Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IndominusWrath

Restrict players from going higher tiers easily?

76 comments in this topic

58 posts
3,225 battles

Hey guys, i think that skipping a ship and going to higher tier is too easy in this game. specially anyone can go to max tier very easily by spending a little amount of money. now, someone going high tier is totally not my problem. i dont have to tell you how frustating it is if enemy hakuryu player gets kraken front of your team's midway + des moines + lot of aa ships divisions but your team midway doesnt even know how to strafe.

Wouldnt it be good if a player gets a challenge before buying new ships like..

>spend exp to research hiryu.

>"kill 2 destroyers with manual drops using ryujo" -> to unlock hiryu. then spend credits to finally buy it.

because, gaining exp is very easy. a pay2win guy can just farm exp with everything prem, rush, die, buy tier 10 congratz! i think this should just stop.

1,105 posts

play CV

btw, getting T10 IS NOT EASY. the problem is starting from T9, MINUS CREDIT IS FOR REAL!

i already have taiho BUT SELL it to buy martel....

sometimes its not your team is noob, but enemy just too good. also why worried..... just kill everyone and carry the game

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
53 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

Hey guys, i think that skipping a ship and going to higher tier is too easy in this game. specially anyone can go to max tier very easily by spending a little amount of money. now, someone going high tier is totally not my problem. i dont have to tell you how frustating it is if enemy hakuryu player gets kraken front of your team's midway + des moines + lot of aa ships divisions but your team midway doesnt even know how to strafe.

>"kill 2 destroyers with manual drops using ryujo" -> to unlock hiryu. then spend credits to finally buy it.

because, gaining exp is very easy. a pay2win guy can just farm exp with everything prem, rush, die, buy tier 10 congratz! i think this should just stop.

frankly i think that pay to advance is better then the P2W trend that this game seems yo be taking now, and besides, the T10s in this game needs to be supported by either prem ships, prem account or prem camo in order to repair and maintain so even thr richest players need to invest a fair bit to break even at those tiers

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
4 hours ago, drakon233 said:

frankly i think that pay to advance is better then the P2W trend that this game seems yo be taking now, and besides, the T10s in this game needs to be supported by either prem ships, prem account or prem camo in order to repair and maintain so even thr richest players need to invest a fair bit to break even at those tiers

Interesting point. And could be where WG was thinking of going with ships like the Missouri. personally I am very surprised they made it a free XP ship given how with one of those you can heavily subsidise a few T10 games. The game has probably been out for too long for them to get away with tweaking the economy enough to make a real difference and get away with it.

Edited by j0e90

58 posts
3,225 battles

i dont mind the economy tho. i also dont care who is rich or poor. its good the way it is now. my problem is the player skills. that a high tier CV cant strafe, a cv doesnt have any idea about scouting, a gearing doesnt smoke, but smokes while scouting helping the enemy to escape, a bb has to cap because dd doesnt. this happens because people skipping just too much.

wouldnt it be better if like.. after researching a ship you get some difficult personal missions before buying new ship. like for DD - get 2 capture ribbons and kill one enemy dd to unlock next destroyer to purchase. or Smoke an allied player and gain 20k spotting damage while smoke is up.

its just my opinion tho. so players wont skip, and learn to play first before proceed.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
57 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

i dont mind the economy tho. i also dont care who is rich or poor. its good the way it is now. my problem is the player skills. that a high tier CV cant strafe, a cv doesnt have any idea about scouting, a gearing doesnt smoke, but smokes while scouting helping the enemy to escape, a bb has to cap because dd doesnt. this happens because people skipping just too much.

wouldnt it be better if like.. after researching a ship you get some difficult personal missions before buying new ship. like for DD - get 2 capture ribbons and kill one enemy dd to unlock next destroyer to purchase. or Smoke an allied player and gain 20k spotting damage while smoke is up.

its just my opinion tho. so players wont skip, and learn to play first before proceed.

Um, welcome to the world of online multiplayer games??

The real issue is botting. I played a game this am we had an ognevoi running without camo, at T8 thats a red flag. Checked his stats. In the last 30 days, WR of 30%, 0% survival and OVER FOUR THOUSAND games played. If you say an average of 12 minutes a game, that works out at 33 days, 24 /7. now obviously bots tend to have far shorter games. But even at say 6 minutes game that would be something like 14 hours a day non stop.

So until WG address the issue of botting to get to high tiers ( which they seem unable to do ) you just have to suck it up I am afraid.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles
6 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

the problem is starting from T9, MINUS CREDIT IS FOR REAL!

This isn't particularly a problem as long as you keep your damage numbers up. Maybe throw in a few kills and base captures as well.

I'm using Baltimore to grind credits on my NA account, because I don't have a Missouri there (I only have one on Asia).

1,105 posts
21 minutes ago, benlisquare said:

This isn't particularly a problem as long as you keep your damage numbers up. Maybe throw in a few kills and base captures as well.

I'm using Baltimore to grind credits on my NA account, because I don't have a Missouri there (I only have one on Asia).

i am talking about the noob who climbed the tech tree with rush and change ship quickly. if you can keep high damage number and got few kill, it wasnt noob anymore.

