Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fridaynight_FEVER

I think this crates situation is seriously wrong.

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KOSPI]
In-Training Moderator
114 posts
450 battles

I hope that not many players have purchased French crates to complete the collection, and I hope that those who have bought aigle will be rewarded.

 

This is because crate and aigle deceive many players.

 

The WG said in this announcement that crates are required to complete the viva la france collection, and that it can be obtained in three ways.

 

1. Mission clear crates

2. Premium crates

3. Aigle crates

 

Many of these announcements will understand this. 'If you can not complete the collection with the Crates you obtained from Mission, you must buy premium crates or buy aigle!' It is.

 

Even the information on the internet spread, "Even if you clear all the missions, the probability of completing the collection is 25.4%." At this point, the players had a sense of paying the WG to complete the collection.

 

Do you know the rewards of the new French campaign on the 072 test server? It is crates.

It's paid very well for it.

 

It is fine to have purchased premium crates to get Richelieu.

If Aigle just wants to have it, it's fine.

 

But what happens to the player who pays to complete the collection without knowing this?

 

 

 

This is really wrong.

 

I've been taking part in the premium shop bundle and encouraging users to buy expensive bundles.

 

However, this crates situation can not be forgiven.

 

I do not want to do this bad thing anymore.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOSPI]
In-Training Moderator
114 posts
450 battles
1 분 전, Moldavia 님의 말:

PT rewards won't necessarily be the same on the live server.

I hope so. If the live server is rewarded with the same test server, it will cheat users who purchase from the premium shop to complete the collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
218 posts
11,488 battles
5 hours ago, Fridaynight_FEVER said:

I hope that not many players have purchased French crates to complete the collection, and I hope that those who have bought aigle will be rewarded.

 

This is because crate and aigle deceive many players.

 

The WG said in this announcement that crates are required to complete the viva la france collection, and that it can be obtained in three ways.

 

1. Mission clear crates

2. Premium crates

3. Aigle crates

 

Many of these announcements will understand this. 'If you can not complete the collection with the Crates you obtained from Mission, you must buy premium crates or buy aigle!' It is.

 

Even the information on the internet spread, "Even if you clear all the missions, the probability of completing the collection is 25.4%." At this point, the players had a sense of paying the WG to complete the collection.

 

Do you know the rewards of the new French campaign on the 072 test server? It is crates.

It's paid very well for it.

 

It is fine to have purchased premium crates to get Richelieu.

If Aigle just wants to have it, it's fine.

 

But what happens to the player who pays to complete the collection without knowing this?

 

 

 

This is really wrong.

 

I've been taking part in the premium shop bundle and encouraging users to buy expensive bundles.

 

However, this crates situation can not be forgiven.

 

I do not want to do this bad thing anymore.

 

 

Unfortunately loot boxes/creates are the game meta nowadays simply because there are competitive payers. Even japan's shops combine gambling shops with arcade. Kinda natural there already.

Edited by Lowyat
unintentional text breach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,969 battles

Just a head's up. Shortening Japan or Japanese to a three letter word is a racial slur and against forum rules so I'd recommend changing it. Some other words also get you red text like the R word for sexual assault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,490 battles
1 hour ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Just a head's up. Shortening Japan or Japanese to a three letter word is a racial slur and against forum rules so I'd recommend changing it. Some other words also get you red text like the R word for sexual assault.

Yup. IJN is the accepted shortcut for the Japanese Navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Like most other gaming companies, WG is trying to cash in on the lootbox strategy that is sweeping the gaming industry now.

Though to be frank I kinda expected this to happen eventually. My alarm bells were ringing back in Halloween last year when WG locked the unique permanent camos behind the Halloween crates which you had to buy if you wanted to get some of them. I managed to get 2 (Wakatake and Chapayev) camos from the 5 free crates obtained via the Halloween Scenario, so I consider myself lucky. I know there were plenty of players who didn't get anything.

