You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Dear WG, T10 French BB need buff and revamped

36 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

i actually fine with 2x4 gun and some weird gimmick about it..... but there is really a thing that bother me the most.....

T10 French BB : "France"!

why "France"? isnt there is another name that fit perfectly into T10 BB? i even think Baguetta or Escargot is better name. Charlemagne, Paris, or Joan the Arc or something else name please.....

i did see France have 8km base secondary, but later IT CHANGE into 7km! ouggh.... they must decide to change it? today my secondary Bismarck cannt killl Pensacola from 8km with only 1K HP. if i hit with main gun it will sunk AND NO CQC medal.... sadly until 1 min chase NO HIT at all! its almost run so i kill it with maingun.... no CQC medal!!! hueeeee

the another sheety secondary is a unintended stupid burn.... i am just let the secondary phew-phew the 1/4HP Amagi, shooting the other ship..... WTF burn KILLED IT INSTEAD OF SECONDARY! OAH MAI GAAD no CQC medal tooo -_-

imagine if T10 Escargot got 8km base secondary, with spood beest on..... its going to be awesome hybrid sheep! as compensation, its AP only with buffed pen rate.

and its base speed should be 33 knot as fast as Iowa. the Escargot only have 2 turret, it mean the ship should be lighter than any other T10 BB right? its so weak compared to other T10BB.... other ship have 12 big gun, Montana, GroBer Kurfurst, Conqueror... and Yamato with biggest accurate gun at least have 9 gun! 8 gun? and its AX configuration -_-

its speed is also snail 30 knot? is that sheep Escargot??? even Gascogne have 32 knot speed with ridiculous rudder shift!

Conclusion :

1. France name should be change into something else

2. return its base secondary range into 8km

3. 32~33 knot speed for maximum ocean drift

4. add turtleback armor or lower citadel so it can be full broadside without citadel worry (optional)

5. access to rudder shift modification 2.... so its rudder can decreased by another -40% (optional) concealment upgrade is too boring.... who take acquisition upgrade this day?

[DIY]
65 posts
5,369 battles

Firstly, The name will be changed to "Republique" at some points and there is an announcement on Reddit and it could be something like Napoleon or Charlemagne but $$$ you know?

Secondly, PTR is not what it will end up the WHOLE French BB line will be modified over time until WG find "its balance" ("its balance" in this case is "WG balance" *wink wink).

Thirdly and Lastly, I heard she will get higher RoF so you should spam shells until enemies are dead which trade with higher dispersion and  8 guns. Well, there is Engine Boost for them so why not?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i remembered about french BB that look a reverse version of the standard design of battleships (Lyon):Smile_amazed:

i also remember about French BB that look the same if you look at the far from the stern or from the bow to confuse enemy of the ship heading, is this it? (the tier 10):Smile_teethhappy:

i guess it just french navy thing :Smile_bajan2:

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
13 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

TX French BB needs buff? Wait, is she already released? Or did sharkbait get an early copy :P

He could have sneaking around on a ST account :) ;p

411 posts
6,145 battles
3 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

5. access to rudder shift modification 2.... so its rudder can decreased by another -40% (optional) concealment upgrade is too boring.... who take acquisition upgrade this day?

I wonder why WG doesn't allow all mods for all ship classes...I mean, Potatoes taking Torpedo Reload Mod in Battleships is pretty much necessary for the game, am I not right? :Smile_trollface: 

405 posts
9,133 battles

At TX just 8 rifles & if the front turret breaks you technically become useless, so what is the value or point of a battleship if you cannot deal damage constantly?

To me the highest point in the French BB line is Alsace (12 pea shooters), stop there to let WG know they just wasted their time & resources on a boring TX that nobody wanted... just vote with your wallets. :cap_popcorn:

1,386 posts
8,216 battles
12 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

i actually fine with 2x4 gun and some weird gimmick about it..... but there is really a thing that bother me the most.....

T10 French BB : "France"!

why "France"? isnt there is another name that fit perfectly into T10 BB? i even think Baguetta or Escargot is better name. Charlemagne, Paris, or Joan the Arc or something else name please.....

i did see France have 8km base secondary, but later IT CHANGE into 7km! ouggh.... they must decide to change it? today my secondary Bismarck cannt killl Pensacola from 8km with only 1K HP. if i hit with main gun it will sunk AND NO CQC medal.... sadly until 1 min chase NO HIT at all! its almost run so i kill it with maingun.... no CQC medal!!! hueeeee

the another sheety secondary is a unintended stupid burn.... i am just let the secondary phew-phew the 1/4HP Amagi, shooting the other ship..... WTF burn KILLED IT INSTEAD OF SECONDARY! OAH MAI GAAD no CQC medal tooo -_-

imagine if T10 Escargot got 8km base secondary, with spood beest on..... its going to be awesome hybrid sheep! as compensation, its AP only with buffed pen rate.

and its base speed should be 33 knot as fast as Iowa. the Escargot only have 2 turret, it mean the ship should be lighter than any other T10 BB right? its so weak compared to other T10BB.... other ship have 12 big gun, Montana, GroBer Kurfurst, Conqueror... and Yamato with biggest accurate gun at least have 9 gun! 8 gun? and its AX configuration -_-

its speed is also snail 30 knot? is that sheep Escargot??? even Gascogne have 32 knot speed with ridiculous rudder shift!

