Sign in to follow this  
Spotter

About Clan Wars Primetime!!!

36 comments in this topic

461 posts
525 battles

Dear captains!

Thanks to your support, the first season of clan battles was a success, and the second one is just about to begin. However, some of you, especially those who live outside of most populated time zones, cannot fully engage in the clan battles due to uncomfortable primetimes.

Primetime is still something that we need for clan battles, as it allows faster queues with adequate diversity of opponents. Furthermore, we don’t want this new and exciting game mode to turn into a second job that needed the teams to play without breaks. That said, we still want the mode to be available for all clans, no matter where their members live.

This is why we’re working on a way to solve the uncomfortable primetime issue once and for all. The core principle is that you will be able to participate in the other servers’ clan battles during their respective primetimes. It means, that even when most of players on your server are offline and it’s past the primetime, you’ll still be able to find a worthy opponent on a different server. In addition, you will receive all the appropriate rewards and improve your rating, while your accounts will remain on your chosen server. This leads us to another positive outcome: global clan rating. All the clan battle participants will be able to show their skills to other players around the world.

Obviously, the most burning question right now would be: “When will you implement this feature?”. Currently we can’t tell you the exact version number (or clan battles season for that matter), but we can assure you, that we are taking all the measures to bring this to life. We see this as one of top priorities for the game and THE top priority for development of our clan community.

Thanks again for your support and involvement!

~~Spotter~~

And thanks once again for all you patience and understanding. :cap_like:

• Cool 2

746 posts
19,634 battles

Progress of sorts.

Still no CVs however.
Still only 1 x BB.
Still Tier X locked.

The best competitive modes of this game have had no such limitations.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,813 posts
29,480 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/149114-cvc-and-prime-time-matching/

sause from NA staff

Dear Captains!

Thanks to your support, the first season of clan battles was a success, and the second one is just about to begin! However some of you, especially those who live outside of most populated time zones, cannot fully engage in Clan battles due to your normal play time.

Primetime is still something that we need for clan battles, as it allows faster queues with adequate diversity of opponents. Furthermore, we don’t want this new and exciting game mode to turn into a second job that needed the teams to play without breaks. That said, we still want the mode to be available for all clans, no matter where their members live.

This is why we’re working on a way to solve the Primetime issue once and for all! The core principle is that you will be able to participate in the other servers’ clan battles during their respective primetimes. It means, that even when most of players on your server are offline and it’s past their primetime, you’ll still be able to find a worthy opponent on a different server. In addition, you will receive all the appropriate rewards and ratings, while your accounts will remain on your chosen server. This leads us to another feature: Global Clan Rating. All the clan battle participants will be able to show their skills to other players around the world.

Obviously, the most burning question right now would be: “When will you implement this feature?”. Currently we can’t tell you the exact version number (or Clan Battles season for that matter), but we can assure you, that we are taking every measure we can to bring it to life. We see this as one of the top priorities for the game and THE top priority for development of our clan community.

Thanks again for your support and involvement!

frankly, i actually kinda feel bad for NA/EU/RU, it's going to be open season there once the cross server tourny actually starts

Edited by drakon233

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,096 posts
10,120 battles

Yet.............in the wisdom of WG we cant use our accounts on other servers....................

[LEAK]
Alpha Tester
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Similar/Duplicate threads merged.

~amade

[151ST]
4,048 posts
13,372 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/149114-cvc-and-prime-time-matching/

Ummmm... are you serious...

Do they even check the timezone differences??

Let me break it down for you.

ANZ CB NA times would be:
2pm-ish following day 250-300ping
EU would be 2am ish 350+ping

Multi-server accounts is definitely a direction the game should take (so all accounts can share premium/ships/planes/tanks) but this will not solve anything. Most people I know can't stand ping over 100ms (ANZ gets 100-150 on SG) and that's with 'the best' internet.

So let me get this straight, they listen to the issue and then don't think about the solution? Seriously, hire me - I'm only UX/Graphic Design qualified but even I could understand the player base better than this...

746 posts
19,634 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

ANZ CB NA times would be:
2pm-ish following day 250-300ping

I get around 100 ping on NA.. I don't notice even the slightest bit of difference from playing on SEA with around 30.

[151ST]
4,048 posts
13,372 battles
3 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

I get around 100 ping on NA.. I don't notice even the slightest bit of difference from playing on SEA with around 30.

Highly surprising, based on those numbers I'm guessing you are measuring ping and not RTT?

Either way, I was giving a general estimate based on my friends/clans pings in memory. Yes - partly anecdotal, for that I apologise but still will not be far off for most AUS players...

