Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DFaultPlayR69

Saipan seriously needs to be reworked

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
70 posts
3,170 battles

[Really salty rant incoming]

Saipan is seriously ruining CV gameplay at tier7, just about every match I get in my Ranger, it's a 90% chance that I'll be against a Saipan. It's a miracle if I even get pitted against Hiryu or another Ranger. With the CV playerbase already so small, Saipan pretty much dominated the tier7 CV spot, and with it's broken OP planes, it's practically impossible for Non-premium CVs to even have fun. First of all, it's those darn tier9 planes that somehow has no downsides aside from it's small squadron size. It's fast, and hard to kill, and can get out of a fighter lock without losing a plane. Ranger players are the ones that are getting kicked around most of the time since they're stuck with 1 squadron and even though it has superior numbers, it's pointless as Saipan has 2 squadrons of fighter which when combined, makes it basically Ranger's 1 fighter squadron made even more powerful by being split into 2 and being 2 tiers higher than normal Ranger. Second of all, Non-premium CVs are forced to play a defensive role when Saipan is on the other team. Whenever you even take your fighter squadron to escort your bombers, Saipan will just send his TBs to strike your open flank, and you can't even send your own bombers to an attack escorted without having to lose 1-2 squadrons because your own fighters are busy fighting 1 Fighter squadron while the other enemy squadron is gunning down your bombers returning to your ship.

I really have to say that playing tier7 CVs against Saipan is no fun at all. At least when you're against Kaga, you actually have a fighting chance since it has a reasonable weakness, being that it has more fragile planes compared to it's non-premium counterparts. Against Saipan, it's practically going to be 20mins of hell for the CV player on the receiving end. Why can't WG just nerf the fighter squadrons. At least give my bombers a chance to escape by having the Saipan's fighter speed reduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
318 posts
6,878 battles

Bait the Saipan fighters over friendly AA ships? 

The Saipan TB's are pretty meh due to the size of the squad with a 2.0.2 load out is easier to deal with, the 3.0.1 is where you will have real issues with air dominance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,725 posts
27 minutes ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

Why can't WG just nerf the fighter squadrons.

Most are quite aware on the issue. And I believe you are very aware that Saipan is a premium a.k.a. "Immunity from nerfs" or "NERF MY SHIP, PAY ME BACK IN FULL", so chances is very slim and WG need serious judgment for it. Players are pretty much "wait & see" or adapt & counter the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
534 posts
4 hours ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

[Really salty rant incoming]

Saipan is seriously ruining CV gameplay at tier7, just about every match I get in my Ranger, it's a 90% chance that I'll be against a Saipan. It's a miracle if I even get pitted against Hiryu or another Ranger. With the CV playerbase already so small, Saipan pretty much dominated the tier7 CV spot, and with it's broken OP planes, it's practically impossible for Non-premium CVs to even have fun. First of all, it's those darn tier9 planes that somehow has no downsides aside from it's small squadron size. It's fast, and hard to kill, and can get out of a fighter lock without losing a plane. Ranger players are the ones that are getting kicked around most of the time since they're stuck with 1 squadron and even though it has superior numbers, it's pointless as Saipan has 2 squadrons of fighter which when combined, makes it basically Ranger's 1 fighter squadron made even more powerful by being split into 2 and being 2 tiers higher than normal Ranger. Second of all, Non-premium CVs are forced to play a defensive role when Saipan is on the other team. Whenever you even take your fighter squadron to escort your bombers, Saipan will just send his TBs to strike your open flank, and you can't even send your own bombers to an attack escorted without having to lose 1-2 squadrons because your own fighters are busy fighting 1 Fighter squadron while the other enemy squadron is gunning down your bombers returning to your ship.

I really have to say that playing tier7 CVs against Saipan is no fun at all. At least when you're against Kaga, you actually have a fighting chance since it has a reasonable weakness, being that it has more fragile planes compared to it's non-premium counterparts. Against Saipan, it's practically going to be 20mins of hell for the CV player on the receiving end. Why can't WG just nerf the fighter squadrons. At least give my bombers a chance to escape by having the Saipan's fighter speed reduced.

