Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Clan wars - Australians are supposed to be Nocturnal???

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
980 posts
12,617 battles

@tc1259 can you give us an insight to WG's reasoning to select (yet again) such an unfavourable prime time for Australian/NZ clans again? 

We aren't even asking for that much, perhaps just prime time to be extended ahead by 1 hr on one or two days, and Saturday to be a bit earlier. 

My clan (AUSNZ) made it to Storm league last season and many of us endured the late nights since it was the first season and it was all new and fresh, but I think if this keeps going sleep is going to win. 

I can't just become a vampire or an owl to play the game. 

To anyone who is non-Australian reading this, it's not like I want Prime Time to cater only for Aussies and disregard all other regions of Asia, but it just would be nice to see at least some effort by WG to help Australians play CB. My clan really wants to get some regular games in but it's just so hard with RL commitments and this crappy time.  

Edited by LordTyphoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
525 posts
7,946 battles

Nocturnal you say? 

Spoiler

Image result for nocturnal

anyway, yea i agree. seems like they didn;t listen to us, even tho my clan isn;t an Australian clan, we have atleast 2 of our members that lives in Australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,725 posts

I already sent my suggestion but it seems too late to be implemented in upcoming clan war season because of development time. (RIP)

I  did suggest making few number of battlefronts, each battlefront has its own that last (the same) 3 hours period and clan commander has to choose 1 & the clan's participation locked into that front.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
590 posts
2,995 battles
48 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

@tc1259 can you give us an insight to WG's reasoning to select (yet again) such an unfavourable prime time for Australian/NZ clans again? 

We aren't even asking for that much, perhaps just prime time to be extended ahead by 1 hr on one or two days, and Saturday to be a bit earlier. 

My clan (AUSNZ) made it to Storm league last season and many of us endured the late nights since it was the first season and it was all new and fresh, but I think if this keeps going sleep is going to win. 

I can't just become a vampire or an owl to play the game. 

To anyone who is non-Australian reading this, it's not like I want Prime Time to cater only for Aussies and disregard all other regions of Asia, but it just would be nice to see at least some effort by WG to help Australians play CB. My clan really wants to get some regular games in but it's just so hard with RL commitments and this crappy time.  

@LordTyphoon

Your guess is as good as mine - Unfortunately I'm not really around for the moment due to a loss in the family. 

We the Mod team / Supertesters have made sure that our preferences have been heard, but it is what it is. 

From what @Spotter wrote, I see it as this...

They acknowledge that there is an issue, they will be fixing it as soon as possible as it's not just Australians / New Zealand affected - but instead of killing off the mode and putting further pressure on a new feature, they will keep the time frames as is (It worked) and then fix those affected once it's established. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
6 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Your guess is as good as mine - Unfortunately I'm not really around for the moment due to a loss in the family. 

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to hear that...take all the time you need. 

7 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

They acknowledge that there is an issue, they will be fixing it as soon as possible as it's not just Australians / New Zealand affected - but instead of killing off the mode and putting further pressure on a new feature, they will keep the time frames as is (It worked) and then fix those affected once it's established. 

So basically it's not a top priority on their agenda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
163 posts
7,902 battles

Yeah read the patch notes, and gah!  Same time slot for NZ, 1AM - 4AM. 

What interesting is the advertised days are actually all wrong for NZ!  It's not Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday BUT Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday :-)

I likely join in one battle for the free reset.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[151ST]
Member
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

Seriously they don't care at all...

They proposed a solution for future that was unlock regions... When you do the maths, it's still rediculous...

Grrrrrrrrrrr this subject has got me angry again :Smile-angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
425 posts
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

@tc1259 can you give us an insight to WG's reasoning to select (yet again) such an unfavourable prime time for Australian/NZ clans again? 

We aren't even asking for that much, perhaps just prime time to be extended ahead by 1 hr on one or two days, and Saturday to be a bit earlier. 

My clan (AUSNZ) made it to Storm league last season and many of us endured the late nights since it was the first season and it was all new and fresh, but I think if this keeps going sleep is going to win. 

I can't just become a vampire or an owl to play the game. 

To anyone who is non-Australian reading this, it's not like I want Prime Time to cater only for Aussies and disregard all other regions of Asia, but it just would be nice to see at least some effort by WG to help Australians play CB. My clan really wants to get some regular games in but it's just so hard with RL commitments and this crappy time.  

