You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

correct way to play shimakaze?

14 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

one of the most lucky shimakaze match out there

ignore cap, go around the flank spot for team and torp everyone to death

I'm not plan to directly mimic this style but I like to point out that contest the cap is not what IJNDD torpedo line are good at

DO what she good at, DON'T what she bad at.

Untitled.thumb.png.4fe2bd24d6a32d002692510795dd7ff9.png

if you searching a vid about shimakaze epic match

more than half are either lucky or torp first, cap later

another clip that I like to point it out

Spoiler

I like his point, is not that player are 'intend' to be selfish, but the ship was design to play that way

if you skilled enough to overcome ship design, that's great.

but not everyone can do that (me include)

to me personally, gunboat these day are as stealth or even stealthier than torpedo boat, and there's a radar that can range up to 10 - 12 km 

capping is no longer a suicide job for DD anymore. DD CA BB have to push up together

Edited by PGM991

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

how to cap as a DD 101

smoke up a radar minotaur/DM/missouri before you hit the edge of the cap, then laugh as they raep the DDs contesting the cap

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

that tactic wont work if someone have RDF to detect, even worse if there is a CV with a spare squadron or two

455 posts
8,038 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Remember today's akatsuki?

that was a special kind of ijunk

Also, just noticed OP used a video by zoup to support his argument :cap_haloween:

1,126 posts

well, if more than half of good replay out there is came form luck or ignore objective.

I'll start considered how this ship was design to play...

I not gonna abandon objective match entirely, but if my team behind not support while I'm try to cap, I'll switch into selfish mode.

and one more thing.

if you like to report DD that don't play objective, I urge you to report everyone who don't support DD in their cap.

they probably outnumbered bad DD by 10 to 1.

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

IMO there are time and scope for both cap contesting and damage farming, but not even trying to do your main job is a sign of bad play. May be this one is from North American server. Their definition of good gameplay is racking up damage.

273 posts
1,220 battles

I would only do that in a shima if your team lineup has 1 extra dd gunboat advantage or enemy team has 3 radar ships+all dd gunboats while your team has none. It would be a suicide in a shima if enemy team line up has radar ships+dd gun boats like z52/z46 or fletcher. It still voice down to team composition.

Usually you play safe in a shima and not over aggressive in contesting cap...just stay around the cap zone border. If need be come back later into the cap zone once the enemy thinks they have secured the cap and they are in "safe mode zone" mentality. Thats because at the start of the game majority will have the aggressive "kill any DD" mentality. If you are able to survive the 1st 10 mins of the game half the battle is already won.

P.S. I do keep 1 salvo of torp to spare for stack flooding and self protection in case of enemy dd suddenly rushing to spot you

Edited by Hey_Potato