Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Dunkirk scenario return?

20 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

That was a really fun scenario - I never got tired of it and hope it's going to make a return.

68 posts
3,836 battles

Why yes we would want it back. It would help those who didn't complete the Dunkrik collection with container drops for every successful mission. We can also try different playstyle using different dd since it is restricted  for dd only. And pls WG retaining the feature of getting a UK dd Gallant in the drops.

Edited by LightDarkMaster

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

What made that mode was converting all the commander XP into elite xp after the event end. 

1,007 posts
7,422 battles

Yes, Dunkirk was fun, although the Cyclone and whatever the other DD was, didn’t enjoy those much. Gallant is far superior.

WG must have put an incredible amount of work into building this scenario, just building the city of Dunkirk was a tremendous job.

I would expect they bring it back at one stage… hopefully not only when there is an anniversary.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Yes, Dunkirk was fun, although the Cyclone and whatever the other DD was, didn’t enjoy those much. Gallant is far superior.

HMS Anthony IIRC and both it and Cyclone were much superior to Gallant for running Dunkirk due to how important AA was and how Gallant's is rubbish.

Yes, I am still salty about people using those ships anywhere other than the Dunkirk scenario, they were never designed for it.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,361 battles

if WG gonna decide to bring back those special scenarios, please make available Halloween 2017 and bathtub battle also 

these scenarios are too fun and too wasteful to be left to rot in the digital storage 

Edited by blacknoheart

556 posts
8,197 battles
44 minutes ago, Webba84 said:

Yes, I am still salty about people using those ships anywhere other than the Dunkirk scenario, they were never designed for it.

Why they didn't event lock those ships like they did with the Halloween ships is a mystery.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Considering the time and effort they put into making Operation Dynamo, they should bring it back. It is a historical battle after all. Plus William Tennant (renamed Jack Dunkirk for legal reasons) is a real captain so I don't see why he can't be a permanent reward like Yamamoto.

ea0323ca-6189-11e7-b024-ac162d8bc1e4.jpgSir-William-George-Tennant.jpg

Oh and I absolutely loved the movie too, that's why I bought Gallant. I just need a French destroyer and Cyclone is the only one in the game that was at Dunkirk.

Edited by Nikolaevna

556 posts
8,197 battles
8 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

Oh and I absolutely loved the movie too, that's why I bought Gallant. I just need a French destroyer and Cyclone is the only one in the game that was at Dunkirk.

The movie was probably the other reason I loved Dynamo. That and the story of the Snow Goose.

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
16 hours ago, Webba84 said:

HMS Anthony IIRC and both it and Cyclone were much superior to Gallant for running Dunkirk due to how important AA was and how Gallant's is rubbish.

“HMS Anthony IIRC and both it and Cyclone were much superior to Gallant for running Dunkirk due to how important AA was and how Gallant's is rubbish.”

AA, well fair enough, but Gallant is/was superior in all other areas.

Only one of the two had good AA, as far as I remember. The stats are not on the Wiki.

I can only say that after I bought Gallant, I didn’t look back, didn’t feel the slightest desire to ever drive a Anthony or Cyclone again.

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
15 hours ago, Torchwood5 said:

Why they didn't event lock those ships like they did with the Halloween ships is a mystery.

That’s a bit of a different story, because those where “normal” ships with special features.

Remember that cruiser that had this “rapid fire” consumable and converted damage done into health? You would have to protect other ships from that feature! Or the energy barrier some ships had. But then, The other issue was the severely reduced range of most ships.

I got a fair few of the special Halloween camos from crates. So I can make a Kagero, Chapayev or Tirpitz look like in the Halloween mission.

556 posts
8,197 battles
11 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I got a fair few of the special Halloween camos from crates. So I can make a Kagero, Chapayev or Tirpitz look like in the Halloween mission.

I got all of them, including the one for Cousin Niko:Smile_sad:

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Only one of the two had good AA, as far as I remember. The stats are not on the Wiki.

Cyclone had 'good' AA (for the scenario balance), Anthony had the DefAA consumable which was essential for the scenario.

2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I can only say that after I bought Gallant, I didn’t look back, didn’t feel the slightest desire to ever drive a Anthony or Cyclone again.

Well yes, of course, Gallant was a ship designed to be actually released and played in the rest of the game, Anthony and Cyclone were made specially for, and only for, the scenario - they were never balanced for anything else. It would be weird if you preferred those ships to Gallant.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,103 battles
16 小時前,Nikolaevna 說:

If I remembered exactly,ORP Blyskawica also participated

1,386 posts
8,224 battles
6 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

“HMS Anthony IIRC and both it and Cyclone were much superior to Gallant for running Dunkirk due to how important AA was and how Gallant's is rubbish.”

Dunkirk scenario is about gun down motorboats and shoot down aircraft. Gallant is a better ship in random and stuff, but Anthony is not inferior in terms of gun power, and both T5 special are better AA ships.(Anthony and Cyclone are scenario only.)

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I'd love the scenario to come back, only if I get two 19 pt captains for a few days again. Screw scenario, I'll just bring them to high tier ships and farm Elite xp in randums. :P

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this