Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hey_Potato

Calling All Hindenburg Captains

22 comments in this topic

273 posts
1,220 battles

shot-18_02.21_18_05.59-0026.thumb.jpg.0d821e4fe1a32960316a2e1c9bafdb64.jpg

What will be your last 6 points going to be?

1) AFT(4) + EL(1)+Catapult(1)

2) Vigilance(3) + Jack of All Trades(2) + EL(1)

3) Any other recommendations?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
15 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

shot-18_02.21_18_05.59-0026.thumb.jpg.0d821e4fe1a32960316a2e1c9bafdb64.jpg

What will be your last 6 points going to be?

1) AFT(4) + EL(1)+Catapult(1)

2) Vigilance(3) + Jack of All Trades(2) + EL(1)

3) Any other recommendations?

this is my CW build hindy

Screenshot_20180222-084134.thumb.png.18c37b4ae1e76718efa62fa744b9471e.png

this is a AA spec troll hindy (replace CE W MAA if you dont worry about BBs outspotting you)

Screenshot_20180222-084312.thumb.png.124ecd11e7f5532019d40cc435052dad.png

this is double rudder surival build hindy

Screenshot_20180222-084527.thumb.png.74011a67a339f9336f2ac51d8af96b50.png

Edited by drakon233

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
17 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Rpf. 

A must and able to fit into 19 point build. 

Expert loader, expert marksman, AR

Si, CE, RPF, DE. 

Clan war build. 

usually it's more the zaos and utility ships that take RPF, hindy needs to maximize its damage output and make sure it can win against any solo target it comes across and fights back, its not a must take for CW hindyhindyhindy

411 posts
6,164 battles

This is my build:

laaZyR9.jpg

Vigilance and Expert Loader are must have for Hindenberg. Vigilance boosts your already powerful hydro even more powerful, Makes torp detection 5km(For some reason the port UI isn't showing the change, it used to show the change in previous patches). Espert Loader is useful in every T10 CA as you'll be able to switch ammo quickly if someone suddenly turns broadside. Also, I use Expert Marksman in almost everything that is not a DD...

Beta Tester
908 posts
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

usually it's more the zaos and utility ships that take RPF, hindy needs to maximize its damage output and make sure it can win against any solo target it comes across and fights back, its not a must take for CW hindyhindyhindy

How do you maximise dmg output by removing rpf? 

Put it into manual secondaries? Lol

273 posts
1,220 battles
15 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

This is my build:

laaZyR9.jpg

Vigilance and Expert Loader are must have for Hindenberg. Vigilance boosts your already powerful hydro even more powerful, Makes torp detection 5km(For some reason the port UI isn't showing the change, it used to show the change in previous patches). Espert Loader is useful in every T10 CA as you'll be able to switch ammo quickly if someone suddenly turns broadside. Also, I use Expert Marksman in almost everything that is not a DD...

EM effect reduces turret speed from 22.5s to 20.69s = 1.81s improvement. Will it be more beneficial to swap for PM and catapult? 2 pt skills for an extra 2 more skills?

59 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Rpf. 

A must and able to fit into 19 point build. 

Expert loader, expert marksman, AR

Si, CE, RPF, DE. 

Clan war build. 

How about for random battles since I do not wish to respec this captain with PT skills & have not participated in any CB yet. If need be for CB I still have another unallocated 19 pt captain on my bb which I can swap.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
52 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

How do you maximise dmg output by removing rpf? 

Put it into manual secondaries? Lol

putting on more surival skills

455 posts
8,038 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

putting on more surival skills

Information can be used to boost survival :cap_viking:
e.g, a cruiser is stalking you and waiting to get a broadside ap volley. with rpf you know which side he's coming from (assuming you figure out its a cruiser and not a dd spotting you)

411 posts
6,164 battles
48 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

EM effect reduces turret speed from 22.5s to 20.69s = 1.81s improvement. Will it be more beneficial to swap for PM and catapult? 2 pt skills for an extra 2 more skills?

Depends, PM and Catapult both will be pretty useful. Personally, I want my turrets to turn as fast as possible( It's more of a physiological thing for me :3 ). If you think they will be fast enough for you, then PM + Catapult are great choices.

