Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Sighted my 1st Roma today

10 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

I was cashing in the 200% daily bonus for my GK in coop today and was surprised to see a Roma in the lineup (didn't know they were even available yet) with the only other human player onboard. That's one funny looking structure on top of the conning tower. Don't know how good they are - he came last on our team, beaten by ALL the bots, which barely seems possible :Smile_great:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
5 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

I was cashing in the 200% daily bonus for my GK in coop today and was surprised to see a Roma in the lineup (didn't know they were even available yet) with the only other human player onboard. That's one funny looking structure on top of the conning tower. Don't know how good they are - he came last on our team, beaten by ALL the bots, which barely seems possible :Smile_great:

roma's been out for a few weeks already...

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

That funny looking tower is the result of rubbish artistic design of the premium camo.

Obviously there are players out there that don't captaining something that bloody ridiculous for some extra XP/Cr gain.

I prefer my Roma with the correct superstructure.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
17 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

That funny looking tower is the result of rubbish artistic design of the premium camo.

Obviously there are players out there that don't captaining something that bloody ridiculous for some extra XP/Cr gain.

I prefer my Roma with the correct superstructure.

actually, that roma W/camo makes almost 80% of what a missouri can make, and it's not locked behind a FXP wall to stop nooblords to get it, so ppl do get sth that ridiculous looking for equally ridiculous credit gain

354 posts
9,048 battles
6 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

actually, that roma W/camo makes almost 80% of what a missouri can make, and it's not locked behind a FXP wall to stop nooblords to get it, so ppl do get sth that ridiculous looking for equally ridiculous credit gain

nooblord (:cap_haloween:) - that sounds like my guy - I can imagine a dd, or even a ca, with a human player getting dev'd at the start of a coop battle - but how does a t8 bb manage to come last (he wasn't killed early either and there were 6 bots on our team) ?

Edited by Moldavia

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Been out for a month... its okay. Inconsistent dispersion and AP is nice vs BB's for penning at weird angles, but vs cruisers it's over-pen central >.<

1,386 posts
8,230 battles
5 hours ago, Moldavia said:

nooblord (:cap_haloween:) - that sounds like my guy - I can imagine a dd, or even a ca, with a human player getting dev'd at the start of a coop battle - but how does a t8 bb manage to come last (he wasn't killed early either and there were 6 bots on our team) ?

Played a few games on my Roma, with less than satisfactory results. I would 10/10 go for a Monarch. The guns are inconsistent, straddle, overpen… it is punching, but it's a fifteen incher, and it's arcs are too flat. Just think about Dunkerque guns. In scenarios like coop, a constant reliable damage output always outperform opportunities.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles
19 hours ago, drakon233 said:

so ppl do get sth that ridiculous looking for equally ridiculous credit gain

... That's exactly what I was saying.

19 hours ago, admiral_tee said:

Obviously there are players out there that don't mind captaining something that bloody ridiculous for some extra XP/Cr gain.

But thanks :)

316 posts
4,653 battles
14 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Played a few games on my Roma, with less than satisfactory results. I would 10/10 go for a Monarch. The guns are inconsistent, straddle, overpen… it is punching, but it's a fifteen incher, and it's arcs are too flat. Just think about Dunkerque guns. In scenarios like coop, a constant reliable damage output always outperform opportunities.

From the point of view of someone playing against it though, the armor on that ship is stupid strong. 

Sign in to follow this