You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KmonX

Minekaze is too OP and I love it.

20 comments in this topic

[SUMGA]
22 posts
4,019 battles

I basically started this game out after looking how beautiful Yamato is. well I did get a Musashi already and made a rant in my first post :P now im getting really used to it. So one way or the other I played WoWs for 2 years now. back then I didnt have anything noteworthy but still remember how OP Minekaze was at tier 5. And how bad Mutsuki was at tier 6. which is now downgraded to being both tier 5 and Minekaze getting nerfed. But seriously its still OP as hell dang. And I mean its good! I use it to release stress and just literally rekt all the straight full speed ahead no manueaver battleships. Minekaze has 5.4 spotting range with full camo and skills + 41Knts of speed with speed flag. Its crazy! torpedoes reload in 40 sec and you can literally spam them geez. Minekaze is the most fun IJN DD I've played so far. (I have until Kagero unlocked and Hatsuharu on the second tree.) Ive never played Akizuki but I'm planning to get it sometime soon. Minekaze is exactly what you would expect in a japanese DD. Bad guns slow turret traverse, fast speed, super good concealment. And lastly which is the most important a Torpedo spamming scrub like I am :D just fantastic ship love it. Its basically a Kamikaze on the main tree. If you havent you should try this hell of a fun ship. its just pure amazing.

273 posts
1,220 battles
6 minutes ago, KmonX said:

Ive never played Akizuki

Did you see the picture of my avatar?  You can basically farm Juliet Charlie flags in Akizuki :fish_viking::cap_haloween:

273 posts
1,220 battles
15 minutes ago, Storm_Raiser said:

Kamikaze R is the very definition of OP ... I love mine.

Every now and then you can use kamikaze R for seal clubbing at t5 to release some frustrations.

P.S. put your 19 pts shima captain on it....super OP

Edited by Hey_Potato

1,105 posts

uhuk-uhuk......

ahem..... Gadjah Mada need buff.... its basically a DD without torpedo. 

hell crap, T5 IJN DD is seriously OP when get matched with T4. but cannt do much in T7 match. you guys must be ultra lucky to get T4 matches most of the time. or i am just badluck most of time.....

1,011 posts
7,430 battles

Minekaze is too OP and I love it

Hmmm, Minekaze OP?

Maybe your playstyle and Minekaze are a very good match, so in your hands, she looks OP, I don’t think she is.

Her strengths are in speed, manoeuvrability and concealment. And of course, fast torpedo reload.

Besides that, she has low health, weak armour, fragile modules and as you point out, bad guns. Torpedoes go 57 knots, not super-fast. Minekaze will do her damage with her torpedos, so she needs a fast reload.

In a way, you could call Minekaze a one-trick pony, with her fast re-loading torpedos. She needs a good stealth firing window because when spotted, it is quickly shredded.

I don’t have the Kamikaze/R, but I have learnt to respect her. When there is a Kamikaze, she will make her impact on the battle, even if not top tier. In my experience, that’s something you cannot say of most battles where a Minekaze is part of the line-up.

Anyway, happy to see there is one player who truly loves and appreciates the Minekaze.

415 posts
10,918 battles
8 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

Every now and then you can use kamikaze R for seal clubbing at t5 to release some frustrations.

P.S. put your 19 pts shima captain on it....super OP

That's exactly what I do.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
46 minutes ago, Storm_Raiser said:

That's exactly what I do.

be like me, i have a full torpbote 19pt, torp accelation YOLO19 pt build and a gunbote build19pt build

totally not sealklubbing

415 posts
10,918 battles
4 hours ago, drakon233 said:

be like me, i have a full torpbote 19pt, torp accelation YOLO19 pt build and a gunbote build19pt build

totally not sealklubbing

yeah I just need 1 more point on my second IJN DD captain and I will have both builds too. ... currently training him on both Kamikaze and Shinonome

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Pff, you sealclubbers ruin this game...

Spoiler

con Name Tier Type Nation Battles ▼ WR Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH WTR

Minekaze 5 DD  Japan 539 55.10% 31,152 893 1.8 1.0 0.1 44% 40% 8% 1,126
Kamikaze R 5 DD  Japan 493 57.00% 32,816 1,029 1.8 1.1 0.0 36% 42% 9% 964

Spoiler

post-8794-1403702267    :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by AntifoulAwl

[DOLCE]
26 posts
2,034 battles

You might get fainted if y experienced the open-beta Minekaze

10km Stealth-Fast Torp

OP

and By the Way, its unlike Kamikaze cause Kamikaze still has un-nerfed Torp 

[SUMGA]
22 posts
4,019 battles

ayy i did use minekaze back before it was nerfed though that time i was still a completeeee newbie so didnt appreciate anything and dont even remember lol

Kamikaze is OP but it never came back. :(

83 posts
3,463 battles

And the kamikaze R was obtainable during the clash of the seas event thingy a while back I believe.
you had to earn a bunch of coins but it was doable