DinJoe

Cruiser line suggestions

13 comments in this topic

[BAR13]
10 posts
1,105 battles

I want to know what's the most easy to play and fun cruiser line in the game. I don't really care about the Tier 10 cruisers because I'm most probably not going to reach that far since I like playing BB's and gunboat DD's and will focus more on those lines.I guess Tiers 5-8 will be where I will be stuck at for a long time. So basically, I just want a ship to play when my BB gets destroyed very early in a battle and I have to wait 15 min for the next BB battle.

Thank you!

534 posts

How about IJN?Though Aoba isn't that prominent IMO ,Furutaka is the first T5 heavy cruiser which means you citadel peers easily even they're angled like Omaha

Mogami is awesome with IFHE,fine concealment,better torps 

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi

156 posts
4,055 battles

IJN is not exactly easy to play IMO. You gotta deal with the worst turret traverse among cruisers and shooting a full salvo requires you to go almost broadside. The range sucks. The guns dont keep up with your maneuvers which you have to do so often in cruisers. The torps are good theoretically but how often do you get to use them at T6+? And you cant yolo using torps too due to bad torp angels.

The Russians and the French are more point and shoot and keep kiting type and hence easier to play. But they tend to have very low impact on the actual game outcome due to there style of play. Again, this is my experience. 

If you are talking about overall impact to game outcome, then yes IJN, USN are better. 

604 posts
7,591 battles

russian line is by far the most fun for me,long range HE spammer and paper armor(i like people when they overpen me)

ijn is fun at furutaka,myoko,155mogami. Aoba is just a t6 furrytaco with worsen torpedo angle.

Mine Opinion

Super Tester
2,725 posts

US Cruiser line because of its reload time is for trigger-happy newbies. Once you got hang of the cruiser gameplay then you can take another line of either German or Japan. In another hand, the Soviet & UK cruisers need an above-average skill level of gameplay because they are quite fragile thus early death is quite bad for the team.

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

If you are a gunboat DD player, the cruiser line you are looking for is UK CL line. They are incredibly powerful, and very fun line in general for those who have mastered smoke camping techniques.

US line for hardcore players, vmf line for sitting back spamming HE all game.

If you are a weaboo, just stick to IJN line. Easy to fall asleep over.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Get yourself to the Fiji at T7 in the UK CL line. This is hands down one of the best ships in the game, the key thing is too understand your detection range, smoke firing detection range as well as map positioning to get the most advantage from your smoke. Once you have this Trifecta you can have incredible games in her.

36 posts
6,975 battles

I have reached tier 6 in German, French, British, American Cruisers

Each line has its pros and cons 

French Cruisers

have - fighter plane on board

it also gets AA Defensive Boost from tier 6 on-wards.

Their guns take a long time to turn around from one side to another, they also have high reload time, So you will need to have commander skills like - expert marksman and adrenaline rush.

The damage they do is poor - AP most of time non-penetrate and HE same. So you are basically support ship for team mates.

Duguay at tier 4 was my favorite.

Tier 6 LA Glass - less said the better.

They tend to explode pretty quickly - so if yolo into open sea - your battle time is going to be short. 

British Cruisers -

Most friable and most weak armor of all - explodes like fire cracker. (Emerald is worst ship)

AP shells only, no HE shells. So you are not going to be setting anyone on fire.

Target selection is also important - you don't want to be hitting anyone angling at you - your shells will simply bounce off. You look up on right hand side - 20 shells hit and dmg done 2500 - so be ready for that.

Big advantage is smoke screen. You can smoke up and start firing - but you need to master this art of using smoke screen for attacking purposes.

Torpedoes can be fired individually from all British cruisers.

The best is HMS Belfast Premium ship with HE, AP shells, smokes with hydro. I don't have it but seen videos of this inaction. You know it is special when your team mates spot enemy belfast and demand to sink it first.  

American Cruisers -

Great rate of fire, can produce the so called circle of death.

Cleveland at tier 6 is blow torch - starts fires pretty easily. (i got the aigle marathon part - "5 fires 10 k damage and win" using this ship)

No airplanes will dare fly over this one. - it obliterates them out of the sky. It has no torpedoes. 

Omaha at tier 5 is also pretty good at doing the same- setting fires

German Cruisers - 

Nothing that really sets them apart - i mean to play and take notice - i haven't, i have just started playing Nurnberg 

Torpedo tubes can launch 2 sets from same side - unlike french and american which fire 1 set from each side. 