1,018 posts
7,490 battles
8 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

i think that skipping a ship and going to higher tier is too easy in this game. specially anyone can go to max tier very easily by spending a little amount of money

What stops your rich pay-to-win guy hiring a player to log into his account and pass all these barriers you want to put up? You know there are websites where you can do this kind of thing, right?

The frustration in WoWS seems to be caused mainly by the matchmaking and bad players on your team. (Nobody seems to have a problem with bad players on the other team = easy kills.)

I believe people have to learn how to deal with frustration or stop playing PvP games.

219 posts
11,618 battles
4 hours ago, j0e90 said:

Um, welcome to the world of online multiplayer games??

The real issue is botting. I played a game this am we had an ognevoi running without camo, at T8 thats a red flag. Checked his stats. In the last 30 days, WR of 30%, 0% survival and OVER FOUR THOUSAND games played. If you say an average of 12 minutes a game, that works out at 33 days, 24 /7. now obviously bots tend to have far shorter games. But even at say 6 minutes game that would be something like 14 hours a day non stop.

So until WG address the issue of botting to get to high tiers ( which they seem unable to do ) you just have to suck it up I am afraid.

I am more concerned that the report option of "bot" is removed from the game. even there was a guy who reported to jingles about a bot who has all the premium ships since his tickets got unanswered by WG.

58 posts
3,225 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What stops your rich pay-to-win guy hiring a player to log into his account and pass all these barriers you want to put up?

ugh totally forgot that method too. *facepalm*

1,494 posts

They should make it so t9 & 10 cannot be skipped, or flags used or free exp used to up-tier,   so the grind & the experience gained cannot be bypassed, that way less idiots would get these ships..... call it a rite of passage if you like... 

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

It's fine. It is grindy enough without being off putting.

I don't play WoT because as much as I'd like to play the new tiers, I dont have 3 years to get every tank. Whereas in WoWS I can grind most ship lines for the ones I like.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

4 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What stops your rich pay-to-win guy hiring a player to log into his account and pass all these barriers you want to put up? You know there are websites where you can do this kind of thing, right?

But what are the chances, nay, the frequency for such a thing to happen?

How frequently do you even meet bots in the first place? If we put an additional filter to access higher tiers, then the odds of meeting bots would decrease.

Because, I think it's a good idea tbh. Heck, it doesn't even have to be missions, and instead could even be average stat requirements over a set number of battles, similar to the emblem grind.

For example: If you have a Ryujo but want to play Hiryu, then first you must have (x) avg dmg in (y) amount of battles. Win Rate is quite iffy due to the MM randomness, so avg dmg could be the way to go.

Besides, higher avg dmg = more game involvement = better skills.

Aaaand avg dmg requirements indirectly addresses the bot issue:

Aside from the hiring scenario, do u reaaallly think a bot CV can deal, say, at least 50-60k dmg per game consistently:Smile_sceptic:

And the answer is NO. That bot will be stuck in the same tier forever, always on queue, but never progressing.

We can even implement a progress bar so players can track their own progress.

The system can be implemented across all tiers, but I think it would be better to start from tier 6 and up instead.

Tiers 1-5 can be considered as the "sandbox" tiers where you can have casual fun while familiarizing with game mechanics.

Now, why do I think a challenge mode/stat barrier is a good idea for tier progression?

It's because waay back when I played BandMaster (it's a MMO rhythm game btw) in order to progress through the ranks you need to beat challenges;

For example, you should hit a combo of (x) notes in a particular song, or win a rhythm battle against a boss AI. If you complete it, then you get promoted; if you fail, you can always try again.

What about the people who hire players to progress tiers for them? You ask.

We set a specified number of matches for the avg dmg requirement, say... between 50-100 matches would be great, depending on the tier.

So the rich pay-to-win guy would have to pay the player he's hiring for AT LEAST 300-500 battles' worth in cash; could be even more if we scale up the requirements for higher tiers.

Like, for tiers 8-10 we can have number of wins wherein u are in the top 3 instead of avg dmg.

It would be more profitable for the p2w guy to play the matches himself instead of hiring another player to do it at this point :Smile_teethhappy:

This way, player skill level across tiers would become more consistent.

People would inevitably learn how to use their ships, whether they like it or not.

:Smile_glasses:

Edited by seiji09

[BRU]
279 posts
2,080 battles
6 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Nobody seems to have a problem with bad players on the other team = easy kills.

Yeah. Can't really understand complaints about having bad players in the game until players complain about having bad players on the enemy team.

This is an online multiplayer game, open to all who can download it and play it. At randoms, don't expect everybody to play at your level, OP. Hell, even at Ranked Battles (and maybe Clan Battles), it happens. Putting such barriers before advancing might just end up with the game losing some players because of frustration (of being unable to complete those required missions, should they be hard enough).

Remember, this is just a game. Unless there is money or something very important is at stake, you shouldn't dwell over bad players. You can be annoyed and angry for a while and move on. If your teams keep losing just stop playing and take a break. :cap_like:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles
15 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

You used CV's as an example here, but the problem with skill discrepancies of CV's causing crappy matches for everyone else involved is a class design problem, not a poor player at high tiers problem.  It will continue to happen until they fix CV's so they don't ruin battles (which they have apparently been working on for a long time but can't quite come up with a good solution).

