You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Missouri - does anyone actually get 750,000 XP without converting?

48 comments in this topic

316 posts
4,638 battles

I could get Missouri today if I wanted. I have about 150k free XP and another 800k or more XP banked on elite ships.

It would require over 25,000 doubloons to convert the XP though, or about $100 US.

As probably the most desirable premium ship in the game, the price tag is not unreasonable I guess. (two and a half Atagos, approximately) Is that how most people obtain this ship though, or do most people actually manage to accumulate 750k free XP without converting? How many games would that take, even?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

sitting at around 500k as well and didnt use a single cent to convert, infact if i handndt blown 350k skipping the saint louis i would have already gotten the missourimissourimissouri 

354 posts
9,048 battles

I'm on 625k atm and will probably have to pay at most $10 for it. I too would already have it if I hadn't used 200k to get my 1st 19pt skipper (it was worth it though and, at the time, I didn't know Misery was going away).

Edited by Moldavia

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,579 battles

i got mine just less than 2 months ago back in dec 2017 and didnt convert using any mohney

would have gotten it sooner if i didnt blow 170K fxp jumping ibuki to zao

even now today im sitting at 248K fxp after some hard grind in operation 

well if you suffer like me go thru stock ships you are gonna accumulate 750K fxp 

316 posts
4,638 battles

S4pp3R 500k+/3.5k battles : >140 freeXP/battle

drakon233 850k/16k battles : 50 freeXP/battle

Moldavia 825k/5k battles : 165 free XP/battle

ahwai82 1170k/8k battles : 146 free XP/battle

About 5-6,000 battles required. Quite a grind, but do-able if you dedicate the time and don't use the XP for other things. Out of reach for me.

No one will admit to converting the XP then? :3

(I realize I'm using battle numbers which aren't counting coop/operations, but we'll have to just run with that.)

Edited by Rina_Pon

24 posts
11,566 battles

yes

I begin accumulate free exp for Missouri around 1 year ago. and play around 3,000-4,000 game with 1 year premium account.

now I got both Missouri and Musashi with out convert free exp + 100,000 remain.

Edited by YoongBinShukTH

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,579 battles
6 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

About 5-6,000 battles required. Quite a grind, but do-able if you dedicate the time and don't use the XP for other things. Out of reach for me.

(I realize I'm using battle numbers which aren't counting coop/operations, but we'll have to just run with that.)

in random battles i never really use the flag or camo much, just not consistent as you will take losses

i was sitting at around 525k fxp back in dec, but rightly so operation narai is on so use all the camo plus flag is save up and take in like 6 to 8K fxp per match hence i got missouri in just 3 days

you are sitting now at 150K, you need to buy doubloons to convert if not just forget it and go for musashi

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,638 battles
18 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

until 0.7.2, wait for 1/35 discount?:cap_yes:

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Missouri - does anyone actually get 750,000 XP without converting?

me.. i m one of many. the poor man method.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

I got the Missouri and Musashi without converting. Have enough for the Nelson but am still contemplating if I should get it.

I do run Premium time though, so I suppose they weren't completely free.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

It take me a year to save ~600k free exp even don't usually have premium account (only if i have plenty of time to play) and only have harekaze is tier 8 premium ship, so it not impossible, you just need time to save up.

But i think i will gonna pay for the rest since seem like i don't have enough time left to grind:cap_tea:

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

should we mention who got Missouri without converting?

i think mid or end of Feb they will 35-1 again for get Missouri...

188 posts
1,716 battles

I will confess guy's. Yep, I did some converting. 

I started with a "rainy day" Free XP bank of 410k and was considering the Nelson. When the News dropped about "Mighty Mo" disappearing, it was what the heck, I will regret it if I don't pick it up. So with Alabama, Tirpitz, Hood and DoY under one arm and a fist full of economic camos and signals under the other. I dived into co-op battles. It took about 5 days but it was worth it. I think that 5 days cost me about 10K in doubloons. 

A side benefit was the commander XP and credits picked up along the way.

If I had missed out on the Missouri, I am certain too have cried tears of blood.

All the best

Alex

B_T23

188 posts
1,716 battles
10 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

should we mention who got Missouri without converting?

i think mid or end of Feb they will 35-1 again for get Missouri...

Hope so. I'm back to commander training.

Alex

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I could get Missouri today if I wanted. I have about 150k free XP and another 800k or more XP banked on elite ships.

It would require over 25,000 doubloons to convert the XP though, or about $100 US.

As probably the most desirable premium ship in the game, the price tag is not unreasonable I guess. (two and a half Atagos, approximately) Is that how most people obtain this ship though, or do most people actually manage to accumulate 750k free XP without converting? How many games would that take, even?

One of my clan mate do it in 1 year using all his available free boost from events, flags and camos, ... Etc.

He got 600k free exp throughout the long grind and rush the 150k free exp with all possible freebies in 3 days since he fear it would be gone next patch.

491 posts
7,634 battles

I was at around 500k FXP give or take and just converted the last 250k as I got a bit impatient after watching a great Mighty Mo replay sent it to a youtuber. Might have been Jingles.

Easiest 1 credit I have spent ever. It's go time!:etc_red_button:

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles
3 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I've used a lot over those battles. Like A LOT. So 500k is not accurate for 3.5k battles.

Trick I use is anytime there's bonuses to first win, stack all XP flags and best Camo on all your best ships for first win, you can score 10k free in good games.

One of the best runs I had was after I got Kii there was a +300% bonus to it, so scored so much free XP over that period (I'm a decent IJN BB player).

250 posts
13,154 battles

I'm the only few people who hasn't convert any doubloons into free XP .
the day Missouri was announced years ago is the first day I start collecting free XP from 10k to 750k in November last year. 
and this is only accounted only premium accounts and rare occasional papa flags (no camo and special flags whatsoever since its expensive to get). 
all I have to do is play regularly. it will take you awhile until you get a halfway toward 750k XP

however after introduction of operations especially narai, you can start spam flags and camo without fear of wasting your precious camo/flags. That way you can get 750k in around 3-4 months since operations give more consistent result than random battles providing you win 5 stars operation.

also it take me 3 months to get nelson after I got Missouri 

next goal is musashi for another 750k FXP

warned: in order to achieve this, you have to accept the fact you can't use free XP to unlock modules or get new  ship or you will drag your progress down.

shot-18.01.16_18.11.33-0547.jpg

shot-18.01.28_22.35.56-0978.jpg

273 posts
23,602 battles

The best way to grind the Free XP necessary before the 7.2 update is to play lots of games on the Missouri!

Oh riiiiiiiiiight *smug grin* 

My 520 games on the Missouri is the only reason I could get Nelson and Musashi on the days they were released without exchanging a doubloon in my life :P

I realize Im not being helpful here, I'll show myself out.

455 posts
8,038 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I got most of my fxp for missouri through clan battles by stacking fxp flags. I believe that in cb with the 300% xp bonus and putting all the fxp flags and camos, you could get 30-40k fxp in a single win, though I didnt have all the flags so i only got around 12k per win. And then used the dubs i got from clan wars to convert around 75k fxp, all the rest was grinded in a month or two