Everyone knows that the only reason that anyone is alive in the Land of Down Under is that you are all vampires already.  Common knowledge on the internet. 

Remember, wear sunscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
590 posts
2,995 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to hear that...take all the time you need. 

So basically it's not a top priority on their agenda. 

@LordTyphoon and @S4pp3R

I cannot comment as only Spotter is within the inner sanctum

To be honest, if what spotter has written is accurate, and I have no doubt in my mind it isn't. It's a global initiative / fix - so it'll get here quickly unless they see major technical issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[151ST]
Member
1,014 posts
4,526 battles
23 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

@LordTyphoon and @S4pp3R

I cannot comment as only Spotter is within the inner sanctum

To be honest, if what spotter has written is accurate, and I have no doubt in my mind it isn't. It's a global initiative / fix - so it'll get here quickly unless they see major technical issues

Their proposal is still absurd times for ANZ... For any server worldwide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,248 battles

UTC+8 player here, but I share your feelings.

WG probably did not feel anything seriously wrong with CB season I, so they kept basically everything from that season. It seem that WG doesn't do well in terms of listening to the player base. They don't seem to care much about complaints, especially when it's not from NA/EU region.

I wonder if this idea of mine works

1. Extend the prime time by 2 hours in each direction

2. When a clan starts their first CB during one such prime time, a timer starts, and within the next three hours they can participate in CB

3. Reduce the team size to 4v4 with 1BB no CV limit. This would allow ships weak against concentrated fire (for example Zao or the WiP France) more room to flex their muscles,  make team assembly far easier, make team coordination easier especially for small clans with little experience in tournament-ish battles. Also use mid tier maps instead of high tier ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles
3 hours ago, Bitrot said:

Yeah read the patch notes, and gah!  Same time slot for NZ, 1AM - 4AM. 

What interesting is the advertised days are actually all wrong for NZ!  It's not Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday BUT Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday :-)

I likely join in one battle for the free reset.

 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
590 posts
2,995 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Their proposal is still absurd times for ANZ... For any server worldwide.

Yeah - As a south australian, with a potato internet connection - I understand all too well. 

Maybe I should move to perth, tokyo, SNG..... but finding a job there in my profession would be hard :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[151ST]
Member
1,014 posts
4,526 battles
Just now, tc1259 said:

Yeah - As a south australian, with a potato internet connection - I understand all too well. 

Maybe I should move to perth, tokyo, SNG..... but finding a job there in my profession would be hard :P

Yeah but then what about playing with all your mates in your clan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

my time zone is +7, but the time to play CB quite hard<< high traffic too many people online connection never good, even server cant handle as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[PEEDZ]
Member
22 posts
5,771 battles

More 4am finishes for me..

fml, thx again, just what I wanted. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
10 minutes ago, FenrirApalis said:

Why don't they just make the timeframe bigger so people can have more space to work with

Because cheaters apparently :fish_cute_2:

Edited by LordTyphoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[151ST]
Member
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

To all ANZ clans, 151 and 1AN had a scrim series on Saturday, why don't we run that every Saturday arvo/night, myself and some of you more active folks organise the scrims, maybe even have a few people commit $15 each and make a tourney of it? Rewards given to winning clan to spend as they choose, split or for containers or something?

Edited by S4pp3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[151ST]
Member
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

The $15 was an idea, would be per clan. If 5+ clans something like crates for clan:

3rd $15

2nd $15-30

1st $45+

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

They probably don't think there is an issue, after all last season almost no Aus/NZ clans played, so clearly we just aren't interested, hence why move the hours!

Look on the bright side - for those living in NSW/Vic and NZ, the last five weeks of the season will be an hour earlier!  :P

As someone living on the eastern seaboard of Aus, these times are actually perfect for me since clan battle start time is exactly when I am able to get on, plus I am pretty much nocturnal.  Unfortunately it seems difficult to do clan battles solo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[1NATN]
[1NATN]
Member
407 posts
15,033 battles

I am entirely unsurprised at how few f***s WG seem to give about the AU/NZ player base.

How about just enabling Team Battles again for the AU/NZ TZ. No one in Asia will give a rats a** if they miss out on that. At least we had CVs for that mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×