Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Black__Melody

My game connects so slow?

10 comments in this topic

106 posts
6 分鐘前,Gummilicious 說:

Is normal to take minutes to enter the game

But the question,it took my 5 minutes to enter the game,the others were playing already meanwhile I was still connection

1,340 posts
8,858 battles

Could be your hard drive is busy doing something in the background, especially if it is a normal one and not an SSD.

It happens to me sometimes as well. I will take a long time to load match, then when I check I see that one of my other games usually has started downloading an update. 

I pause that and voila, WoWs instantly loads.

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles

Nah, sometimes game can take quite a while to connect. It's annoying as hell. But I am certain that nothing else was running. And I have so much ram that it barely matters if I use HDD or SSD.

354 posts
9,048 battles

If I've just booted my PC, I'll usually give it 1 game in coop just to make sure everything's cached and ready to go.

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
38 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

If I've just booted my PC, I'll usually give it 1 game in coop just to make sure everything's cached and ready to go.

It happens to me randomly. For example, first 3 games went smoothly, then on the 4th game it is stuck on loading screen for 2-5 minutes. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Talking about minute or 5 to enter/load the battle, I can blame it on slow game data transfer of the harddisc.

Though for this game (especially in middle to top tier), players really need a fast data transfer harddrive (may it be SSD, 7200 or higher RPM harddrive) to load the game data fast.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,490 posts

What I got my local Internet cafe to was to run a texture compression mod.... it preloads the maps on slower computers, & only sacrifices a small amount of quality..... 

There are different percentages like, 25%, 50% etc.... 

Look up texture compression... remember they are version sensitive

Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this