You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AlethaKaji

I really don't understand Karma, maybe it's just for people to vent?

71 comments in this topic

7 posts

Hi there - Please excuse my english, it's not my first language. 

I've only posted a couple of times as I tend to forget that the forums even exist, and I know i've only played a handful of battles, but the karma system kinda has me confused. 

I only have 1 karma point, someone thought I played well, yay! - I guess that's okay, I didn't think I played well for someone to think i did. But I can't really see anywhere where it makes a difference.

There are no rewards for good karma, i can't see anyone with negative karma and I can't see or read anywhere where Wargaming or the Mod's actually look at it. So why have it? 

Only reason I can think of this, to allow people to vent or maybe in cases say thank you. Which also means that people can abuse it by saying someone did well or didn't do well...

But it still doesn't provide an answer, can anyone help explain or maybe I don't have the right knowledge on Karma?

Thank you

319 posts
6,896 battles

The Karma system doesn't really offer anything more than just a method to either show your appreciation or dismay to another player. Seeing that Karma does nothing, in my opinion it isn't something that can be considered - Abusive, or can be abused.  You will find that you can be down voted based on the ship you play (Belfast or Conqueror), or the fact that you killed someone and they didn't appreciate it.

I personally compliment players that break 2000XP on the winning side, and vote down players that were AFK.

There have been many threads about Karma, it's something that WG wants to keep and that's cool with me. Last time i bothered with looking at my own rating it had dropped from 11 to 0 and fluctuated between 0 and 3 lol.

Edited by Kamanah

7 posts
43 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

The Karma system doesn't really offer anything more than just a method to either show your appreciation or dismay to another player. Seeing that Karma does nothing, in my opinion it isn't something that can be considered - Abusive, or can be abused.  You will find that you can be down voted based on the ship you play (Belfast or Conqueror), or the fact that you killed someone and they didn't appreciate it.

I personally compliment players that break 2000XP on the winning side, and vote down players that were AFK.

There have been many threads about Karma, it's something that WG wants to keep and that's cool with me. Last time i bothered with looking at my own rating it had dropped from 11 to 0 and fluctuated between 0 and 3 lol.

Yes - that is what I thought, but why implement it and why do people use it when they know it's worthless? thank you for reply

16 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yes - I saw this - but it didn't answer the question - everyone has idea's and I see people say 'I've reported you as bad player' but why? it does nothing that anyone understands

thank you for reply

7 posts
6 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Short answer.  It does nothing.

Long answer.  It foes nothing but make you happy if you press the button.

Thank you and I understand, I think that it is pointless and will treat it like that

2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

sitting at 776 karma and waiting for conscription 

Conscription is bad, but it is a big number for karma. maybe people just click approval because you don't kill them? 

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Have you been getting a karma point for every time you explode?

weeeellllll...........

im not sure actually, i dont know why i have so much karna either, i dont do that well in game compared to others in my clan, and i do tend to play a bit aggreaive. i think it's due to the fact that i  know a lot of ppl and when i greet them they just give me karma?

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
19 minutes ago, AlethaKaji said:

Conscription is bad, but it is a big number for karma. maybe people just click approval because you don't kill them? 

i've said it before in other threads and i'll say it again, karma does nothing to indicate the skill level of a player in the game, it's more of a indicator of how well known you are by the playerbase looksatCCs and how well liked by your team/enemy's on a match to match basis, both of which is pretty useless if you ask me

590 posts
2,995 battles
15 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

weeeellllll...........

im not sure actually, i dont know why i have so much karna either, i dont do that well in game compared to others in my clan, and i do tend to play a bit aggreaive. i think it's due to the fact that i  know a lot of ppl and when i greet them they just give me karma?

*laughs* 

In no particular order, i would guess the following. 

1. Your clan
2. Your Reputation
3. Your Face (Just kidding on this one, thou who can't pass up an anime girl)
4. The Games you play in that you do well?

1 hour ago, AlethaKaji said:

Hi there - Please excuse my english, it's not my first language. 

I've only posted a couple of times as I tend to forget that the forums even exist, and I know i've only played a handful of battles, but the karma system kinda has me confused. 

