Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Washing away the weekend salt

9 comments in this topic

315 posts
4,634 battles

Nothing like a heavy WoWS session on Sunday to make me lose enthusiasm for the game. I'm honestly thinking of restricting my time to a couple of weekday evenings and be done with it.

Episode 1.

4 CV match, our Kaga managed to (repeatedly) strafe his teammate's planes, and it all blew up in chat when he turned pink as a result. Then he ragequit <5 minutes into the match.

Episode 2.

In my Scharnhorst I was called a coward and worse in chat for not joining my fellow N. Mex on his charge right into a Tirpitz, a KGV, and a couple of T6-7 cruisers. After blowing a fuse and shooting me (for cowardice?) he turned pink and ran off to sulk in our base until right the end of the match, when, down to 2 vs 3 and just ahead on points with 2 min to go, he threw the match by charging into the enemy base and dying.

Episode 3.

This is more funny than bad, but I want to share anyway just 'cause it's so bizarre.

At the endgame on Trident/Epicenter me in a Kongo sailed into the center to take on a Furutaka and Aoba. We had won already, this was just cleanup. New York followed me. The Furutaka was going to yolo me around the island, but he wasn't in line-of-sight yet so I shot the Aoba and someone finished him thereafter. Next up, Furutaka ... showed up a little faster than I hoped so I he was bow on when I had reloaded. One volley took him down to 1k health, but he was going to get torp angles on me before I could  reload again, and my secondaries were not going to save me in time. So, you know, .... any time New York ... just pop him. He's got 300 health now... clock is ticking...

Furutaka crosses my bow and torps me point blank with his starboard launcher and I go down. I look over at New York ... he's 2 km away from me and his turrets are all pointed 180 deg opposite direction to the Furu or Aoba before, in the direction of open ocean with no ship there since 5 minutes ago. Furu slides down the side of the New York opposite to where the guns are facing, natch, and for the next couple of minutes I am treated to the spectacle of a New York trying to bring his guns to bear on the Furutaka as the Furu runs round his tail, up the other side, and dev strikes him with with port launcher, by this point on 50 health. Only then does our friendly Kongo put a shot in from 12km away to put him down.

Furutaka yolos near full health Kongo and full health New York,  kills both, survives. As I noted in chat "luckiest Furutaka ever".

315 posts
4,634 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

images (17).jpg

I'm allowed just this once. Everyone should be allowed one golden ticket.

I suffered through many of these threads over the last months. Believe it or not my experiences until now have been at odds with what I read. Yeah, the WR was down, yeah ... the whole game meta seemed a little off and hard to read, but I never got the real deal until yesterday. I think my mistake was logging on Sunday afternoon/early evening.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I'm allowed just this once. Everyone should be allowed one golden ticket.

I suffered through many of these threads over the last months. Believe it or not my experiences until now have been at odds with what I read. Yeah, the WR was down, yeah ... the whole game meta seemed a little off and hard to read, but I never got the real deal until yesterday. I think my mistake was logging on Sunday afternoon/early evening.

tenor.gif?itemid=3529969

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

nah

everyone just want to tell you that, not everything is about you,

everyone will be dealing these kind of bad or trollish player at some point of their life

but for them it is not worth to be FORMALLY told to the public or to be REPEATEDLY listened to by the public

everyone is suffering in this world, you dont need to start talking "IT SEEMS I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT GET THIS HAPPENED TO ME"

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Get your good wows friends and farm / hard carry the weekend potatoes. My yesterday's games (apart from lucky fletcher games): Ez carry statpadding :D

Today.thumb.JPG.00c7deca6b0ff1a0f286ea8f51013dc1.JPG

315 posts
4,634 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Get your good wows friends and farm / hard carry the weekend potatoes. My yesterday's games (apart from lucky fletcher games): Ez carry statpadding :D

Division play? Yep, I agree that's probably the only way to do it. Smash-and-grab for those weekend daily win 200% bonuses.

In fact the good games last weekend were mostly when I found myself on a team with a division or at least clan tags I recognized. If I stuck fairly close to them and played off whatever strategy they were going for things usually worked out for us.

Sign in to follow this