Conclusion :

1. France name should be change into something else

2. return its base secondary range into 8km

3. 32~33 knot speed for maximum ocean drift

4. add turtleback armor or lower citadel so it can be full broadside without citadel worry (optional)

1. It has already changed, now it's called "some certain west Europe nation"

I'm only joking, the new name is République

2. I personally would recommend buffing the secondary accuracy instead, if you still believe secondary was a thing in 2018 for whatever reason IDK. Unlike KM BB, MN ones cannot survive for long at close range, buffing the secondary performance would allow captain points be spent on survivability

3. Agreed. One of uocat's (CC at EU cluster) major complaint about France is how "heavy" and unwieldy it was compared to Alsace, and from watching his streaming, it seem that France doesn't display vastly superior maneuverability compared to other T10 BBs

4. If people knew how to properly manipulate the in-port camera they would have realized that République/France does have a slope deck layout. It also have the toughest main belt among T10 BBs with a massive inclination of 24-25degs

5. Interesting idea

I personally would suggest these buffs instead

1. Base speed to 31.5knots and better acceleration traits

2. Buff weather deck to 33mm, this would bounce 460mm and shatter 152mm IFHE. This would still make her the least survivable T10 BBs, but at least not a total Izumo

3. Buff the base RoF to 20 seconds, making her "shells per minute" on par with Montanoids, but with better guns making her a better ship at dealing damage

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

>Buff citadel and make it underwater

We already have enough ships like that and it promotes braindead play without skill. This suggestion just plainly shows your skill level.

and more guns? What do you want, 6 guns per turret? Conquerer was fine with 4x2 but people asked for 4x3 and what do we have now, it's completely stupid. Again, all your suggestions match exactly what low skilled players would want

411 posts
6,145 battles
11 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

You called me? How can I assist you?

By not being a Potato ! :Smile-_tongue:

411 posts
6,145 battles
10 hours ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

At TX just 8 rifles & if the front turret breaks you technically become useless, so what is the value or point of a battleship if you cannot deal damage constantly?

To me the highest point in the French BB line is Alsace (12 pea shooters), stop there to let WG know they just wasted their time & resources on a boring TX that nobody wanted... just vote with your wallets. :cap_popcorn:

I think most people wanted a 16 gun super Alsace with 380 mm guns. It should've been perfect in many ways. I'm just too sad we are not getting a 16 gun BB at t10, instead this graf spee thingie...

405 posts
9,133 battles
1 minute ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I think most people wanted a 16 gun super Alsace with 380 mm guns. It should've been perfect in many ways. I'm just too sad we are not getting a 16 gun BB at t10, instead this graf spee thingie...

Yeap~ normally it makes sense but WG has another special thought process, if they moved all turrets to the front like Dunkerque/Richelieu then we have something to work with but that 1/2 power division from front to back is just plain annoying.

This is why I kinda gave up on the French BB line & wanna move onto the USN CA/CL split. How to deal with the TX ugly mutant WG created? We burn it with Worcester's holy fire!

411 posts
6,145 battles
3 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Yeap~ normally it makes sense but WG has another special thought process, if they moved all turrets to the front like Dunkerque/Richelieu then we have something to work with but that 1/2 power division from front to back is just plain annoying.

This is why I kinda gave up on the French BB line & wanna move onto the USN CA/CL split. How to deal with the TX ugly mutant WG created? We burn it with Worcester's holy fire!

Worst part is that T10s are valuable assets in Clan Battles and if a line doesn't have a T10 that doesn't particularly stand out, then there will be minimal interest in advancing that line as better alternatives are already around...

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

Just make the Lyon T10 and make her calibre bigger, HP pool bigger.

That's all I need. Lyon is already such a fun ship. Sure she is squishy and her AP is not the best vs BB's... but omg she totally counters cruisers. Anyone foolish enough to sail full broadside gets deleted.

405 posts
9,133 battles

Worst part is that T10s are valuable assets in Clan Battles and if a line doesn't have a T10 that doesn't particularly stand out, then there will be minimal interest in advancing that line as better alternatives are already around...

Dude~ WG took CVs out of the CW's equation, leaving out a few badly designed or mediocre TXs is nothing to them at this point... few minutes of silence for those passionate players who spent tons of premium time, rare signals & gold camos to grind out TX CVs for CW alone. :cap_cool:

411 posts
6,145 battles
3 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Dude~ WG took CVs out of the CW's equation, leaving out a few badly designed or mediocre TXs is nothing to them at this point... few minutes of silence for those passionate players who spent tons of premium time, rare signals & gold camos to grind out TX CVs for CW alone. :cap_cool:

CVs are different issue.... 

It is badly designed indeed but may work out in the long run who knows, every ship has strengths; I wonder what strength this ship will have...

405 posts
9,133 battles
2 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

CVs are different issue.... 

It is badly designed indeed but may work out in the long run who knows, every ship has strengths; I wonder what strength this ship will have...

What else can WG do besides tweaking the shell velocity, rate of fire & turret rotation speed? The ship itself is not exactly tanky & the secondaries don't have the German's penetration heh.

411 posts
6,145 battles
1 minute ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

What else can WG do besides tweaking the shell velocity, rate of fire & turret rotation speed? The ship itself is not exactly tanky & the secondaries don't have the German's penetration heh.

Agreed...they can only perform minor tweaks to make it "acceptable" to a wider range of audience. However, a lot of CCs have found the ship quite fun to play. But being fun to play and being capable are totally different things.

405 posts
9,133 battles

Agreed...they can only perform minor tweaks to make it "acceptable" to a wider range of audience. However, a lot of CCs have found the ship quite fun to play. But being fun to play and being capable are totally different things.

CCs are only here to create positive contents/image for WG & grow their own channel, "fun" ships are just an excuse for them to create a new meme or something... I'm more concerned with what majority of STs' thoughts on it.