Unfortunately there is little that can be done unless the WoWs playerbase has a collective protest and boycott of all future lootboxes. And going by how incredibly popular the Santa crates were, that is probably never going to happen. Why would WG stop doing something that is both popular and an incredible money maker?

 

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
405 posts
9,154 battles
8 hours ago, Fridaynight_FEVER said:

Even the information on the internet spread, "Even if you clear all the missions, the probability of completing the collection is 25.4%." At this point, the players had a sense of paying the WG to complete the collection.

 

3 hours ago, Storm_Raiser said:

I've opened all the containers available and am still 2 items short of completing the collection.

 

Well~ the sad fact that a F2P game that has a  "free" event through normal daily grind can never be completed is a worrying sign, might as well from the start let players know instead of wasting people's time & sanity with 25 torps mission which is just painful to CA/BB mains... at this point I just wanna give up on the whole French BB line to move onto the USN CA/CL split & sorry to the designers who invested tons of time on it because someone else had to make the event feel so bitter. *Alsace is a better choice for TX than France/République btw.*

 

All these nonsense started from the DoY event where WG is trying to suffocate everyone with super try hard grindy missions & pressuring players to buy the crappy ship to speed it up, not sure if @Sub_Octavian is ever reading the ASIA forum but someone in WG is really out of touch with the events' planning & pacing... it's like one bad thing after another. :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
646 posts
3,515 battles

I don't like Aigle. It sucks.

You know , DOY was better than Aigle's dumb marathon.

French Crates are still wrong to go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I don't like Aigle. It sucks.

You know , DOY was better than Aigle's dumb marathon.

French Crates are still wrong to go on.

Actually I am quite liking the Aigle though I agree it may not be for everybody.

In fact I would say it is a well-designed Premium. It has unique strengths and weaknesses and is neither straight up overpowered or underpowered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
646 posts
3,515 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Actually I am quite liking the Aigle though I agree it may not be for everybody.

In fact I would say it is a well-designed Premium. It has unique strengths and weaknesses and is neither straight up overpowered or underpowered.

 

You do know that is poor man's Gaede right ? I have the reason not to participate this near dumb-forsaken marathon just to git Aigle.

The Ugly :

7.56 KM ( Early Z Destroyer ) vs 7.74 KM ( Aigle Class ) ( Cannot launch her torpedoes undetected without the CE Skills. )

The Torpedo is terribly slow , short and you have to rely on near danger spotted level of torp favourable range, kind of like you need to Gnevyj : 57 Knots on speed , 7 KM range which means you have to be first thing you get spotted by any DD you sees. It has a respectable High End Damage of 18K but i don't think lately you get to see more non-dum bum Cruiser or BB is dum anymore.

You have a good 139mm gun but its nowhere as good as Early Z Destroyer Gaede. Aigle guns only to shoots fast like peashooter, I rather take Gaede as a Greater Gunboat DD.

You have a same speed as Gaede . ( that is fine. )

It has greater HP but being big HP ( even to a clever DD player ) doesn't mean you can last long to certain DD.

12 KM range don't mean anything to in terms of range unless you throw to BB or Cruiser but still it feels lacking . You looked at Gaede's poor range but it has terminal velocity .

I think my Ryujo, Independence or Kaga speaks for itself for lacking AA but this only happens to Farragut and others. ( The ship's light anti-aircraft armament leaves her weak to strikes from enemy aircraft carriers. ) ~ Cited from Wargaming Bote Wiki.

 

She doesn't have Special abilities like Hydro-accoustic , unlike Gaede, it only uses standard everyday DD skills , DC , Smoke and NOS .

             

My opinion still stands as Aigle is light breakfast for German Bote with Hydro . Unless that Aigle knows what he's doing.

 

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

<snip>

Err ok? I am not quite sure why you told me all that. Like I said, the Aigle has definite strengths and weaknesses. Not all Premiums have to be stupid strong or way better than their tech tree counterparts to be worth getting.

