You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Why are AFK players still not punished?

19 comments in this topic

127 posts
6,502 battles

Game has been released since 2015 and to this date people who AFK at the start of the match to the very end without moving at all are still not punished at all?

Don't give me the stupid "they don't get any xp or credits" argument. It doesn't matter as they can still click "Battle" and AFK in another match immediately after AFKing an entire match.

Sure, there are people who crash or the game doesn't load, but if it consistently happens then they should get banned or punished in some way.

[DIY]
65 posts
5,369 battles

Dude, it's not like there is only 1 afker in the whole WoWs player base.

The best thing we can do is to report him (or send WG ticket, must check the ticket rule again) and hope WG will take action.

For you WG staff, you should- like- show us something about afk player statistics like how many people have been banned since patches 0.x.x. It would be better if you can list banned players name, some of which might be the one someone reported and seek for evidence that he/she have been banished from this game.

[1AN-E]
106 posts
14,402 battles

Not sure, but I think the karma system will put a hold on a player's account if the karma gets too low - if that's right, then reporting the AFK players will have some effect 

455 posts
8,038 battles
38 minutes ago, LargerNeptune3 said:

Not sure, but I think the karma system will put a hold on a player's account if the karma gets too low - if that's right, then reporting the AFK players will have some effect 

Lol no, if that was the case I'd be banned from the game due to excessive negative karma :cap_book:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I think the standard is still the same. They get flagged & warned then permabanned if they repeated, which resulted in many complaints about being too harsh.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
5 hours ago, LargerNeptune3 said:

The Karma will never fall below zero as it is capped because *player's feelings* so if a player already has zero karma, what's zero plus zero equal again?

2,217 posts
13,680 battles
1 hour ago, Epicurus_ said:

The Karma will never fall below zero as it is capped because *player's feelings* so if a player already has zero karma, what's zero plus zero equal again?

00 = licensed to do nothing

001 = licensed to be president of usa

002 = licensed to eat without a bib

003 = licensed to make cereal

004 = licensed to drive

005 = licensed to set new trends

006 = licensed to fry without an apron

007 = licensed to kill

008 = licensed to babysit

357 posts
3,693 battles

There were so much afk players in ranked than random plays. This is what i see. Wg should do another fresh new round of banning and warning.

Edited by th3vikings

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
10 hours ago, Jeruk_Swag said:

Game has been released since 2015 and to this date people who AFK at the start of the match to the very end without moving at all are still not punished at all?

Don't give me the stupid "they don't get any xp or credits" argument. It doesn't matter as they can still click "Battle" and AFK in another match immediately after AFKing an entire match.

Sure, there are people who crash or the game doesn't load, but if it consistently happens then they should get banned or punished in some way.

There was a thread from @Spotterabout this but it just died a natural death.   It has just never been a WG priority.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,478 battles

Said it before, say it again. The karma system is just a placebo put it place to make you feel like something will happen when you report an afk player. Its telling there is no 'Bot' option.

Pretty much, if you decide to play WG games, just accept that AFK / BOTs are part of the landscape. Which sucks, but once you find acceptance you can move onto more important issues, like beer. hmmmm, beer...

Super Tester
2,725 posts
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

There was a thread from @Spotterabout this but it just died a natural death.   It has just never been a WG priority.

Unless they automated it. lol

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
1 minute ago, Mingfang47 said:

Unless they automated it. lol

Perception of taking action is half the fight.  When WG just stay quiet and don't tell players of what/how/when players are banned then how does anyone know they are doing anything.

The old "if a tree falls over in the woods" argument.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,307 battles

what happens if is it beyond  our control.. who hasn t experienced  loss of  power, internet  pc /game crash or phone rings or you get visitors just after you hit the battle button

Edited by stick3

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
19 minutes ago, stick3 said:

what happens if is it beyond  our control.. who hasn t experienced  loss of  power, internet  pc /game crash or phone rings or you get visitors just after you hit the battle button

No one has ever said that that should be punished.  Continual AFK's are the issue.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/15512-my-account-has-been-locked-permanently

Clearly some are punished, this particular one got a permanent ban for his conduct. (I believe as he exposed this himself, my linking his post isn't naming and shaming)

"they don't get any economical reward" is a valid argument, the AFKers still need to pay credits to enter a battle, and after a period of time they will be left with no credits and unable to enter a battle.

unless they play T1, those ships are free of charge.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I quoted him because he was quite infamous in some community.

Here is WGS thread regarding it and as you can see their last active participation in the thread was also nearly 2 years ago.