Mechfori

How to deal with unsportsmanship in team play

91 comments in this topic

59 posts
7,189 battles

Is it me or what, I am noticing increasingly there are players in team playing highly unsportsmanlike. Say asking for elp and when one of us respond by coming to help, they run without helping to form retreat or a stand despite having plenty of life still. Or BB who keep asking DD to go fort and cap but will not go up front to support Even worse. seeing man playing wit intent to let teammate  take all the damage and deal some, killing themselves and then come out from hiding to take poke shoot at the enemy now down on life, not contributing ... and similar .. so many occasions I had to really question if I should go out and help the tea at all when asked. More than often I am up front and trying to do te job when just left hanging dry when they just run, despite having almost no damage taken.

I wonder if the game had any mechanism for us to penalize such un-sportsmanship  

[MEGA]
4,569 posts
17,570 battles
20 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Is it me or what, I am noticing increasingly there are players in team playing highly unsportsmanlike. Say asking for elp and when one of us respond by coming to help, they run without helping to form retreat or a stand despite having plenty of life still. Or BB who keep asking DD to go fort and cap but will not go up front to support Even worse. seeing man playing wit intent to let teammate  take all the damage and deal some, killing themselves and then come out from hiding to take poke shoot at the enemy now down on life, not contributing ... and similar .. so many occasions I had to really question if I should go out and help the tea at all when asked. More than often I am up front and trying to do te job when just left hanging dry when they just run, despite having almost no damage taken.

if we penalized the playerbase for being shit, we wouldnt have a playerbase left

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I thought having 4,375 battles already give you the understanding of this game and the many types of players.

273 posts
1,220 battles

"Team Play" in random battles = That does not compute. Change your mentality and adapt to SEA server for random battles. Every man for himself....don't have the "team play" mindset mentality like I did. Do not expect anything from team mates. I finally gave up that mindset but was too late. Damage already done to my WR down to 46%. 

Change your "team play" mindset and you will do well in no time. Remember to lemming train with team and don't go YOLO all the time. Why should you be the one taking all the punishments?

When in dd with no support, just abandon flank. When in CA with no BB support...just abandon flank and kite away. :cap_haloween: Trust me....you will see all your stats going up in no time :Smile_coin: 

Disclaimer clause : Depends on what tier and ships you are playingDon't do that all the time. Map awareness

Spoiler

This happens every day in SEA server. Flambass post was only 1 particular day. Are you playing like one of those fellas which he was commenting on?

P.S. Not to do any stats bashing but I think you should look at how you play different class of ship. Play each ship according to her strength

Example : Charging into cap zone when using a Budyonny and get an instant super sonic jet back to port. Then you blame your team for not supporting you as you are pushing into cap zone to support dd. I call this "team play" stupidity at its finest

Edited by Hey_Potato

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

suggesting player to kill themselves pr get penalty  for being suck in teamplay?

sounds toxic to me

Edited by Harpoon01

980 posts
12,617 battles

As flamu said, the less you expect from your team, the less disappointed you will be. 

Dont trust your team to do things for you. Play destroyers, do everything for yourself. 

1,498 posts

Welcome to the Asian server, where the dirty word "team" is rarely spoken. 

The main phrases here are "get back!", &  "I need more intelligence data" 

Team play?   Hahahahaha

If you want some team play, join a clan (HMAS if you want to, or other fine clans).... at least it will help with sanity.... 

Ordrazz

1,105 posts

where is the unspormantsheep  behavior???

i went pink everytime and no one complain..... of course WITHOUT TORPEDO! [Noob SECONDARY hitting friendly or ram everyday] 

i flooded the chat with useless talk to prevent enemy communication and distract their concentration..... talking about radio jammer here....

i provoking enemy to shoot at me..... EZ farm dreadnought

i lie that my martel dont have radar..... 

and the most worst.... equip speed flag, use premium spood beest.... only for seeing it drift in the ocean and slip trough island..... without actually deal any damage....

conclusion : there is even more worst player out there.... dont judge someone is unsportsman because some silly matter.

this is quote from old geezer (not really old, i am still young hahahaa)

"if you sink because enemy torpedo bomber, that is my fault for not sending fighter.....

...... if you sink because main gun, that is your fault"

and this is famous quote of Lu Bu

"PLAY CV"

lubu-dw9-600x338.jpg

>> Lu Bu first expression when playing CV : "OMG its OP"

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles
6 hours ago, drakon233 said:

if we penalized the playerbase for being shit, we wouldnt have a playerbase left

Asiaserver meta - best meta.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
4 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

where is the unspormantsheep  behavior???

i went pink everytime and no one complain..... of course WITHOUT TORPEDO! [Noob SECONDARY hitting friendly or ram everyday] 

i flooded the chat with useless talk to prevent enemy communication and distract their concentration..... talking about radio jammer here....

i provoking enemy to shoot at me..... EZ farm dreadnought

i lie that my martel dont have radar..... 

and the most worst.... equip speed flag, use premium spood beest.... only for seeing it drift in the ocean and slip trough island..... without actually deal any damage....

conclusion : there is even more worst player out there.... dont judge someone is unsportsman because some silly matter.

this is quote from old geezer (not really old, i am still young hahahaa)

"if you sink because enemy torpedo bomber, that is my fault for not sending fighter.....

