Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

German or Brit or Russian Ships?

5 comments in this topic

47 posts
594 battles

Hey guys, I have found out that I have 2 10 skill captains in my reserves, German and Russian captains. Which ship tech tree would you play and which tier 10 would you go for? I right now have 5 ships ( Not including Prems) Mutsuki, Furutaka, Danae (an Atrocious ship that will only start getting good at tier 6), Kongo (For fun XD) and Fuso. Back to my original question, which tech tree should I play? Russian or German?

491 posts
7,634 battles

German BB are great right through entire line.

German cruisers are good but can be challenging at T6, T7 and T8. Well worth the struggle though as T9 and T10 are great.

Russian DD line is well worth the grind. Grozovoi and Khaba in the right hands are quite OP.

Russian cruiser line is fun too.

Well I hope that is as clear as mud and has made your decision easier! :Smile_teethhappy:

Honestly just choose one of these that you are interested in and enjoy....

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

If I were you, I’d put my German captain either in a BB or a cruiser, that’s your choice. DD’s only get good high up. I enjoy all the cruisers and BB’s, up to T10… still have everything T4/T5 and up.

And the Russian captain I’d put in a Russian DD.

I have all KM tech-tree ships up T10 and some of my favourite ships are KM.

Russian ships I have up to T7 Minsk and T8 Chapayev.

I like the Russian cruisers but cannot say they are my favourites. When I unlocked Kirov, I thought, what’s wrong with the rudder, but hey, good guns! When I unlocked Budyonny, I thought, can I please have the Kirov guns on this ship? When I upgraded to Schchors I felt distinctly underwhelmed, coming from Budyonny. Schchors feels even more fragile, but that may be because you meet higher tier ships and better players. More guns though. I don’t have Chapy long enough, have yet to learn to use it’s Radar efficiently. I have been chased form caps or killed by Chapy’s when I drove DD’s, many times, haha!

Russian DD’s are fast and have good guns, although up to T6 Gnevny I didn’t especially enjoy them. High speed means, yes, but they don’t turn all that well. I guess not every gunboat can handle like the German T10 DD Z-52, which is a beauty.

Sign in to follow this