You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hanger556

Do you regret purchasing that boat?

44 comments in this topic

6 posts
2,758 battles

Do you have any premium ships you regret purchasing?

When I first started WOWS a friend bought me the Arizona, and to this day it remains one of my favourite ships to use. I bought the Atlanta while it was on sale, and while it's a crazy boat to play, I don't regret buying her. I waited for the Tirptiz to go on sale and she's handles almost exactly how I'd imagine she'd play. I even bought the Scharnhorst, and while her playstyle isn't really my thing I do take her out every now and then for a spin.

One ship I do regret is the Alabama. I waited and waited for her to come back on sale and finally snapped her up just before Xmas in 2017. And since then...it's been a little disappointing.

It's mainly been her firepower: I'm used to the bullshit accurate guns on the Arizona and Missouri which are capable of landing a shell or two even at near-max range and I've struggled to adjust to the horizontal-shotgun that is her gunnery. To be fair, this is more my inability to adapt to her rather than a criticism of the Alabama; I know in the hands of other captains she's capable of wrecking havoc. And I did earned the last few thousand XP for the Missouri while using the Alabama, so I guess it's good that I got her.

Havine said that, since the Missouri arrived I haven't used Alabama once. The Missouri (for all intents and purposes) is a bigger badder Alabama/NC and handles the kick up into tier X games better than Alabama. So there Alabama sits, mothballed in port. If I could refund or exchange her for a different ship I would.

Which is sad, really. She's a nice boat, just not to my liking.

What ships do you regret purchasing? Was it because it wasn't OP like you hoped, or it just didn't suit your style?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

the only ship i really regretted gettinv was the arizona during the prem discounts last christmas, because i think i would have liked the warspite more, apart from that there's nothing i'd say i really regret getting

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,112 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

the only ship i really regretted gettinv was the arizona during the prem discounts last christmas, because i think i would have liked the warspite more, apart from that there's nothing i'd say i really regret getting

as a person who has both, they're both fun as heck.

Arizona is like the Brickbat to end all Brickbats.

Warspite is, well, a Grand Old Lady.

Don't really have a Premium I regret getting, maybe the Saipan since I don't use it a lot? >insert Year of the CV Joke here<

203 posts
11,788 battles

Indianapolis.

• Cruisers with 203mm has never been any exciting to play thanks to its RoF.
  • Larger than Pensacola.
  • WAY slower rudder shift time compared to Pensacola.
  • Having one less gun than Pensacola.
  • Same Kind of AA Firepower as Pensacola. (Suffering from having 127mm Single mount DPs)

All those bad things I mentioned above for T9 Radar on T7 ship and better armor. 
This "Better" armor doesn't do anything when it comes to taking hits, Battleships still go through it like butter and HE shells from Cruisers still do damage and you'll be taking more hits since you're larger.

Yubari.

• VERY lightly armored Cruiser, it is SO LIGHT it suffer from citadel damage from HE shells.
  • VERY low hp pool for its tier.
  • VERY narrow torpedo launching angle.
  • VERY limited "Special Gimmick" usage, 3 times at the most.
  • "Special Gimmick" is effective for SELF DEFENSE unles you're planning to hug someone.
  • Four guns. (Insane accuracy but still .... 4 guns)

Unless you want to have a demo of what DFAA does to CVs I'll say this ship doesn't offer much.

Yeah I regret buying these ships but I can't deny the time I spent on them, its not 100% good time but its still an experience.
I never lost money running prem ship (OF COURSE) so that's something as well I guess.

1,490 posts
3 hours ago, MikuChrome said:

Indianapolis.

• Larger than Pensacola.
  • Same Kind of AA Firepower as Pensacola. (Suffering from having 127mm Single mount DPs)

All those bad things I mentioned above for T9 Radar on T7 ship and better armor. 
This "Better" armor doesn't do anything when it comes to taking hits, Battleships still go through it like butter and HE shells from Cruisers still do damage and you'll be taking more hits since you're larger.

I would have to agree here, Indianapolis is my choice too, I barely have any fun in her, radar or not. 

Mainly I find the guns load way too slow & the rudder is too dumpy. 

