You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

How to Algerie

7 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

I feel that I'm sailing the Algerie the wrong way. I play it like how I play Shchors and Chapayev which is long-range kiting. Somehow I could not make it work as my winrate is pitiful on the Algerie compared to the Shchors. Some tips and pointers are highly appreciated.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

She is a midrange support cruiser like Myoko. Put your speed to good use and dodge shells. And do the typical cruiser thing. Annoy bigger ships and scare smaller ones. You can be aggressive when you out number the flank you are opposing. However, be careful around BBs.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LBAS]
4,504 posts
25,688 battles

similar to Hipper, but you cant tank(Hipper has better armor), shell high arc, try to dodge shell << armor like Pepsicola, AA~ trash, she is not a brawler (hipper can do it)

best solution >> hard grind in Operation

Upgrades

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM030_MainWeapoWows_icon_modernization_PCM033_Guidance_Wows_icon_modernization_PCM025_SteeringG          Wows_icon_modernization_PCM036_SpeedBoos/Wows_icon_modernization_PCM020_DamageCon

Edited by MatterCore

173 posts
5,332 battles

yeah I'm used to the high dpm soviets so I struggle with the slow shell speed of the french. Long range I struggle to hit cruisers. And because its long reload, I can't support the DD like I do with my Chappy. Looks like farming BB is the only thing Algerie is good at I suppose.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

sail up saw bb use speed boost shoot and wasd hax also use island cover

your gimmick is speed boost, with speed boost on hard for bb to hit you..no speed boost time to kite dont be the target but still use your guns to burn bb

always keep moving find cover play smart even in T9 match it's not that bad as the ship have the range

i actually have some fun with algerie even in t8 t9 match, be the annoying ship that enemy team think its a easy kill and make them fail 

GLHF :cap_like:

325 posts
4,688 battles

I have to admit that facing her I don't mentally class Algerie at the same threat level as other T7 cruisers like Belfast, Fiji, Shchors even Myoko, but more of an Aoba-level or even Furutaka-level annoyance.

I'm sure you can have a great game with that ship and score tons of damage (as you can with an Aoba), just that in my experience they do not leave the impression on the battlefield as being all that powerful.

Like the Aoba, it's probably a ship where you have to be resigned to contributing in lots of small moments rather than a few great ones. Focus on support, survival, and chipping away at the enemy bit by bit.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles
15 hours ago, KirstieBeau said:

I feel that I'm sailing the Algerie the wrong way. I play it like how I play Shchors and Chapayev which is long-range kiting. Somehow I could not make it work as my winrate is pitiful on the Algerie compared to the Shchors. Some tips and pointers are highly appreciated.

You can try long range flanking where you try to catch broadside using your speed , zipping around flanks and spread fires. I find that french ships are fast enough to shift angles and are not as constricted into being second line firesupport