And I find it quite fun to play once you get around its awkward firing angles, floaty shells and turret traverse. It also has extremely good fire chance for a DD and an enhanced speed boost which means speed tanking is a thing.

But like I said, the Aigle is certainly not for everyone. It plays more like a speedy CL than a traditional DD, so if you don't think it is worth the marathon, then fine, don't go for it.

1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

have 11 duplicate and need 4 to complete

so anymore mission coming or this is it?

This should be it ... though there is speculation that a 2nd part of the French campaign is coming up in the near future which may also award the crates, but nothing official.

If you want to play it safe just wait until the last day and then purchase one crate, since you only need 1 dupe more to get 4 items.

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,221 posts
13,698 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

have 11 duplicate and need 4 to complete

so anymore mission coming or this is it?

Same same.

So I think to myself "should i buy the last crate?", and my answer is "why would I? So they can pay someone to deface a ship with a beer can? Nah".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[LYNMF]
Member
990 posts
11,579 battles
19 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Err ok? I am not quite sure why you told me all that. Like I said, the Aigle has definite strengths and weaknesses. Not all Premiums have to be stupid strong or way better than their tech tree counterparts to be worth getting.

And I find it quite fun to play once you get around its awkward firing angles, floaty shells and turret traverse. It also has extremely good fire chance for a DD and an enhanced speed boost which means speed tanking is a thing.

But like I said, the Aigle is certainly not for everyone. It plays more like a speedy CL than a traditional DD, so if you don't think it is worth the marathon, then fine, don't go for it.

This should be it ... though there is speculation that a 2nd part of the French campaign is coming up in the near future which may also award the crates, but nothing official.

If you want to play it safe just wait until the last day and then purchase one crate, since you only need 1 dupe more to get 4 items.

 

3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Same same.

So I think to myself "should i buy the last crate?", and my answer is "why would I? So they can pay someone to deface a ship with a beer can? Nah".

don't think i will fork out money for it, it cost RM12.87 and i can eat 2 days of lunch lol so i rather choose lunch over a digital box

just wait and see, if this the end what a big BS  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,459 battles
22 hours ago, Fridaynight_FEVER said:

I hope that not many players have purchased French crates to complete the collection, and I hope that those who have bought aigle will be rewarded.

Well, I bought Aigle and 20 crates. I could have completed the collection without buying crates, but stupid me forgot you can exchange doubles for missing items. I also was keen to get my hand on a French BB and I got one out of those 20 crates. Bretagne.

From the collection, the 10 pt captain Jean-Jaques Honore now sits in my Bretagne.

I find the French crates very much underwhelming and I can only advise people *not* to buy them.

I quite like Aigle, but more from a collectors point of view. It is not an outstanding ship, IMO, but I had a few good battles.

About T5 Bretagne, I would have been happy to work my way up the French BB tree, and sell her after I unlocked T6 Normandie.

In short, nothing I got out of French crates would justify buying them.

However, I think what you miss is that we are not entitled to “free rewards” or even good odds to obtaining these.

There may be the expectation that we can win all rewards of all events that WG puts out there, without spending $. However, always keep in mind that WG’s aim is ot make money.

If WG set up the odds so only a few players will get the reward for free, many will have to spend money, that’s up to them.

I just think that WG shoot themselves in the foot with the French crates. In the future, I will always until people share experiences about a new type crate, before I buy. This is mainly because of my experience with the French crates, which are not worth the money, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
105 posts
13,274 battles

Well..got only T5 Bretagne..btw its okay for a free premium ships...btw there is no such thing as a free lunch guys...shorted 4 collections but finished the mission...buy another 5x crates for USD 15$..should we...haha i dont....too many ships already in my port's....:cap_cool:

Edited by TheWhiteHorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
411 posts
6,164 battles

It seems like WG is trying to force players to buy crates. without buying, the possibility of completing the collection is low(Because they are random and often drop duplicates). This IMO is unfair as the final reward is something That Boosts Ship Performance(= Pay 2 Win)...:Smile_izmena:

Edited by _TAMAL_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
316 posts
4,638 battles

I paid what I paid to WG because I enjoy the game, forking over about the same as a AAA title and DLC seemed to me reasonable compensation. I have no inclination to pay them more money, outside of buying small numbers of doubloons as "maintenance costs".