As for poor players in other classes, this doesn't tend to make for bad matches, although it can make for frustrating moments.  You can't go saying someone can't participate because they aren't very good, those people just want to play the game and try and have fun just like everyone else, which they have a right to as much as the next person.

58 posts
3,225 battles
3 hours ago, seiji09 said:

We set a specified number of matches for the avg dmg requirement, say... between 50-100 matches would be great, depending on the tier.

So the rich pay-to-win guy would have to pay the player he's hiring for AT LEAST 300-500 battles' worth in cash; could be even more if we scale up the requirements for higher tiers.

Agreed. however, doing well with 100% camo it takes like only around 30 battles to get a hiryu :cap_popcorn:

1 hour ago, EJL said:

At randoms, don't expect everybody to play at your level, OP. Hell, even at Ranked Battles (and maybe Clan Battles), it happens. Putting such barriers before advancing might just end up with the game losing some players because of frustration (of being unable to complete those required missions, should they be hard enough).

not my level. i just want players to have least a brain which can think what to do as his own class. i dont mind if he makes different plan and does the job. i would be happier if i dont meet brainless players at least in high tier. also, its not like i become happy because enemy is noob or bot. Because when enemy is noob they doesnt even cap, and match ends so early that i dont get to do anything, ending up wasting my camos and flags and credits too :Smile_izmena:

Edited by HawkPotato

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
1 hour ago, HawkPotato said:

Agreed. however, doing well with 100% camo it takes like only around 30 battles to get a hiryu :cap_popcorn:

U unlock the hiryu, yes.

But u need to meet the avg dmg requirement in a specified number of battles first BEFORE u can even use it :3

And do you think bots can do well, even w 100% camo?

Not to mention if we use the top 3 exp wins requirement instead :3

Edited by seiji09

411 posts
6,164 battles
2 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

not my level. i just want players to have least a brain which can think what to do as his own class. i dont mind if he makes different plan and does the job. i would be happier if i dont meet brainless players at least in high tier. also, its not like i become happy because enemy is noob or bot. Because when enemy is noob they doesnt even cap, and match ends so early that i dont get to do anything, ending up wasting my camos and flags and credits too :Smile_izmena:

THIS^^^

58 posts
3,225 battles
4 hours ago, seiji09 said:

U unlock the hiryu, yes.

But u need to meet the avg dmg requirement in a specified number of battles first BEFORE u can even use it :3

And do you think bots can do well, even w 100% camo?

Not to mention if we use the top 3 exp wins requirement instead :3

being top 3 is kinda unfair because of the cv economy. you scout a lot, and like, killed 3 ships from full hp. a dd with 2 cap ribbons are more likely to surpass your base exp easily :cap_book:so damage challenge for cv seems good for me, or as i said "kill 2 destroyers with manual drop in one battle" or "30 anyships with manual drop in last 25 battles" is going to be a challenge for bots. im thinking about tier 6 while writing this. i want even harder when higher tier. like, 150 battle challenge for essex to midway?

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

Sounds pretty good.

But IMO I think the avg dmg could be applied to Tier 6 -> Tier 9, whereas (x) number of top 3 exp wins would be better suited for the Tier 9 -> Tier 10 barrier.

But it doesn't have to be a lot. It could be, say... between 25 to 50 top 3 exp wins, because this is designed to challenge the player's ability to carry matches;

By that point they have already shown they can deal consistent dmg per game, so the last challenge would be to test their skills.

It's not impossible of a hurdle because I've been using my Roon and Hindenburg to grind for the "Elitetruppe der Kriegsmarine" emblem, and I've already been top 3 exp in 81 out of the 100 required wins in under 2 weeks.

So if we think of the average player, top 3 exp wins would be challenging, take a good amount of time, but not impassable. 

I'm thinking about this not just for CVs but for all ship types:Smile_Default:

Edited by seiji09

1,018 posts
7,490 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, seiji09 said:

But what are the chances, nay, the frequency for such a thing to happen?

How frequently do you even meet bots in the first place? If we put an additional filter to access higher tiers, then the odds of meeting bots would decrease.

Look, whatever it is, imposing more and more rules will not reduce the frustration of players.

Exchanging FXP for XP and doubloons is a normal mechanic in the game. Maybe you (and others) think limiting this rule will reduce frustration for you, but keep in mind, this mechanism generates income for WG.

Do you think that for a mere chance that some player suffers less frustration, WG will forfeit the income?

And anyway, players only ever get frustrated about bad players on their team. Nobody complains about bad players on the enemy team.

1,018 posts
7,490 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, EJL said:

Remember, this is just a game. Unless there is money or something very important is at stake, you shouldn't dwell over bad players. You can be annoyed and angry for a while and move on. If your teams keep losing just stop playing and take a break.

People get frustrated because they don’t get the win they believe they deserve.

Introduce as many rules as you like, for every winning team, there has to be a losing team.

Sign in to follow this