25 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

(assuming you figure out its a cruiser and not a dd spotting you)

German Cruiser AP is devastating on DDs, so no loss either way :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
908 posts
1 hour ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Information can be used to boost survival :cap_viking:
e.g, a cruiser is stalking you and waiting to get a broadside ap volley. with rpf you know which side he's coming from (assuming you figure out its a cruiser and not a dd spotting you)

Get constantly lit up by a Dd. 

At least know which direction he is at. 

Anyway I dont play the hinden with more survival. You need to be dodging shells in the first place.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Take dual catapult with spotter plane for maximum teamplay. :Smile_trollface:

Jokes aside? I recommend AFT. Hindenburg has extremely good AA, almost as potent as the Mino and DM.

The last 2 points you can take whatever you want. EM is good as it helps to keep the guns on target as you WASD.

I usually run fighter, so I like to take dual catapult planes - it functions like a poor man's Hydro. Then take PM to buff main gun survivalbility, that allows me to take Aux mod 1 and buff AA gun HP.

Of course this is for Random battle, for CW you can take RDF instead of AFT.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,276 battles

I will go for RPF + preventive maintenance + Expert loader.

you won't need double planes cause meta-wise u will rarely encounter CVs anyway.

Aaand it's not like double planes will increase spotter plane duration, so meh...

RPF provides extra intel for you and your team, and u can use it to decide when and where to use hydro. It's also a great way to confuse enemy DDs because u "normally" take RPF on DDs, not on a hindenburg :sosmart:

PM since you will be under a lot of fire regularly

Expert Loader for clutch moments (i.e. you spot a broadside target but u loaded HE, so u switch to AP in 4.4s giving u enough of an opportunity to blap him)

Edited by seiji09

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles
21 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Wtf. 

IFHE > RPF. 

IFHE on 203s is useless, even more so on KM as they have higher penetration HE rounds.

It's a huge waste of 4 points.

Best use is either RPF or Vigilance.

Either way I'd be picking up EM and if you are running Vigilance, EL.

273 posts
1,220 battles

Was watching this epic hindenburg with rpf video

Spoiler

On 2/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, seiji09 said:

I will go for RPF + preventive maintenance + Expert loader.

I got to assume that guy is running RPF + PM + EL too.

My next question is the trade off between AFT & RPF, with AA mod 2 is the hinddy's AA good enough to fend off t10 planes without running DFAA consumables?

as i know in moksva even using DFAA isnt good enough to fend off 4 squads of airplanes if the cv intends to sink you. eating 2 squads of AP db will take out 3/4 hp in a  blink of an eye.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,276 battles
1 hour ago, Hey_Potato said:

My next question is the trade off between AFT & RPF, with AA mod 2 is the hinddy's AA good enough to fend off t10 planes without running DFAA consumables?

Hindenburg can output 339 dps once planes are in mid-range; w AA mod 2 that's around 4.5 km away. Add the AA signal flag and it jumps to 373 dps.

An additional 72 dps base and 79 dps w signals for short range AA, so DBs will be facing 411/452 dps.

AND if you opt for BFT it jumps to 493/534 dps.

She has the 3rd highest base AA DPM amongst the tier X cruisers, so CVs normally avoid dropping Hindys except late game (e.g. cause they have no other choice kek).

Tier VIII and IX planes melt easily esp. if you manually target squads.

And given the rarity of high tier CVs in MM, you don't have to worry about them at all.

The only time I use DFAA is when I div with CVs, and it doesn't cost much to switch upgrades (e.g. 250k if u intend to sell the upgrade; very easy to earn back).

Short answer: Yes, Hindy is fine w AA mod 2 in most situations. Planes normally avoid you anyway~

1 hour ago, Hey_Potato said:

as i know in moksva even using DFAA isnt good enough to fend off 4 squads of airplanes if the cv intends to sink you. eating 2 squads of AP db will take out 3/4 hp in a  blink of an eye.

Moskva has relatively weak base AA, and given her poor concealment, large size and poor maneuverability, CVs will target you.

Edited by seiji09

Sign in to follow this