I don't have a big problem with WG tapping the "whales" for funding by danging some digital trinket for them to run after every couple of months, be it a free ship, captain, or camo. Where I draw the ethical line is if these events are cynically drawn up to funnel players into opening up their wallets while pretending to just be promoting participation, i.e. by ramping the grind exponentially so that it takes 100 times as long to complete the last 1% of the task set than the first 50% for example, or deliberately targeting player's OCD by offering "collections" which are by design nearly impossible to finish without paying.

Over the last 12 months I have seen that side of things become more and more prevalent. That is, the psychological persuasion / addiction aspect has ramped up. It's no longer "here's a premium ship you can buy if you like it", but instead "here's a new event you can play to have a chance to collect tokens, collect all 24 tokens, get a free premium ship ... oh by the way you can buy lootcrates to get a chance at more tokens, and finding the last token by playing games is almost impossible...." It's not outright deceptive perhaps (I'll be generous here...), but it's not squeaky-clean either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 2:33 PM, Pocket_Fox said:

Just a head's up. Shortening Japan or Japanese to a three letter word is a racial slur and against forum rules so I'd recommend changing it. Some other words also get you red text like the R word for sexual assault.

for everybody who is wondering about what is that about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

shot-18_02.22_02_27.42-0436.thumb.jpg.188d937bb83ac9acb7deed7834b17f76.jpg

Everything collected from the French mission crates with 3 duplicates to spare. Didn't need to spend a single dime :cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOWMY]
Member
347 posts
16,863 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, Pocket_Fox said:

Just a head's up. Shortening Japan or Japanese to a three letter word is a racial slur and against forum rules so I'd recommend changing it. Some other words also get you red text like the R word for sexual assault.

I find it very...not right. In anything other than this forum I would use the 3 shortened letter. For example when I buy car, I ask can I know the price for this XXX car? And I even using XXX car in real world. In no way to me I am degrading them or looking down or..whatever. Even tho historically they deserved to be done so... <---this is another story.

Anyway because of ..its forum rules and "maybe" its Japanese sentiment themselves feels like that. I obey and respect them. Tho I 200% do not agree with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[AUSDF]
Member
10 posts
11,174 battles

Would like to know what the compensation for getting Aigle through the missions is having already purchased Aigle through the premium shop, as normally for a premium ship you are compensated with the equivalent doubloons but from what i see as i finished The Aigle Marathon this morning and my compensation i think is possibly a few million credits ?; If i pay money for a ship that's available through a mission i think i should be compensated by the same monetary value of doubloons fair enough on a tech tree ship already owned gets credit compensation but a premium ship should never be compensated in this way and i can not find anywhere to tell me what the compensation is in fact most of the Aigle stuff seems to have vanished off the WOWS server.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
6 hours ago, OzHeat said:

Would like to know what the compensation for getting Aigle through the missions is having already purchased Aigle through the premium shop, as normally for a premium ship you are compensated with the equivalent doubloons but from what i see as i finished The Aigle Marathon this morning and my compensation i think is possibly a few million credits ?; If i pay money for a ship that's available through a mission i think i should be compensated by the same monetary value of doubloons fair enough on a tech tree ship already owned gets credit compensation but a premium ship should never be compensated in this way and i can not find anywhere to tell me what the compensation is in fact most of the Aigle stuff seems to have vanished off the WOWS server.

No, you are incorrect in assuming that it is always doubloons compensation.

Reward ships are compensated with equivalent credits. It's on you for not knowing this. You paid for this voluntarily, and you got early access for it. Are you sure you deserve **full** compensation for this?

Anyway, you get doubloon compensation if you own a premium ship and you get it again through crates or gifts.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×