746 posts
19,634 battles

I'm going off the in game ping indicator. It surprised me too, I used to play FPS games on NA servers from time to time and 250 ping made it borderline unplayable. Warships isn't quite as fast moving I suppose so the difference is much harder to discern.

[151ST]
4,048 posts
13,372 battles
8 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

I'm going off the in game ping indicator. It surprised me too, I used to play FPS games on NA servers from time to time and 250 ping made it borderline unplayable. Warships isn't quite as fast moving I suppose so the difference is much harder to discern.

TBH

I would say bug, simply because the best ping I ever got was 190-something and in a different game, all others have been 200+

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,197 posts
8,647 battles

I play WoWp on NA, ping in the 200+, range win rate 71% (since 2,0. 53% pre-2.0 ) and that is a fast moving game unlike WoWs

At least WG is trying something. ANZ clans could get some CB's in on Sunday afternoon on the NA server.

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,660 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

TBH

I would say bug, simply because the best ping I ever got was 190-something and in a different game, all others have been 200+

I have had an NA account since not long after i got this one,and the ingame ping indicator as pretty much always showed  me 105ms ping from Melbourne Australia and very rarely any lag.

Ping to the ASIA server has varied from the OBT at 65ms,up to 150ms and quiet often will fluctuate by 10 to 20 ms while playing.And is often laggy.Did see 38ms last night,which I have never seen before,maybe Telstra finally got the SEA cable fixed properly!

I usually play on the NA more than ASIA because of it,although having just joined a local Clan I play here  more now to help get oil.

13 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yet.............in the wisdom of WG we cant use our accounts on other servers....................

Yep,global accounts is magic it is!

• Cool 1

[151ST]
4,048 posts
13,372 battles

Does it really matter given the times?

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
138 posts
22,963 battles
14 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

I have had the same experience as Bex with NA/SEA. I opened an NA account to see what it was like on that server, at Christmas time. Have played about 150 battles on it now, up to Tier X games, so have some empirical data to share.

Ping/FPS: For ping/FPS playability issues, there is no material difference for me - as a player - between playing SEA and NA. I am based in Sydney using an NBN FTP connection with up/down of about 95/30Mps, and an acceptable spec PC. So that's what it should be like. For NA, to be entirely clear, I haven't bothered to look very much at the FPS/ping indicators, or checked RTT myself - because playability is excellent compared to SEA. On SEA the ping/rtt varies a lot, including over the course of a game. NA seems much more stable, and like I said, it is just fine to play - no issues for me at all caused by anything that would make me suspect ping/RTT/lag/etc

Player numbers: It's been nice to have 15k+ players online on NA in the morning here in Sydney, at a time when SEA has 500-1,000 players only online. As the day goes on, the NA numbers gradually dwindle, but SEA numbers increase. So with the two accounts, I can always play a server with lots of people online.  Now linking accounts on the different servers would be a great idea - as other games have done - eg they allow players to pick which server/s they are using. And PLEASE integrate the doubloons/premium/etc between servers, WG it is a pain and a barrier to gaining players globally - the only reason it exists is for your internal business reasons, so please solve those business issues and make the game better for all players by integrating the servers.

Integrating servers: when it comes to player skills, I have found the NA server should fear the SEA server,. A lot. Oh sure, the very very top players on NA will be as good as the best anywhere else. But just grinding up the lines has been a LOT easier on NA compared to SEA, and I get a LOT better results on NA compared to SEA. Clearly I am not playing against the best players that NA has to offer. But then, I am a looooong way away from being amongt the best players that SEA has to offer ... so what @drakon223 said about it being open season makes much sense to me :)

CB Season 2 for ANZ region: I think that the message @Spotter has passed on shows that WG are aware of ANZ region playerss unhappiness, and want us to know that they are addressing the issue. It is unfortunate that there is no timetable for the solution. This makes the message, in substance, to the effect that "WG are aware you are unhappy, because there is an issue caused for you by WG's chosen Primetime for CB, and WG would like your patience and understanding, once again, because we don't know how or when we will fix the issue".

So we have no solution, and no timeline for a solution. We have yet another request for patience and understanding. It feels like I am being softened up for the announcement of exactly the same Primetime issue for CB season 2. Perhaps I am a bit too jaded, but that's the way it feels. I haven't yet looked up what the different Primetimes are for different servers, then converted those times into local ANZ region times. I am too afraid of what I will discover. But it does seem unlikely that WG would instruct @Spotter to post this message, without intending to actually solve the problem. So I will try to keep my hopes high, but I can tell you my expectations are pretty low after the history of this thing. One thing that makes sense to me though ... yes! hire @S4pp3R like he suggested, you could do a lot worse WG!

