 

After a 1000/2000 games your subconscious knows somethings up, it recognises patterns, your conscious gets suspicious, and then players rant about MM. 

Like after a period of fine tuning your skills and you know you have but then you suddenly go into a mayor losing streak, something not right! Also, fixing usually accrues after you’ve have fully upgraded a ship, games just get harder, WTF! this is for coerce-spending on the next ship. Have you ever noticed when you buy a ship the first few games are always easy but then to grind the upgrades it gets harder! this is for coerce-spending on the next upgrade. WG/MM is astute too, in that last few games of a grind, it puts you into base phase, a feel good trip!

The latest thing I’ve noticed is that if you have a decent break from the game, on your return you go into a base phase. But thereafter, after data build-up of you, you go into coerced phase.

Like all things, you either believe or you don’t! :Smile_amazed:

Edited by BuckleUpBones

590 posts
2,995 battles
5 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

OP, nothing, MM is stacking the games with bad players! MM is already skill based!

Its logarithms are design to make you spend money! WG will never admit it since it most likely fraudulent but in Russian they’re untouchable.

All the player’s who tell you it's not are either addicted to the game, paid in some form or can’t or won’t believe that they are being swindle, they’re honest folk. 

After a 1000/2000 games your subconscious knows somethings up, it recognises patterns, your conscious gets suspicious, and then players rant about MM. 

Like after a period of fine tuning your skills and you know you have but then you suddenly go into a mayor losing streak, something not right! Also, fixing usually accrues after you’ve have fully upgraded a ship, games just get harder, WTF! this is for coerce-spending on the next ship. Have you ever noticed when you buy a ship the first few games are always easy but then to grind the upgrades it gets harder! this is for coerce-spending on the next upgrade. WG/MM is astute too, in that last few games of a grind, it puts you into base phase, a feel good trip!

The latest thing I’ve noticed is that if you have a decent break from the game, on your return you go into a base phase. But thereafter, after data build-up of you, you go into coerced phase.

Like all things, you either believe or you don’t! :Smile_amazed:

giphy.gif

Not - Matchmaker does not take skill in to account, never has! 

15 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

<its a long post>

I do respect privacy. so I'll not pin-pointing out the certain RED-rated people

Yah of coarse some of y wanna play destroyers though you're suck at it. and others just blame war gaming for making destroyers having huge impact on Victories or loses.

Personally i don't want bad players to play DD which leads to not only him/her, BUT leading entire team to HELL.

Anyway, these are not the ones i wanted to say

its MATCHMAKING

but here's the example

our team has 2 Unicom battleships and 2 DD potatoes

enemy team has 2 rated excellent DD and 2 rated GOOD battleships

guess who will win?

its the enemy team. 

and the reason is quite simple.

Game was designed for CV => DD > BB > CA/CL =>DD

The team with Terrible DD players are getting unbelievable disadvantage compared to team with decent DD players.

These solutions can be the key

(EX)

we have 2 DDs

one of them is terrible player

one of them is good and decent player

(Balanced)

We DO need Good and balanced match making by the "Subcategories" TOO

others ships?

doesn't matter

DDs?

YES IT DOES MATTER. Cause they play vital role on winning the Game

hopefully war gaming solve these originated problem since i lov playing WOWS

thanks

To the OP - 

In aslains Mod pack, you can download the Match Maker tool, which shows you the stats of every player in the game. Additionally it'll show you after watching it a bunch of times that it doesn't factor in anything other than Tier Level of the ship. 

I highly recommend downloading it, purely so you'll see that all matchmaker is doing taking 24 ships, that have the same tier level capability and limits and dumping them randomly in to teams (Unless you have a division) in which case it add's them in to a team and matches those ships with others. 

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
15 hours ago, winpaul1 said:

This is where I stopped reading.

Well, my advice to you would be to play DD's and do a better job, rather than write long posts.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles
39 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

This is where I stopped reading.

Well, my advice to you would be to play DD's and do a better job, rather than write long posts.

Strange point to stop at when it is a perfectly valid opening.

It seems obvious to me that there is a clear correlation between early dd loss and game outcome. 

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
5 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Strange point to stop at when it is a perfectly valid opening.

It seems obvious to me that there is a clear correlation between early dd loss and game outcome. 

You are free to find strange whatever you like.

If he would have described a situation and then asked a practical question, be assured, I would have tried to help.

But these days I save myself the whining and whining and blaming others.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles
15 hours ago, MissMeMiss said:

1. As IJN DD with awesome concealment and longer torpedo range, in capture mission I'm forced to cap, cuz who else ? ... If I have no backup, when my position exposed ... IJN DD had no capacity as dueler. So if I'm die quickly, not because I'm bad ... it's teamwork bad or enemy are just better than the rest of us, or pure luck by enemy torps.

2. As any CA class. Start battle, moving forward, 1 minutes after battle start, get citadelled by enemy BB and destroyed in 1 shot. Do I play bad ? No ! ... In this game, you have to take a risk to obtain some position or else, you will be surrounded or losing points. In taking some maneuver, there always risk. Some shot just missed, low impact, high impact or 1 hit kill citadel style. Enemy better in shot or me just unlucky.

3. As any BB. You move to front ? Showered by Fire ... You're moving back ? bad shooting spread, less accurate shot ... You're alone ? Hunted by enemy DD or Torpedo Bomber ... But all position had advantage & disadvantage. Back as point number 2, taking risk.

These points are just a list of the challenges that each class has when playing the game.  Everyone else gets the same challenge, how well you can overcome the difficulties of playing your class is a pretty direct measure of how likely you are to be successful.  There is no point complaining about it, just work out how to minimise the impact of these issues.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

You are free to find strange whatever you like.

If he would have described a situation and then asked a practical question, be assured, I would have tried to help.

But these days I save myself the whining and whining and blaming others.

Lol. Contradict yourself much? If that is the case then don't say you stopped reading at the first line.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Didn't read the whole post, but totally agree with OP. From all my recent games, I never seen such a huge amount of pathetic DD players in last two years. Where are these RUSH-B bots coming from now. At least reversing Yamatos can do something for the team. These DD players should not even play the game. And I don't mean its just my team, its from both sides. If you are a DD player, and you die in 3 minutes every game, just keep your hands away from DDs.

273 posts
1,220 battles
11 hours ago, PGM991 said:

report/blaming bad DD is fine but don't forget to report/blaming bad CA and BB that don't support DD in their cap duty too

if you report/blaming only Bad DD but not bad CA and BB..... you just all talk.

I will report whoever deserves to be reported irregardless DD, CA or BB. If a bloody yamato for the entire game sitting back & sniping at >20km with full hp while the team lose will 101% report from me. Worst is a radar DesMeme for the entire game playing like a Moksva in open waters and shooting at 17km targets while getting himself farmed will 500% gets a report from me if he ends up ranking bottom 3 after the battle.

Sometimes the bad MM is due to batches of newer players migrating up the level chain. That's why sometimes you will see a trend that no matter what you do the game is impossible to win because you are totally out numbered and being surrounded by all sides. The odds are like 2:1 or 3:1 because your entire team got rofl stomped. Within 10 mins your team is left with only 3 ships including yourself while the enemy team has 9 or sometimes 12 ships left