You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lolievangeline

Is every Ship have their own LoS ?

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
402 posts
870 battles

well, i just argue this with my friend, so we argue about Fusou.

are any ship have their own LoS ?

well about this, i just made up.

Mv7gfAd.png

So my question. is every ship have a same LoS ? or maybe every ship have their own Los, and only Fusou have this great features ? well you know because of her Pagoda, i mean Bridge.

zF7vivW.jpg

Manga : KanColle 4-koma: Fubuki, Ganbarimasu! (艦隊これくしょん -艦これ- 4コマコミック 吹雪、がんばります!)

Chapter 49 Page 4

thanks for your time for answering my question. ++ Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by lolievangeline

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I don't know how WG are setting the LoS softstats, they're probably arbitrary or something.

Though, in real life US battleships would probably have OP line of sight, since they had surface radars. They'd spot the entire map before the game even starts, unless someone was hiding behind a mountain. The Japanese only had pagodas, scout planes, and (in the case of darkness) searchlights.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I've been meaning to re-post a thorough explanation of the vision mechanics from the Alpha forum, but I haven't gotten around to making screenshots that are NDA-safe. But for now, these old doodles will have to suffice:

post-2000000644-0-41273900-1414168501.pn

post-2000000644-0-06128000-1414168501.pn

Basically, each ship has a view range and a detection range (surface and air). Fuso is detectable at 19 km, Pantsuharu is detectable at 6.7 km. Pantsuharu has 16.3 km view range, so it can't detect Fuso at 19 km but will detect it at 16.3 km. Cleveland has 20.9 km view range, so it detects the fuso at 19 km. Although Cleveland has a very long view range it still can't detect Pantsuharu until it is at 6.7 km. (Note: the values used are no longer up to date)

Super Tester
402 posts
870 battles

I've been meaning to re-post a thorough explanation of the vision mechanics from the Alpha forum, but I haven't gotten around to making screenshots that are NDA-safe. But for now, these old doodles will have to suffice:

post-2000000644-0-41273900-1414168501.pn

post-2000000644-0-06128000-1414168501.pn

Basically, each ship has a view range and a detection range (surface and air). Fuso is detectable at 19 km, Pantsuharu is detectable at 6.7 km. Pantsuharu has 16.3 km view range, so it can't detect Fuso at 19 km but will detect it at 16.3 km. Cleveland has 20.9 km view range, so it detects the fuso at 19 km. Although Cleveland has a very long view range it still can't detect Pantsuharu until it is at 6.7 km. (Note: the values used are no longer up to date)

yeah i knew it, every ship might be have their own LoS

I don't know how WG are setting the LoS softstats, they're probably arbitrary or something.

Though, in real life US battleships would probably have OP line of sight, since they had surface radars. They'd spot the entire map before the game even starts, unless someone was hiding behind a mountain. The Japanese only had pagodas, scout planes, and (in the case of darkness) searchlights.

yup, but right now we still don't know are they really exist in WoWs

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

ships radars are there for show, nothing else. If the radars where enabled, we would detect every ship, every map, every time. A BB can be detected on Radar at over 25nm or 46klms, I can detect DD's on radar at over 15nm (retired Radar Plotter) 

Super Tester
402 posts
870 battles

ships radars are there for show, nothing else. If the radars where enabled, we would detect every ship, every map, every time. A BB can be detected on Radar at over 25nm or 46klms, I can detect DD's on radar at over 15nm (retired Radar Plotter) 

well, it will no fair for player that not use USN.

Alpha Tester
31 posts

I cant say for sure if the view range of every ship differs but 1 thing for sure, even for a destroyer you can detect an enemy 20km away

>>you can stalk him but you cant attack him<<

view range depends on the Concealment stat of a ship and the condition of the map. Smoke screen can also make a ship....invisible(? i cant think of a better word) works so well that sometimes an enemy cant detect a destroyer at 4km distance.

Edited by nijou

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I cant say for sure if the view range of every ship differs but 1 thing for sure, even for a destroyer you can detect an enemy 20km away

>>you can stalk him but you cant attack him<<

view range depends on the Concealment stat of a ship and the condition of the map. Smoke screen can also make a ship....invisible(? i cant think of a better word) works so well that sometimes an enemy cant detect a destroyer at 4km distance.

No. DDs can't detect ships from 20 km away because none of them has a view range that far. View range != concealment stat. They are separate stats. View range stat isn't listed but can be derived from the vision cone in the minimap.