You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bat_Chatllion

Tier 8 Premium

15 comments in this topic

1 post
224 battles

I have been thinking about getting a premium ship and have narrowed it down to the enterprise (I enjoy CVs) or Roma (it looks awesome and has everything I want in a BB) as much as I would like to play BBs I always die instantly. Also is there going to be a Italian BB line?

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
3 minutes ago, __Jak3yboy__ said:

I have been thinking about getting a premium ship and have narrowed it down to the enterprise (I enjoy CVs) or Roma (it looks awesome and has everything I want in a BB) as much as I would like to play BBs I always die instantly. Also is there going to be a Italian BB line?

there probably will be a RMBB line, one of the few countries with tech trees that can get to t8 with few paper ships

273 posts
1,220 battles

I would suggest you get more experience in playing CV before getting into any premiums. CV is a class which can either break or carry the team.

Enjoying CV is one thing and the skills that are involved to out play your opponent is another. I have so many a times getting into match make at higher tiers with newbies in premium cv screwing up the entire game and breaking the team.

Saipan would be the best cv for its tier. Pretty much screw the opponent cv unless you meet another saipan which narrows down to skill play

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
22 minutes ago, __Jak3yboy__ said:

If you cannot play BB’s (as you seem to say) buying a T8 premium BB may mean you get slaughtered quickly, especially at tier 8. If you lack BB driving skill, the Roma may not be much fun for *you*. Sometimes when the Tirpitz is on special, you see all the noobs drive Tirpitzes and get slaughtered, regardless of the Tirpitz being a very good ship.

Besides, I don’t have the Roma, so cannot comment on this particular ship.

Don’t have the Enterprise and I’m not a CV player either, sorry, but sounds like that's what you should get... unless your highest CV now is much lower?

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,429 battles
24 minutes ago, __Jak3yboy__ said:

Roma looks awesome untill RNG turns against you. IT has a very bad dispersion and a small 15 inch caliber that prevent you from getting some overmatch against common uptier cruisers you will face. It is very unreliable in gunnery. Be advised.

Enterprise is good , but require quite good aiming skills and a level head.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Roma looks awesome untill RNG turns against you. IT has a very bad dispersion and a small 15 inch caliber that prevent you from getting some overmatch against common uptier cruisers you will face. It is very unreliable in gunnery. Be advised.

Enterprise is good , but require quite good aiming skills and a level head.

It's shells have awesome penetration values.

Not sure what you mean here?

Tee

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles
2 hours ago, __Jak3yboy__ said:

as much as I would like to play BBs I always die instantly.

That comment right there is why you don't need to get T8 premium yet.   You will end up hating the game as well as being a burden to your team.

If you insist on getting a premium get a T5

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,429 battles
54 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

It's shells have awesome penetration values.

Not sure what you mean here?

Tee

The roma like the german has a very big problem of hitting targets.

I mean its penetration is great , but the problem is hitting in the first place. It has very unreliable gun for putting shots on targets.

Getting close mitigate the problem but that could put you into dangerous cross fire situation where the high citadel is a weakness,

I

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles
55 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Definitely, get GC before it's removed for being OP.

273 posts
1,220 battles
18 minutes ago, Webba84 said:

For new players, the abbreviation for GC = Giulio Cesare its the tier 5 Italian premium battleship

32 posts
2,830 battles

Enterprise is an up, Roma is a meh.

Regarding Enterprise:

Enterprise has abundant selection of planes which kinda forgiving if you made mistakes on the operation or when you lose on strafing battle against the other CV player.

From the experience I have, I just feel the real challenge when facing Shokaku and Saipan type 1 loadout.

Against any other, there is nothing special.

However there is a fact that we should know: CV is not for everybody. You can enjoy a CV if you are a CV player. If you just start out to try CV game play, I suggest you to grind out any CV to T7. If you are already a CV player, then you are good to go.

Regarding Roma:

I don't see anything special about her. She is good at sniping, but.... bad accuracy... (How come a sniper has bad accuracy)... I am talking about her firing dispersion at 10 km and beyond.

She is not good at all at brawling. So buying her is like to exchange a money value that not worth the quality value.

I find her very challenging against other ships, unless if I decide to play relax by being a bad BB captain - staying at the back line and open fire to unlucky ships spotted.

I am a CV player, I might not be able to exploit the best out of Roma. If you are a BB player and see what I write is wrong, please feel free to correct my statement.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,109 battles
9 hours ago, Webba84 said:

9 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

For new players, the abbreviation for GC = Giulio Cesare its the tier 5 Italian premium battleship

Pasta bote guddest bote.

Pasta man he screams Pasta I don't understand.

Pasta man, I just know, screams when Pizza has been Pasta'd.

Pasta man, I love your Pasta bote.

Pasta man, I love thee so.

Pasta man, Pasta Bote.

Pasta'd enemy sinks to the Pasta depths.

12 hours ago, __Jak3yboy__ said:

If you always die instantly, hold off on premiums and play until you don't die instantly; Then think about Premiums. 

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
20 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Enterprise is an up

Funny though, most CV players I know, said Enterprise is OP. And they are among the best CV players of the server.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,962 battles

With 220ish battles, do not buy a T8 ship. You will die alot, have no/little fun and have people constantly hurling insults at you.

Focus on improving your skills and game knowledge with your current ships. As others have mentioned Giulio Cesare is a good ship and is quite noob friendly. Lots of guns, nice handling, you can do good damage with either AP or HE.

The downside is poor AA defense and poor gun range... also I think her torpedo protection is meh, but I find I am able to dodge torps well enough and I am pretty awful at dodging them normally.

2 posts
578 battles
On 1/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That comment right there is why you don't need to get T8 premium yet.   You will end up hating the game as well as being a burden to your team.

I absolutely agree with this comment. I bought a T8 Battleship (Alabama) and it took 3 games for me to learn I need to learn how to BB first. I'm now working up through the tiers and am slowly doing better. Yes, we can watch Flamu (which I did), but that only goes so far. It's important to appreciate how many games some of these guys have, and how many times they've seen people like me screw up their games.

Take your time and enjoy the journey.