I only have 1 karma point, someone thought I played well, yay! - I guess that's okay, I didn't think I played well for someone to think i did. But I can't really see anywhere where it makes a difference.

There are no rewards for good karma, i can't see anyone with negative karma and I can't see or read anywhere where Wargaming or the Mod's actually look at it. So why have it? 

Only reason I can think of this, to allow people to vent or maybe in cases say thank you. Which also means that people can abuse it by saying someone did well or didn't do well...

But it still doesn't provide an answer, can anyone help explain or maybe I don't have the right knowledge on Karma?

Thank you

In all seriousness to the OP, Karma is self policed and people do use it to express there annoyance.

I've personally noticed a few reasons why people use it: 

• Supertesters tend to get down voted due to the new ship and or them trying to work out how the ship is best used
  • Players getting down voted for trying to help others, simply some players don't take kindly to suggestions on how to play
  • Players venting at other players

But like others have said, yes, players do get up voted if they do play well or contribute in a meaningful way. Or simply have some form of reputation here on the server (Take Yuro for example) 

Congrats on your first real posting thread and welcome to the forums, i hope people here will welcome you to the community

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles
32 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

*laughs* 

In no particular order, i would guess the following. 

1. Your clan
2. Your Reputation
3. Your Face (Just kidding on this one, thou who can't pass up an anime girl)
4. The Games you play in that you do well?

Number 0 should be a CV lol

i always remember when I got 7 reports from Ryujo without reason but still win anyway

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
1 minute ago, Onlinegamer said:

Number 0 should be a CV lol

i always remember when I got 7 reports from Ryujo without reason but still win anyway

best way to lose karma, spam RNBB

i was trying to get my BB avrage damage up to 108000 yesterday and just kept spamming conq matches, and over the span of 7 battles, i lost 8 karma(and gained 6 for some reason) 

590 posts
2,995 battles

best way to lose karma, spam RNBB

i was trying to get my BB avrage damage up to 108000 yesterday and just kept spamming conq matches, and over the span of 7 battles, i lost 8 karma(and gained 6 for some reason) 

Image result for Fire Meme

Because if it's worth killing, it's worth killing with fire and RN BB's :P

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
18 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Image result for Fire Meme

Because if it's worth killing, it's worth killing with fire and RN BB's :P

but i use AP as main shell :cap_like:

590 posts
2,995 battles

but i use AP as main shell :cap_like:

Mixture of both for me - It all depends on my range and state of mind. *laughs* sometimes I just spam HE for the fun of it...

The pleasure and frustration of lighting another ship on fire only moments after he's repaired *evil laugh* it sucks getting it in return

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
24 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Mixture of both for me - It all depends on my range and state of mind. *laughs* sometimes I just spam HE for the fun of it...

The pleasure and frustration of lighting another ship on fire only moments after he's repaired *evil laugh* it sucks getting it in return

oh no, the best part of playing a conq is deleting a CA as he turns thinking "it's just a HE spammer, what's he going to do? AP me? ha........"

boom

and dont tell anyone this, conq 420 has the 3rd best AP pen after it's own 457 guns and yamato 460 guns, and your short fuse dosnt overmatch CA/CLs

590 posts
2,995 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

oh no, the best part of playing a conq is deleting a CA as he turns thinking "it's just a HE spammer, what's he going to do? AP me? ha........"

boom

and dont tell anyone this, conq 420 has the 3rd best AP pen after it's own 457 guns and yamato 460 guns, and your short fuse dosnt overmatch CA/CLs

Shhhh it's no secret :P I love deleting CA's when they are doing that

319 posts
6,896 battles
9 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I recall that you get chat banned if players reported you"Misbehavior in chat" too much 

Even faster if there is a Moderator in game and he/she sees your misbehaving in chat :Smile_smile:

590 posts
2,995 battles
14 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I recall that you get chat banned if players reported you"Misbehavior in chat" too much 

I don't believe this is the case, the system would be open to abuse

590 posts
2,995 battles
3 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

Even faster if there is a Moderator in game and he/she sees your misbehaving in chat :Smile_smile:

*laughs*
 giphy.gif