You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_224

Does Yamato need a buff?

Does Yamato need a buff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Does Yamato need a buff?

2. 2. If so, what kind of buff would be useful for her?

• Lowered citadel (USN levels)
    • Super-heal
    • Improved secondaries?
    • Slightly improved turret traverse
    • Improved rudder shift?
    • None?

28 comments in this topic

118 posts
1,833 battles

Title says it all.

I feel that the Yamato looks rather... lackluster compared to the other tier 10 BBs. Right now, she is just basically a XP/Credits piñata for any HE spammer.

So, does Yammy need a buff right now?

Edited by Admiral_224

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Like really, does it need it. Im doubtful as it is the premier sniper in game with a bulky healthpool to shrug off hits.

ASIA meta isnt kind to it, but it doesnt mean it need a buff. It fulfill its niche very well, although wether the team need that niche or not is another story.

A one trick pony i guess.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Oh wow one of the minority thinking that Yamato is lackluster.

Yeah she might be boring to play at times thanks to how she handles. (Both guns and Current Meta combined)
Having the ability to lolpen 32mm of armor kind of making her worth a while compare to other BB like Montana, G. Kurfurst considering some Cruisers has 30mm of armor which can bounce 16" guns.

Yamato is powerful for that one department .... just one everything else is ...yeah lackluster.
If you find Yamato is not your thing then you might wanna try Battleships of other nations saving time and trouble trying to debate about which one is the best or even trying to get her buff.

If both GK and Montana could handle those cruisers with 30mm of armor, Yamato will truly be lackluster but meh I'm not the one making the decision.

273 posts
1,220 battles

space_battleship_potato_by_angusmctavish-d9ghqeo.png

That's my battleship!!

Back to the topic...how I wish to upgrade the guns 460mm to 660mm so can citadel every ship irregardless of angle.

Edited by Hey_Potato

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

dude we can't even vote no properly

if you think Yamato needs a buff u need to l2p

Actually just git gudder, having a Yamato means you are no newbie 

Edited by FenrirApalis

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
12 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

this topic seems familiar

hmmm was it about "Maus Need a Buff?"

Not many people will get it if they dont play WoT. Instead ask does Midway right now need a buff ? :Smile_sceptic:

207 posts
8,167 battles

how about buff yamato player....
really, in this server so many Yamato player who still thinking yamato is best BB for solo and charging alone to enemy  like their Yamato is so invicible....

every T10 BB is XP pinata for HE Spammer especially GK thr most easy ship to set a fire lol

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
32 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

how about buff yamato player....
really, in this server so many Yamato player who still thinking yamato is best BB for solo and charging alone to enemy  like their Yamato is so invicible....

every T10 BB is XP pinata for HE Spammer especially GK thr most easy ship to set a fire lol

erm, no. GK is the most resistant ship to HE spam becasue 203 shells shatter a lot on her deck and sides, the weakest ship to HE spam is hands down conq, 4-6k salvos from anything with 203+ guns

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Does a ship require a buff? It depends on whether the said ship is able to perform her role well enough in average hands.

Does Yamato need a buff? Personally I do not think so. She is an amazing gun platform and her job is to spread terror of overmatch hype. She does her job damn well.

Let's go through the options: Citadel position, that's like her one of the two weaknesses. She is not a brawler, hence if you are getting cit hit in yamato, it means you are playing her wrong, and hence no buffs required to the "ship". Also the same reason why her turret traverse is also fine. You do not shoot left and right with Yamato, you grab a position, and hold it like a fortress. I also believe secondaries on yamato aren't really worth talking about and fine as is. Increasing secondaries will barely make any impact for average playerbase anyway. Her other weakness is AA, but I think that is not a problem either. Not all ships should have monster AA.

Yamato is still the deadliest damage dealer battleship in tier 10.

IMO, for current TX BBs:

Yamato -> Meant to be tank concealment build.

Montana -> AA and concealment build.

GK -> secondary and tank build.

Mongqueror -> sell it, just another tank concealment candidate.

6 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

erm, no. GK is the most resistant ship to HE spam becasue 203 shells shatter a lot on her deck and sides,

GK is most easy to set fire is what he said, and that is true. GK has the biggest size, and hard to miss. And I'm pretty sure shattered HE can set on fire too.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Edit the poll, if a user chooses 'No' then put 'None' in the buff choices. Users are still required to answer the 2nd question.

On-topic: 

15 hours ago, Admiral_224 said:

Right now, she is just basically a XP/Credits piñata for any HE spammer.

Why do you think the buff should only apply to Yamato when that is also an issue for other big (and wide) battleships? (FdG & GK said, Guten Tag)

Yeah, I recognize that issue on the Yamato (which I have been playing in random & clan battles, FdG as well) but the positive side is that those "HE spammer" won't deal much damage after reducing certain part of the ship to zero, which is an actually good game mechanic. Though I played Yamato differently: (1) read the map (for where the enemy going) then plan out, (2) Bow forward or angled, (3) don't go near frontline (just 2nd line) & get critical damage to the enemy because of 2.1 sigma & aiming system upgrade for accuracy.

For fire prevention, I have DamCon (reduce risk) & 2 (reduce time), and fire prevention (reduce fire chance) & reduce fire & flooding time perks.

One question though... did you convey that issue from a friend or something? Because you don't have a Yamato and I wonder why you raise such suggestion to buff it, although Iowa counted in the concern but why Yamato?

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,469 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Poll is flawed.  2nd question doesnt have "nothing is needed"

And where is the 'More Bacon Option'? Because (a) Every poll needs bacon, and (b) adding bacon as an option would make this poll 456% more relevant. 

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,776 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yamato -> Meant to be tank concealment build.

Montana -> AA and concealment build.

GK -> secondary and tank build.

Mongqueror -> sell it, just another tank concealment candidate.

All concealment build

need more improve stealth 

*cough*

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
15 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

All concealment build

need more improve stealth 

*cough*

5a72f12e7e01e_1200px-Future_USS_Zumwalts_first_underway_at_sea.thumb.jpg.02b330742c56905ca502bba3e55464e4.jpg

Maybe Japan can jump time and bring this back as the new Yamato , you know ...

273 posts
1,220 battles
17 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

5a72f12e7e01e_1200px-Future_USS_Zumwalts_first_underway_at_sea.thumb.jpg.02b330742c56905ca502bba3e55464e4.jpg

Maybe Japan can jump time and bring this back as the new Yamato , you know ...

This ship is deployed by the drug cartel to transport drugs from south america