Edited by LargerNeptune3
  • Cool 2

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,096 posts
10,120 battles
8 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Ping to the ASIA server has varied from the OBT at 65ms,up to 150ms and quiet often will fluctuate by 10 to 20 ms while playing.And is often laggy.Did see 38ms last night,which I have never seen before,maybe Telstra finally got the SEA cable fixed properly!

I get 106ms on both servers consistently.

I cant figure it out as I ping about 160 on the wot server and about 20 on the Aus cluster and then about 260 on the WOT NA server.........

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,987 posts
47,078 battles

if WG dont extend time prior for CB, I shall run away from this season

WG bring CB at high traffic time <<no matter how good my connection, still lag and high ping

look like you, WG doesnt care about who live and play in others time zone, except UTC+8 right?

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,660 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I get 106ms on both servers consistently.

I cant figure it out as I ping about 160 on the wot server and about 20 on the Aus cluster and then about 260 on the WOT NA server.........

Are the servers for WoT and WoWs in the same location?If they aren't there must be some weird routing of the data between here and the various servers,above what we have seen  with WoWs.

I know at least with WoWs ASIA server it is very dependent on which ISP you are using ( at least in Australia ) from talks here with other players.

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,660 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 12:04 AM, MatterCore said:

if WG dont extend time prior for CB, I shall run away from this season

WG bring CB at high traffic time <<no matter how good my connection, still lag and high ping

look like you, WG doesnt care about who live and play in others time zone, except UTC+8 right?

Mmm,does the China server have Clans?Maybe link ASIA to them for Clan Battles.There would have to be plenty of clans there to keep the ques going at the right times.

[BRU]
2,725 posts

@Spotter Since this is a common issue for all servers with many time zones. I suggest making x number of battlefronts:

• Early Front (4PM~7PM server time) and Late Front (8PM~11PM server time) for Asia server
  • A Clan Commander has to choose 1 front and the clan is locked to that chosen battlefront.
  • Members outside of their clan's chosen battlefront have to decide to adjust or leave for another clan with their preferred battle time.
Edited by Mingfang47

461 posts
525 battles

Hello all,

I know this issue is still present during our 2nd season, please take note however that our Developers are doing everything they can to remedy and find a solution to this underlying problem we are facing with clan battles. They have however given us a glimpse on why they adjusted our clan battles timeframe to what it currently is now here:

For the benefit of those few, here is the message:

Sub_Octavian said:

Hello everyone,

Dear ASIA players,

Clan Battles mode limitations are mostly about match making, and match making is mostly about number of players available. In order to have adequate matching and queue time, we need to concentrate a group of clans in some limited window. The more time match maker is active, the fewer players we have at one exact moment.

Due to current Clan audience and its activity, RU, EU and NA Clan Battles prime time can be safely tweaked (and we did it), however, modelling the situation for ASIA showed that applying the same tweak would result in huge risks of bad match making, thus making experience worse for everyone on server.

This is why we made such decision.

As you might have noticed, we're going for full server equality, uniting the overwhelming majority of content and events since November 2017, but sometimes it is not 100% possible. There is nothing anything like worst or less important server for us. World of Warships is a game played world wide, and we truly appreciate all our players, equally.

We will try to solve this issue somehow in the future, and for now, we're sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Cheers!

Again guys, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you, and hope you continue supporting us until we figure out the most probable solution to this matter. Thank you and have a nice day guys. :cap_popcorn:

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,660 battles
2 hours ago, Spotter said:

Due to current Clan audience and its activity, RU, EU and NA Clan Battles prime time can be safely tweaked (and we did it), however, modelling the situation for ASIA showed that applying the same tweak would result in huge risks of bad match making, thus making experience worse for everyone on server.

Bad MM...when everyone is already used to bad MM in randoms?Oooooooookayyyyyyy!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,197 posts
8,647 battles

Can I still play my clan's CB against NA server clans or has that option been dropped? (Sunday arvo CB is better than no CB)

746 posts
19,634 battles
2 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Can I still play my clan's CB against NA server clans or has that option been dropped? (Sunday arvo CB is better than no CB)

It hasn't been dropped but it hasn't been implemented either.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,197 posts
8,647 battles
10 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

It hasn't been dropped but it hasn't been implemented either.

oh, just sit back and grab some popcorn :Smile_popcorn:

Later :fish_sleep:

Sign in to follow this