Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Does 22 knots and 23 knots have huge difference?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[LNA]
Member
1,665 posts
10,470 battles
3 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Thinking of store 5K exp of QE's propulsion to skip to KGV faster

The propulsion isnt worth upgrading with free exp , however it will make your life a tad easier.

Propulsions DO improve power to weight ratio , which facilitate faster acceleration , better turning and better speed during a turn as well as reducing speed bleed impact during a hard turn.

It is more than just boosting your maximum top speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
18 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

23-22=1 That's a whooping 4.5% improvement.... 

Besides you need that one to turn the ship into Elite.

But even then what value is there in it?  Get to the KGV and either sell the QE or leave it sitting in port.  The NM, Bayern or Fuso are better ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,501 battles

the improved rudder shift, which is a big thing. I think the rudder shift is a 30% improvement. 5k exp is only 2/3 decent games over a weekend.  Over the course of the grind to kgv you will notice the speed and improved rudder shift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[LYNMF]
Member
991 posts
11,614 battles

how you guys get past this ship? i'm still 66K xp to KGV and this ship a massive headache to play

it's slow ok but the guns is so wonky, i have been in situation a cruiser stuck on a island 10km away showing full broadside i shoot and 7 of the shells all land between the ship

for now i just play her in operation, its quite frustrating in random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
492 posts
7,661 battles
13 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

how you guys get past this ship? i'm still 66K xp to KGV and this ship a massive headache to play

it's slow ok but the guns is so wonky, i have been in situation a cruiser stuck on a island 10km away showing full broadside i shoot and 7 of the shells all land between the ship

for now i just play her in operation, its quite frustrating in random

I ended up using free XP to go to the KGV. I found the guns a bit odd also. Definitely different feel to the Warspite guns.

 The Queen Liz is a bit of a nerfed Warspite in some ways and seeing as I already had the better Warspite prem ship anyway, I passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[LYNMF]
Member
991 posts
11,614 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

I ended up using free XP to go to the KGV. I found the guns a bit odd also. Definitely different feel to the Warspite guns.

 The Queen Liz is a bit of a nerfed Warspite in some ways and seeing as I already had the better Warspite prem ship anyway, I passed.

this ship is just trash in every way, its like a combination of all things bad into one ship to annoy you so you would use fxp to get past it

i probably just gonna quit this line than waste time and fxp to move up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

Better save up your free xp to get Missouri, Musashi or Nelson :Smile_coin: unless you can afford to buy free xp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles

Having got the NM and QE in the New Year campaign, I've been grinding the stock ships in the Killer Whale scenario (alternating each ship while the other is in cooldown)  to do their basic upgrades. I hate slow bbs, so the first upgrades were to the engines - they're still not too quick, but the QE is a couple of knots faster than NM which makes quite a difference to what you can do in this scenario. The stock guns are fairly short ranged too, so 2nd upgrade was to fix that - again, I much prefer the QE as its guns seem much more accurate (even against the stationary forts - the NM often misses completely even with 12 rifles) and they hit harder and reload more than 4sec faster.

I haven't tried them in random yet, but this alternating upgarde process is a good way to compare them and, for me, the QE seems a much more pleasant ship than the NM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
218 posts
11,604 battles
13 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

this ship is just trash in every way, its like a combination of all things bad into one ship to annoy you so you would use fxp to get past it

i probably just gonna quit this line than waste time and fxp to move up

It's kinda tanky though. if you moved up to kgv you'll just get penned left and right or someone left gasoline on the decks. you might want to save your sanity unless ur a masochist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,482 battles
17 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Thinking of not spending 5K exp of QE's propulsion to skip to KGV faster

Thinking of not spending 5K exp of QE's propulsion to skip to KGV faster

 

Obviously, 1 knot will be hardly noticeable.

 

As others pointed out, you need to research all modules to make her Elite.

 

Is that really only 5k XP? As most operations are T6, you could just play a game or two in operations and earn the XP to upgrade the engine. I guess you could have done the entire T6 grind in operations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,501 battles
33 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Thinking of not spending 5K exp of QE's propulsion to skip to KGV faster

 

Obviously, 1 knot will be hardly noticeable.

 

As others pointed out, you need to research all modules to make her Elite.

 

Is that really only 5k XP? As most operations are T6, you could just play a game or two in operations and earn the XP to upgrade the engine. I guess you could have done the entire T6 grind in operations?

I pretty much said this earlier. The speed is not the biggest , it's the rudder shift time. Stock rudder shift 20 sec. With engine upgrade I think it is 14 sec. 

Even if the engine gave only a 0.1knot boost, that rudder shift buff would be reason enough to upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,482 battles
11 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

I pretty much said this earlier. The speed is not the biggest , it's the rudder shift time. Stock rudder shift 20 sec. With engine upgrade I think it is 14 sec. 

Even if the engine gave only a 0.1knot boost, that rudder shift buff would be reason enough to upgrade. 

Yeah, fair enough. But for a a ship he doesn’t like and doesn’t want, that may not matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[LYNMF]
Member
991 posts
11,614 battles
3 hours ago, Lowyat said:

It's kinda tanky though. if you moved up to kgv you'll just get penned left and right or someone left gasoline on the decks. you might want to save your sanity unless ur a masochist.

but always land in tear 7 and 8 it is not lol also bbq is a issue, cruiser love shooting at this ship burn so much all the time

turret is slow, ship is slow add with 8 unreliable guns..recipe for the ultimate frustration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×