I know that feeling brother,I've unlocked Shokaku year ago and I could still remember the game with Saipan.Especially the division of Siapan/Atlanta/Sims

Sigh,only cowards uses Saipan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOWMY]
Member
347 posts
16,870 battles

Maybe they should down tier the Hiryu and Ranger, as they dont want to touch Saipan. The waiting for CV reworks really gave too much frustation. Yeah I now only grind the CV tru co-op.. I guess yeah might also try the scenario. There isnt much issue with other cv ..except for Saipan. 

I dont hate Saipan player... hate the Saipan itself. Player will play whatever ship they find that can generate win for themselves. Some Saipan owner I heard play Saipan only for 8k battles :0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
1 hour ago, Mingfang47 said:

Most are quite aware on the issue. And I believe you are very aware that Saipan is a premium a.k.a. "Immunity from nerfs" or "NERF MY SHIP, PAY ME BACK IN FULL", so chances is very slim and WG need serious judgment for it. Players are pretty much "wait & see" or adapt & counter the issue.

Can't they buff the hiryu/ranger's fighters to compensate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
218 posts
11,604 battles

I think t9 planes were the marketing gimmick. Throwing all other cv planes to t9 is gonna need buffs to AA lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles

Phil, I'm afraid alot of people did kept complaining the Saipan.

Unfortunately, you forgot the fact that it's a " PREMIUM " Carrier, that means WG cannot do anything to re tweak or buffs or nerfs . It's immunity of nerfs.

Then you will hear Saipan's main user demanding Refund and they pointed out the idiot who says nerfing the Saipan is going to get bombarded with hate or rare case ( Death Threats ) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
392 posts
5 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Use Tier 7 scenarios to grind Ranger, then play Lexington

T7 scenarios is no place for CVs. Almost every enemy ship has Defensive AA Fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
13 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

T7 scenarios is no place for CVs. Almost every enemy ship has Defensive AA Fire.

I consistently get 150-200k damage in all scenarios except for Aegis. 

Defensive AA makes it a bit less of a brain-dead experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
70 posts
3,170 battles
6 hours ago, Kamanah said:

Bait the Saipan fighters over friendly AA ships?

Most Saipan players just don't fall for that. The only time they even get their fighters close to allied AA is when they're sending TBs to attack. Even then, my fighters would just get fighter locked by Saipan's 1st squadron then strafed by the 2nd squadron.

 

5 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Use Tier 7 scenarios to grind Ranger, then play Lexington

I'm already just about 30k exp from getting Lex. As of now, I'm seriously considering free xp-ing the Lex. Even then, Saipan can still give high tier CVs a run for their money.

 

5 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

Most are quite aware on the issue. And I believe you are very aware that Saipan is a premium a.k.a. "Immunity from nerfs" or "NERF MY SHIP, PAY ME BACK IN FULL", so chances is very slim and WG need serious judgment for it. Players are pretty much "wait & see" or adapt & counter the issue.

 

2 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Unfortunately, you forgot the fact that it's a " PREMIUM " Carrier, that means WG cannot do anything to re tweak or buffs or nerfs . It's immunity of nerfs.

Then you will hear Saipan's main user demanding Refund and they pointed out the idiot who says nerfing the Saipan is going to get bombarded with hate or rare case ( Death Threats ) .

WG already nerfed premiums in their other game: WoT. A prime example would be the Super Pershing. Back then, it was a great tank that can bounce even tier9 guns. But then WG changed it's only redeeming factor, which is it's armor and then it suddenly became one of the worst tier8 premiums. Even if WG later on buffed the armor slightly, it was still far from what it was back when it was good.

 

4 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I know that feeling brother,I've unlocked Shokaku year ago and I could still remember the game with Saipan.Especially the division of Siapan/Atlanta/Sims

Sigh,only cowards uses Saipan

Flak me, I've come across Saipan/Atlanta/Sims divisions and it was a living hell for me to play against.

 

6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Use Tier 7 scenarios to grind Ranger, then play Lexington

That's pretty much what I do with the Ranger. Anytime the weekly Ops is on Narai or Ultimate Frontier, I play Ranger as much as possible.

 

48 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

T7 scenarios is no place for CVs. Almost every enemy ship has Defensive AA Fire.

