You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

I got TK'd by my CV yesterday.

9 comments in this topic

324 posts
4,673 battles

The incident was so bizarre I just have to post, though I understand forum rules prevent naming names.

Suffice to say: Independence (T6 US CV), with a clan tag too.

I was in N. Mex., 4 CV random battle. One of the enemy CV had sent a single torpedo bomber squadron my way and I'd just threaded that torp spread (taking two hits, shooting down two planes ... not a great trade) when the alarm went off again, this time from the opposite side, behind my back as it were. 3 hits and sunk. All this happened in our spawn in Fault Line, no enemy ships within 10 km. My first reaction was to think I must have missed a second enemy squadron, but checking the kill ticker showed green on green.

Wow.

There had been some activity in chat a few minutes earlier. Turns out he'd sunk another of our ships before mine. I was focused on other things at the time though, and - one of the problems with SEA and the multi-language player base  - no one clearly explained in chat what was going on, just some frantic map pings and "???"s. The weirdest thing was that this came literally out of the blue. After the usual opening pleasantries chat had been silent. No indication at all that the CV was upset, or otherwise had any ax to grind, and the battle progress was unremarkable.

He was sunk around the time he sunk me, but of course we had no chance of winning by that point.

So there you are. Stay safe out there! You never know what you'll have to deal with.

Edited by Rina_Pon

324 posts
4,673 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Nothing bizarre about teamkillers.   Multiplayer games are always populated by the occasional arsehole.

Yeah, I get that. TK incidents usually fall into one of three categories though: a) genuine mistakes of various levels of stupidity, b) kids at low tiers having laugh while trying the game, and c) salt-related "road rage". Having a T6 CV go postal on me out of the blue is bizarre to the nth.

Speaking of TK, I had was trading shots with a Clemson in my Wyoming last night when it suddenly exploded. Turns out she had blundered past a covering island and straight into the a friendly Isokaze's torp spread heading my way. Fairly typical low tier "type a" event. Isokaze's torps were highly speculative - he was too far back to have range on me, but at the time he launched them the Clemson was likely well out of his line of vision and I can totally understand why he'd want to send some fish down that channel just in case. It was the timing that made it comedy gold though.

Edited by Rina_Pon

1,028 posts
7,497 battles

On 2/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, Rina_Pon said:

All this happened in our spawn in Fault Line, no enemy ships within 10 km

You can always use screen shots as evidence. If that friendly CV killed you with torps, it will show in the “detailed results” screen.

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

Idiots are everywhere, I was Torpedoed Tk'd in a ranked game. Ocean map my DD was capping A, my torp warning is sounding, fair enough 2 Japanese DD in front had fired torps at me which were missing. Booom I'm dead, didn't think to look behind me for team mate torps. Nearest enemy was 9km away, not even in the Cap. No way the idiot who spammed his torps at A was ever going to hit enemy.

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles
On 2/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, Rina_Pon said:

Yeah, I get that. TK incidents usually fall into one of three categories though: a) genuine mistakes of various levels of stupidity, b) kids at low tiers having laugh while trying the game, and c) salt-related "road rage". Having a T6 CV go postal on me out of the blue is bizarre to the nth.

Speaking of TK, I had was trading shots with a Clemson in my Wyoming last night when it suddenly exploded. Turns out she had blundered past a covering island and straight into the a friendly Isokaze's torp spread heading my way. Fairly typical low tier "type a" event. Isokaze's torps were highly speculative - he was too far back to have range on me, but at the time he launched them the Clemson was likely well out of his line of vision and I can totally understand why he'd want to send some fish down that channel just in case. It was the timing that made it comedy gold though.

My quickest game ever lasted under a minute, the Kamikaze beside my CV took 47 seconds to load his torps which he then fired at my CV for no apparent reason.