Ordrazz

520 posts
11,127 battles

Sigh, Sad to say, Ill have to agree with the Indianapolis as mentioned by MikuChrome.  I really really like the ship.. but... its super squishy, as in... no matter what I do... unlucky shots seems to become lucky if shot at an Indy... BUT, im still trying to learn from it. lol...   I believe they should give it a little better accuracy buff or something like that.

[Quote:
Indianapolis.

• Larger than Pensacola.

This "Better" armor doesn't do anything when it comes to taking hits, Battleships still go through it like butter and HE shells from Cruisers still do damage and you'll be taking more hits since you're larger.]

[LONER]
60 posts
2,587 battles

The presence of the Admiral Graf Spee and the Bismarck were the main reasons I started playing this game, and I don’t regret getting the Graf Spee, despite its trolly RNG guns. I do regret my impatience, and getting the HSF version, instead of waiting for the normal version, and I can’t justify the money now, to buy the exact same ship a second time. :fish_palm:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

Most of my ships have been won so there are no regrets.   I did buy the Belfast and you can never regret that because I cant get my karma any lower than it is.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

Campbelltown. 

And the regret is you should have bought a cup of coffee instead?

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
14 hours ago, Hanger556 said:

One ship I do regret is the Alabama.

I got Alabama from an Xmas crate, still trying to play all those ships from the containers.

492 posts
7,643 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

And the regret is your should have bought a cup of coffee instead?

It has been said that there are cafes where the cost of a Campbelltown would stretch to a mugachino and a banana bread. :Smile-_tongue:

492 posts
7,643 battles
12 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I got Alabama from an Xmas crate, still trying to play all those ships from the containers.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I know bad pun..............lead balloon time. :Smile_hiding:

I was lucky enough to get 13 or 14 prems with a modest outlay through the crates this time around. Have not had the time to play more than probably 5 or 6 of them. Played 'Bama for a handful of games but had to get back to my grinds.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Don't really regret any of my purchases.

Getting the HSF Graf Spee despite already owning the normal version was worth it because lol anime.

My Krasnyi Krym was bought just to fool around in. I was't expecting myself to be amazing in it.

Same for my Ashitaka, which I got with the full intention of using it in the T7 scenarios. I may decide to use it in Randoms sometimes, but I don't expect great things from it.

The rest of my bought Premiums have been loads of fun.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

There are a couple that I regret now, but that is purely a result of changes to the game, esp MM.

Murmansk and Texas. Mainly because T5 gets reamed by T4 preferential MM forcng T5 to T7 so often.

Now the Murmansk, for a long time I recommended this as a great first premium, and with care you can still do well in it. Top tier it is still a beast. T7 games, if you keep your distance and use the spotter you can contribute, so long as you Dodge n weave.

Texas, well appart from the AA it is just a New York with very slightly better gn angles. And the New York is the worst T5 BB. There has been some serious T5 power creep in BBs. Against noob CVs it's AA is still hilarious, but in T6/7 games it is such hard work. Even when top tier the speed and wonky guns just don't make it fun.

And I really used to like the Murmansk :Smile_sad:

Edited by j0e90

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The premium ships I bought with real money are Warspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, and Tirpitz. I did not regret them as I need them for my captain training, and the middle tier ships are my credit printing and at the same time, stress relieving.

183 posts
3,790 battles
11 hours ago, luftkopf said:

The presence of the Admiral Graf Spee and the Bismarck were the main reasons I started playing this game, and I don’t regret getting the Graf Spee, despite its trolly RNG guns. I do regret my impatience, and getting the HSF version, instead of waiting for the normal version, and I can’t justify the money now, to buy the exact same ship a second time. :fish_palm:

Why though. HSF Graf Spee is literally better than the non-HSF version thanks to the +100% free exp bonus of the camouflage.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

And the regret is you should have bought a cup of coffee instead?

It's just that IMO the guns are soooooo meh that she's worse than any of the tech tree dd's.

For the price I paid for her, and the price I pay for coffee, I get about 3-4 weeks perked coffees.

273 posts
1,220 battles

shot-18_01.30_18_10.36-0571.jpg.3881e23de7c9e59af96216cac9930777.jpg

Puny and useless guns. Last night close range 1 salvo to dd 3k...WTF...if with a cleveland will instantly delete a 4.5k hp dd. Regretted getting it...really a suck ship with low damage compared to my other t6 CA. Even my stock Nurnberg is much better