Actually, tier7 CVs are more suited with scenarios. Tier6 CV just have too small hangar sizes, making the user be cautious with their attacks. With tier7, you get a much larger hangar which makes the user be more aggressive with strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
381 posts
9,957 battles

T7 Operations are great for tech CV grind. Sure it's rare to have monstrous 2k+ base xp game in scenarios but you will also get less 500-700 base xp losses so it's much more consistent and enjoyable. Can't wait for T8 Ops to be released as T8 is the second most affected by MM after T5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles
1 hour ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

WG already nerfed premiums in their other game: WoT. A prime example would be the Super Pershing. Back then, it was a great tank that can bounce even tier9 guns. But then WG changed it's only redeeming factor, which is it's armor and then it suddenly became one of the worst tier8 premiums. Even if WG later on buffed the armor slightly, it was still far from what it was back when it was good.

 

 

WOT is WOT, Wows is Wows different game man.

Sergey Burkatovskiy, Lead Game Designer ~ WG Leader and also a WOT Head Devs.

 

Wows Devs :

Alexander Bogomolsky  ~ Producer

Anton Oparin ~ Game Designer .

 

But this is not the case , you're in a bote game not a Tonk game.

 

And i feel like i have to agree the whole thing about saipan being to utterly powerful. But in the hands of Elite Kaga , Ranger or Hiryu player, Their FT can surely know what to deal with saipan.

I had experience with those guys.. and they are sissies using that but actually i killed saipan 52 times already using Kaga.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
10 hours ago, Kamanah said:

Bait the Saipan fighters over friendly AA ships? 

The Saipan TB's are pretty meh due to the size of the squad with a 2.0.2 load out is easier to deal with, the 3.0.1 is where you will have real issues with air dominance.

easy to said,

the Saipan's fighter is very fast and durable plus can break from dogfight easily, so there is no point of baiting unless the player is not skilled or aware of the bait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,725 posts
15 hours ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

WG already nerfed premiums in their other game: WoT. A prime example would be the Super Pershing. Back then, it was a great tank that can bounce even tier9 guns. But then WG changed it's only redeeming factor, which is it's armor and then it suddenly became one of the worst tier8 premiums. Even if WG later on buffed the armor slightly, it was still far from what it was back when it was good.

Quite aware on SP nerf & refund. This is WoWS with different development team (WG Lesta Studio, not WG Minsk). Find my question (Ctrl + F) in this thread, and read the answers. 

Spoiler

 

Questions:

3. CV Saipan: Any possible move for change (excluding the cosmetic part) on this ship?

4. Related to above. If there will be such change to any of premium ship (e.g. performance, armor, etc.), is the management willing to follow the "WoT move" for full refund the premium? (Players opted for full refund of their SuperPershing)

Answers:

3. No.

4. We are very loyal in this aspect - we buff premium ships when they have problems with performance, and avoid nerfing them at all costs. I don't see any point in discussing this now, as there is no precedent of specific ship nerf.

 

1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,723 battles
On 2/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, Mingfang47 said:

Most are quite aware on the issue. And I believe you are very aware that Saipan is a premium a.k.a. "Immunity from nerfs" or "NERF MY SHIP, PAY ME BACK IN FULL", so chances is very slim and WG need serious judgment for it. Players are pretty much "wait & see" or adapt & counter the issue.

Problem is premium aren't immune to nerf. Perth for example was severely nerfed when spotting when firing from smoke was introduced, yet Saipan wasn't when exit strafing was introduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,347 posts
8,872 battles

WG are more than willing to nerf Premiums as long as it is an indirect nerf or as part of a global change to ships. They just don't want to nerf them directly.

Saipan isn't affected by exit strafing FT loss because WG thought it would make it too weak. So all that change did was to make an already strong ship even stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
23,647 battles
6 hours ago, Lebran_Erika said:

No choice bro, need to free exp t8 cvs to avoid saipan.

Players who free xp-ed t6 and t7 cvs to avoid Saipan playing T8 cvs.

Having one of those in your team basically dictates an enemy win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
208 posts
8,201 battles
16 hours ago, Lebran_Erika said:

No choice bro, need to free exp t8 cvs to avoid saipan.

Graff Zeppelin and Enterprise says hello....:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
70 posts
3,170 battles
3 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

Graff Zeppelin and Enterprise says hello....:Smile_trollface:

At least you can actually chase down their aircraft, unlike those planes that Saipan has can just GTFO when it needs to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×