You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hey_Potato

Progression Stats Tracking Website

18 comments in this topic

273 posts
1,220 battles

Does any one knows which website is more accurate for your personal progress tracking? Which is which now :cap_hmm::Smile_amazed:

I find there is disparity between these 2 websites:-

Yesterday - asia.warships.today showing purple rating 1,535 where as asia.wows-numbers.com showing 2,046 blue rating and for today is vice versa. The only difference is the number of battles played with different class of ships. Today 11 battles in dd where as yesterday the battles was 5(dd)+6(CA). I thought the parameters/logic would have to be the same?

Can any expert help out to explain which is the better website to use? I realised that asia.wows-numbers.com is always showing a higher number

asia.warships.today

WR_asia.warship.today_2.jpg.d4d0deccad462266ac47263ff2757939.jpg

asia.wows-numbers.com

5a65e788e4c63_WR_WOWsstatsnumbers_1.jpg.5ceb4fd053c95536873f935368ea56b4.jpg

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
35 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

All of them uses the same API. I think wows-numbers present information in a nice way.

Yeah but how often they update they data is up to them. They have to keep their own database to track the progress so I expect many of the calls are made to their database rather than to the api which can mean stale data.

273 posts
1,220 battles

In layman terms please???? :Smile_amazed::cap_fainting:

http://www.wowstats.org says it extracts data from warships.today....meaning the better source is from warships.today = most accurate??

Edited by Hey_Potato

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
13 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

In layman terms please???? :Smile_amazed::cap_fainting:

http://www.wowstats.org says it extracts data from warships.today....meaning the better source is from warships.today = most accurate??

This website calculate players' Warships Today Rating (WTR), and assigns a different color according to the specification at warships.today.

You can see the table of expected ships value used to calculate your WTR rating at this page. The table version WoWStats.org use is syncronized with the one at warships.today daily.

To me they are saying they are using warships.today for the WTR rating. You kind of have to considering the WTR rating is the warships today rating. However what data are they rating? If you rate games from yesterday you still get a WTR rating. As I said. It "looks" (means an assumption) to me that wowstats is comparing the most recent data. They then take that data and assign a WTR which has to come from warships.today.

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,116 battles

If you would like the 'most updated version', go to:

1.World of warships website.
2.Click on button: 'players'.
3.Everything is there in their own tabs. (found under 'statistics' tab)

455 posts
8,038 battles

@Hey_Potato Wows.numbers always shows a higher number than warships.today because their PR formula is different (and imo more meaningful) from WTR. And they also scale differently, while wtr turns blue at 1100 value, PR turns blue at 1800 iirc.
The key difference between the two is that WTR is affected heavily by damage and avg kills, which don't necessarily reflect your contribution to the game, whereas PR normalises those values' effect so that the PR value cannot be easily padded by say, killstealing compulsively.
Besides, warships.borked keeps breaking down all the time. One drawback of wows.numbers is that it only updates the data every 120 minutes or so: that too after you open your stats page. So you can keep track of an ongoing session easily till the timer is reset

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,116 battles
47 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

It's not same for everyone, my page updates every 60 minutes for SEA, but 120 minutes for NA. I don't know why, but this is how it is.

cuz the server went "NA"

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Coming back from the off-topic tangent and returning to the OP's question, neither website is "more accurate", they merely use different algorithms to calculate their rating, and ultimately it is a matter of preference.

According to Warships Today, the WTR value is calculated based on the following weightings: 50% average damage, 30% average kills, and 20% winrate. Base defence and capture are not considered.

According to WOWS-numbers, the PR value is calculated by, in order of importance, damage, kills and winrate, using a three step formula which is shown on their page.

The other website, wowstats.org, uses the same WTR formula as Warships.Today, however you need to manually update player pages, although the website has much better uptime than Warships.Today which is down whenever the sun rises in the sky.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles

So I thought I would do a test.

for n = 3 wows-numbers.com was the only site that didn't update the battles played number directly after game was finished.

So in relation to your question I think it safe to say that wows-numbers.com would be the least accurate.

Edited by keskparane

273 posts
1,220 battles

If based on asia.wows-numbers.com I would have already achieved my personal KPI on 22/1/18. However if based on asia.warships.today its still showing blue color which means I have not achieve my own KPI and would continue playing maybe another game or try harder to attain my daily targets.

That's the reason I posted this is because of the disparity between these websites for my own personal KPI/progression to get better.

***KPI = Key Performance Indicator

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
41 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

If based on asia.wows-numbers.com I would have already achieved my personal KPI on 22/1/18. However if based on asia.warships.today its still showing blue color which means I have not achieve my own KPI and would continue playing maybe another game or try harder to attain my daily targets.

That's the reason I posted this is because of the disparity between these websites for my own personal KPI/progression to get better.

***KPI = Key Performance Indicator

Sooner or later you will get tired of numbers anyway.

273 posts
1,220 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Sooner or later you will get tired of numbers anyway.

No I wont cause I have been dealing with numbers all my life and its my profession

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles
19 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

No I wont cause I have been dealing with numbers all my life and its my profession

Are you Count Dracula from Sesame Street?

273 posts
1,220 battles
1 hour ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Are you Count Dracula from Sesame Street?

:cap_hmm::cap_book::fish_book:....I grew up not watching sesame street cause its too educational = boring. My mom will turn it on but instead I watch Ultraman during the 70s and Transformers, He-man and the masters of the universe in the early 80s and thundercats in mid 80s. :cap_rambo:Burn everything down! 

Edited by Hey_Potato

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
2 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

56 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

:cap_hmm::cap_book::fish_book:....I grew up not watching sesame street cause its too educational = boring. My mom will turn it on but instead I watch Ultraman during the 70s and Transformers, He-man and the masters of the universe in the early 80s and thundercats in mid 80s. :cap_rambo:Burn everything down! 

P < u :cap_old: