You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Sound Problem

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles

My son in law built me a new system as the game struggled on my laptop (bought 2013) this new system is just lovely with 16Gb of Ram.

To make the install to the new system easier, I copied the game folder on to a external HD, and pasted it into my system (DL WOT's took all night)

The install went ok, except for two glitches, I have no sound through my headphones, and no desk top launcher.

Anyone out there know what the issue with the sound might be? WOT's has sound through the headphones.

WRT the second glitch, I tried copying and pasting the launcher to my desk top, but it wouldn't work so iv'e been launcing it from the game file location.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help

Edited by charcoal44
spelling

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

Copying the folder is not good practice and may cause exactly the problems you see.

Don't you have enough bandwidth to download the game again? That should fix the problem.

Can you start the runner? Under Settings and Support, there is the function "check and repair game integrity" - that may fix it.

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles

Got the sound problem fixed, I needed to uncheck a box. Yes I have the bandwidth, it's just that it took over 12 hours for my WOT's to finish updating.

I can run the game fine from the launcher in the game files, just wanted the desktop launcher for ease of starting. 

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

Well if I understand what you are saying correctly then just right click on WoWSLauncher.exe and select "Send to" > "Desktop (create shortcut)"

You can then rename (left click then press F2) that shortcut to something more friendly than "WoWSLauncher.exe - Shortcut"

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles
20 hours ago, keskparane said:

Well if I understand what you are saying correctly then just right click on WoWSLauncher.exe and select "Send to" > "Desktop (create shortcut)"

You can then rename (left click then press F2) that shortcut to something more friendly than "WoWSLauncher.exe - Shortcut"

Worked perfectly, thank you so much