...... if you sink because main gun, that is your fault"

and this is famous quote of Lu Bu

"PLAY CV"

lubu-dw9-600x338.jpg

>> Lu Bu first expression when playing CV : "OMG its OP"

Everytime you post.....

tenor.gif?itemid=5762422

[MEGA]
4,569 posts
17,570 battles
5 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

well 

but we still proven to be more skillful individually than the other Server excluding RU

sadly true...

1,040 posts
7,503 battles
On 23/02/2018 at 1:59 AM, Mechfori said:

I think the short answer is NO.

Actual team work within a team is extremely rare.

I remember a battle where myself and another British cruiser started to coordinate actions via chat, that’s running smoke, running hydro and where we wanted to go. We moved up the left flank, kill several ships along the way and our team won.

I would struggle to find a second example for spontaneous team play. I do remember smoking for another cruiser that was pushed by the enemy team, and he would just drive through the smoke, out the other end, to be killed a short time later.

I remember many battles were most of the team hid behind islands, the enemy team took all caps. Also remember lots of team where I was attempting to cap, and there was no help whatsoever from “my team”.

Too many player are just selfish little content modified without a brain.

I find myself playing a lot of scenarios these days, because when I get frustrated with Random, I play scenarios.

There is the mechanism for reporting people for being “unhelpful” or “playing badly” – but I don’t believe those reports have any consequence.

I could only suggest you try to play as part of a division, or play clan battles. There is no “trick” that will change Random PVP battles, or removes the bad and annoying players from the game.

Content Modified, profanity, warning issued
~tc1259

411 posts
6,164 battles
5 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

but we still proven to be more skillful individually than the other Server excluding RU

Don't forget that our server won against EU in server clash... we are not bad teamplayers either:cap_cool:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles
30 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Don't forget that our server won against EU in server clash... Our top players  are not bad teamplayers either:cap_cool:

FTFY.  Don't try to compare randoms to unicums.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,520 battles
46 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Don't forget that our server won against EU in server clash... we are not bad teamplayers either:cap_cool:

That's like saying my brother can bench 135kg while I struggle to lift a beer to my lips.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles
13 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

That's like saying my brother can bench 135kg while I struggle to lift a beer to my lips.

There is no AU/NZ server.   Plenty of time to get that right

411 posts
6,164 battles
25 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

FTFY.  Don't try to compare randoms to unicums.

9 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

It was just a general statement...those Unicums do play Random, so they are part of random too:Smile_great:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles
1 minute ago, _TAMAL_ said:

It was just a general statement...those Unicums do play Random, so they are part of random too:Smile_great:

The 42% shitters and bots are also in that mix as well.  They don't play gu  at randoms

411 posts
6,164 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The 42% shitters and bots are also in that mix as well.  They don't play gu  at randoms

Was trying to say we have some good players as well....:Smile-_tongue: Shitters and Bots are common in all servers... but the amount of Individal Quality players is higher in our server, that is what I think

319 posts
6,896 battles

I'm now of a mindset that unless i'm in a division, i won't even bother with Randoms. Even then it's frustrating to see a CV player state he only has 1 Fighter Squad... to then be seen to fly his entire DB, TB and Fighter into the path of a Kaga Fighter Squad and 2 Cleveland's AA aura + Cleveland's Fighters. Then comment that AA is OP :Smile_facepalm: 

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

I always try and be best team mate ever!!!

Then I get frustrated, jaded and really only do it because it gives me the best chance of victory.

Then I go play other games so I'm not tilting.

273 posts
1,220 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

There is the mechanism for reporting people for being “unhelpful” or “playing badly” – but I don’t believe those reports have any consequence.

Nowadays I just report "Misbehaviour in chat" for those bad players since it does not even affect them as the are always in "Mute" mode anyway :cap_yes:. Not even bothered with other categories except the "AFK"

Edited by Hey_Potato

4 posts
3,061 battles

Credits are the problem!

Firstly its not bad players or bots IMO, its the majority of players on the server from Asia, (No i'm not racist, just stating the facts) they just want to cap, only if safe mind you. then sit in cap whether your losing or winning. they will watch u die without spending a round unless for the kill, smoke, radar or hydro to help a team mate in any way, they will push to the cap "sometimes" then all just stop in the already won cap and go no further.   If MM doesn't give the team a dd but does give one to the other side its already over.  

I don't think they want to spend credits. we all know xp is easy to get its always credits you need, even with premium account.

Why else would people ( when i say people i mean the rest of your team ) all gather in 1 cap that is already won,  leaving the 2 red ships & caps alone and not trying to play for a win. 

They would rather lose and not have to repair and refit their ship to SAVE credits. 

Or its a massive case of ...."i don't have any big boy pants" 

PS. Flambass handled things better than me the other day. he didn't turn pink and blow up on the spot.