Russian Cruisers

i am stuck at tier 3 - Bogatyr - quite similar to st louis tier 3 american - loads of guns and good reload time

i have got Tier 5 Premium Murmansk - its good ship, decent torpedo range (9 km), spotter aircraft - to hit those unsuspecting battleships and aircraft carriers from long range. Good to bully tier 4s, does not feel that great when up against higher tiers. That may be because i am a noob 

This is Noob Analysis based on personal experience. 

1,105 posts

info for other noobs:

T1~T5 French Cruiser is OP

T6~T7 French Cruiser SUX

T8~T10 French Cruiser is damage dealer

T1~T9 USN Cruiser is sux

T10 USN  Cruiser is OP

T1~T4 German Cruiser is decent

T5~T6 German Cruiser is OP

T7~T9 German Cruiser is SUX

T10 German Cruiser is battleship

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
On 2/24/2018 at 10:19 PM, INSDESTROYER said:

Their guns take a long time to turn around from one side to another, they also have high reload time, So you will need to have commander skills like - expert marksman and adrenaline rush.

The damage they do is poor - AP most of time non-penetrate and HE same. So you are basically support ship for team mates.

Slow turret traverse? really?

Emile Bertin and La Glass have 15s turret traverse; Algerie, Charles Martel, and Saint-Louis have 25.7s; while HIV has the longest traverse time w 32.7s.

And that is without Expert Marksman. That's fast, VERY fast.

As for reload time:

Emile Bertin 12s; La Glass 9s; Algerie 12s; Charles Martel 10s; Saint-louis 8.8s with MBM3; HIV 10.8s w MBM3

Reload time is also good. I don't see any problems with it.

French AP shells are heavy, w good penetration values and higher Alpha dmg than even IJN AP

French HE has good damage with high fire chance.

Tier 6 LA Glass - less said the better.

I am a unicum with La Glass. Hell, im a unicum in the entire French CA line except for Saint-Louis and HIV. Nuff said.

They tend to explode pretty quickly - so if yolo into open sea - your battle time is going to be short. 

I agree with the fragility, but French Cruisers are BEST in OPEN WATER because of their speed and mobility.

The line is generally consistent and well-balanced as a whole, but the only problem is that it has a high skill floor and therefore, not newbie-friendly.

I had an excellent time with these ships because I have had 1.5 years experience playing IJN cruisers, so i can say I have already mastered kiting and dodging before even starting with this line.

German Cruisers - 

Nothing that really sets them apart - i mean to play and take notice - i haven't, i have just started playing Nurnberg 

NURNBERG IS A MONSTER

I sold Nurnberg after getting Yorck because she is INCREDIBLY POWERFUL at her tier. It was too good for me to use, she's very scary XD

German Cruisers have some of the most reliable guns and armor for a cruiser in WoWs.

High AP damage, high HE penetration, good rate of fire, excellent cruiser armor.

Untitled.jpg

36 posts
6,975 battles
8 hours ago, seiji09 said:

Slow turret traverse? really?

Emile Bertin and La Glass have 15s turret traverse; Algerie, Charles Martel, and Saint-Louis have 25.7s; while HIV has the longest traverse time w 32.7s.

And that is without Expert Marksman. That's fast, VERY fast.

As for reload time:

Emile Bertin 12s; La Glass 9s; Algerie 12s; Charles Martel 10s; Saint-louis 8.8s with MBM3; HIV 10.8s w MBM3

Reload time is also good. I don't see any problems with it.

Can you compare turret traverse and reload time of all cruiser lines, tier wise please when you have time ?. i think its slower compared to other lines. 

i haven't checked the stats, but Omaha, Murmansk seems quicker than Emile at tier 5 (in terms of reload and turret traverse), 

Cleveland, Leander surely quicker than La Glass at tier 6 

or is it due to gun configuration ? (number of guns in single turret) 

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
17 hours ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Can you compare turret traverse and reload time of all cruiser lines, tier wise please when you have time ?. i think its slower compared to other lines. i

Im not gonna do all the lines, even I don't have the time for that.

The world of warships wiki exists for a reason :3

17 hours ago, INSDESTROYER said:

i haven't checked the stats, but Omaha, Murmansk seems quicker than Emile at tier 5 (in terms of reload and turret traverse), 

Cleveland, Leander surely quicker than La Glass at tier 6 

Omaha and/or Murmansk has a traverse of 22.5s-24s compared to Emile Bertin's 15s.

Cleveland has 20.7s-29s; Leander 25.7s compared to La Glass' 15s.

In other words, French CAs have some of the fastest turret traverse among the cruiser lines.

You are probably the only one I ever know who is complaining about french CA turret traverse being slow, to be honest.

Edited by seiji09