You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

So how did this player get the Yamato after 200 Games?

23 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,464 battles

So, when I play I try to check the stats of any pink player / anyone in a fail division. So in a game, and this player is fail div'd. Below is a list of ALL the games this person has played. Excluding the Yamato, not quite 200. Yup. But if he has free XP'd most of the line, how the bloody hell did he accumulate enough XP to convert to free XP? Even if he spent money to buy flag boosts / camo etc, I cannot see how he could have done it. 

I could post the link to his stats page, but I'm not sure if that is forum rule breach.

But if are wondering why there are so many , lets just say very average players out there at top tier, well here is one reason...

howtheheck.thumb.PNG.67c7269543b9102a7e8b61d1802c5556.PNG

Edited by j0e90
typos

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,464 battles
12 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Wallet warrior !!

For sure, but I just cannot work out how he got enough XP to free xp!

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
27 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

For sure, but I just cannot work out how he got enough XP to free xp!

Im sure he buy his way like this : premium time , set of camo + all signals , a few games of a premium ship if he had one.

The point isnt free exping , he litterally waltz a line buying his way through every single ship by grinding. The 3 games per ship there will expontentially shorten the grind a lot.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

I don't know. But I do believe the internal thought process went something like "once I get that top tier bb I will finally be able crush them" :Smile_veryhappy:

I remember when I wouldn't buy the Atago because I knew it was out of my league. These guys have no such concern.

Edited by keskparane

164 posts
5,427 battles

Right, there might be a coop stats. 

If i recall correctly by the time i got my first Tier X ship which is also the Yamato. I've already had roughly 1500 battles on my history.

I never use anykind of flags, just get free premium whenever possible. I rarely use free EXP too, even when there's the time i want to do it to get pass Izumo alot.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles
3 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Did you check his Co-Op stats? He may have played co-op waay more...

True. I went from Hiryuu to Taiho in co-op... cuz I am so bad at CV's :<

Hilariously, I think on a few stats websites they show my skill as unicum from when I played CV's well in 2014/15... then they changed CV and I was terrible.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,464 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelRVH said:

Right, there might be a coop stats. 

If i recall correctly by the time i got my first Tier X ship which is also the Yamato. I've already had roughly 1500 battles on my history.

I never use anykind of flags, just get free premium whenever possible. I rarely use free EXP too, even when there's the time i want to do it to get pass Izumo alot.

Yeah, he has about 300 PVE games as well, although with an average XP of 400 odd in his most played ship, well thats  not making much of a difference ;)

Note, I'm not whinging about this dude, just observing. If some dude wants to toss a few hundred Pacific Pesos at WG to get their wet dream ship, well great, that subsidises a bunch of free to play peeps. 

315 posts
4,631 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 11:09 AM, j0e90 said:

howtheheck.thumb.PNG.67c7269543b9102a7e8b61d1802c5556.PNG

So I'd have to guess here that he cooped his way through the IJN BB and CL lines, make a reasonable effort to play Mutsu in random, ground up to Yamato in coop again before going back to random in Yamato. Probably only plays randoms with his div buddies. And, yeah, it goes without saying: weeb.

As discussed in a different thread though, some people really like coop. This player is probably very experienced in the game in terms of battles played, but as you all know, strategy in coop is totally different from strategy in random. Getting 42% 65k damage in Yamato in his first 150 random games seems realistic. Considering the overall skill level at that tier, that says to me he is at least baseline competent - just not very good yet.

The game allows you to grind out the lines 100% in coop if you want. This is a consequence of that. Cause/effect at work. 

It would be nice if he practiced at T5-7 randoms until he could draw a 50% WR in T10, but you can't make a law preventing him from "practicing" at T10.

I'd also be willing to bet that more players have WR in the 40's with their T10 ships than will care to admit it. In a battle where everyone is a unicum, half of them will lose!

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
30 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

So I'd have to guess here that he cooped his way through the IJN BB and CL lines, make a reasonable effort to play Mutsu in random, ground up to Yamato in coop again before going back to random in Yamato. Probably only plays randoms with his div buddies. And, yeah, it goes without saying: weeb.

uh what?

On 2/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, j0e90 said:

Yeah, he has about 300 PVE games

315 posts
4,631 battles
4 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

uh what?

Missed that. You're saying we know for sure he has only played ~~600 games total? I guess I'm showing my ignorance since I haven't looked into this but how would that even be possible? Can doubloons be converted to freeXP without premium shipXP somehow?

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

What about ... daddy interested to play what his son play. Then he shock of what his son said about the grinding progress, but daddy want Yamato or any T10 ship as soon as possible. So daddy grab his creds and buy all in.
Or maybe the son get banned and steal his dad credit card and buy all in with new account. Who knows ?

1,105 posts

unlimited crates works.... got 50K free XP

but here is the MOST possible :

a) CO-OP battle :V from T1 to T10..... are you check how many co op battle did he go?

b) OOOWH! another possibiity is BUYING T6 premium and playing scenario 24/7..... there will be no record..... free XP then.....

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,464 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Missed that. You're saying we know for sure he has only played ~~600 games total? I guess I'm showing my ignorance since I haven't looked into this but how would that even be possible? Can doubloons be converted to freeXP without premium shipXP somehow?

Yup, here are the screen grabs for PVE  -  I can only guess he dropped a truckload of cash into premium camos / flag bundles.

So less than 700 games total, and remember that total includes 150 PVP yamato games. 

howtherheck2.thumb.PNG.a58b656efc7420b188e5cf0475c28bd5.PNG

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

grinding flag

special flag

special camo

premium account

premium ships

all of them are buyable

315 posts
4,631 battles

700-150 ~~ 550 games to get to Yamato

XP cost of the IJN BB line? ugh ... too early in the morning for me to want to look this up ... about 1,000,000 though right? So (very roughly) 2000 free XP average for every game he played, half of those in PvE.

OK so maybe that's ossible, just ... but I surely any player with the smarts to be able to do all the right flag stacking and know how to farm that level of free XP / game would also be smart enough to either a) not do it or b) be a better player than 42% Yamata WR???

Edited by Rina_Pon