Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_screw

NEW US Cruiser line Q/A

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
2 posts
2,498 battles

Started playing WOWS like 6 or 7 months ago. And Don't know what happens when there is a line split.
 

So, I have a Pensacola and a Cleveland. My question regarding this is what will I have after the line split update?

Please keep it as simple as possible. I really don't understand the concept of line split. Still learning things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

Based on previous cases it's fairly safe to assume some things, but keep in mind that nothing is entirely certain yet. What's probably going to happen is:

1. Your Pensacola will transform into a New Orleans, retaining any unlocked modules (equivalents) and XP you've already earned. Additionally, you'll get the new Tier VI Pensacola added to your port for free.

2. Your Cleveland will transform into a Dallas, retaining any unlocked modules and XP. However, whether you'll also get a free Tier VIII Cleveland is uncertain. We'll have to wait and see.

Again, this is pure speculation based on previous line splits - it might be a completely different procedure this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2 posts
2,498 battles

RalphTheTheatreCat ... I saw that video But I saw another forum regarding this. The guy posted the rules of the line split according to the last USSR DD line split. Unraveler  said what actually matched with those rules. Just hope that the this line split is the same as last one. Loads of free ships for everyone. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
287 posts
5,258 battles
On 21/01/2018 at 5:14 AM, Unraveler said:

2. Your Cleveland will transform into a Dallas, retaining any unlocked modules and XP. However, whether you'll also get a free Tier VIII Cleveland is uncertain. We'll have to wait and see.

If it's the same as the Russian DD line split you will get a free T8 Cleveland as well. I had the T6 Ognevoi at the time of the split and received both a T8 Ognevoi and T6 Gnevny after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
318 posts
6,871 battles

If you have the Des Moins in port you should also get the Buffalo at the time of the split/ Amendment. If you only have up to the Baltimore then i'm speculating that you will have to grind up to the Buffalo.  Once the Cleveland is moved to the light cruiser line, and providing you have it in port, you should also get the Dallas and Helena. 

I speculate that any XP earned on the Cleveland while at T6, will remain at T6 and not passed over to the T8 version of the Cleveland. Maybe it will be compensated (silver currency) or just passed onto the Pesacola seeing that will be the new T6.

I purchased the Cleveland cammo, which i recommend, because once it moves to T8 it will cost a lot more doubloons. If this doesn't transfer in the split, i'm hoping that WG will compensate by refunding the doubloons. 

Edited by Kamanah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
287 posts
5,258 battles
23 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

If you have the Des Moins in port you should also get the Buffalo at the time of the split/ Amendment. If you only have up to the Baltimore then i'm speculating that you will have to grind up to the Buffalo.  Once the Cleveland is moved to the light cruiser line, and providing you have it in port, you should also get the Dallas and Helena.

This is not consistent with how previous lines have been split. WG's approach seems to be as follows:

1. Players keep existing owned ships that are moving to a new tier

2. Players receive the replacement for any existing owned ships that were moved.

 

Applying this to the expected split we should see the following:

 

Ships Owned Before Split

T6 Cleveland

T7 Pensacola

T8 New Orleans

T9 Baltimore

 

Ships Owned After Split

T6 Pensacola

T7 New Orleans

T8 Baltimore

T8 Cleveland

T9 Buffalo

 

Players would not receive Dallas, Helena, or Seattle as those are not existing ships, or replacements for ships in an existing line.

Edited by Webba84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
361 posts
3,693 battles
21 minutes ago, Webba84 said:

This is not consistent with how previous lines have been split. WG's approach seems to be as follows:

1. Players keep existing owned ships that are moving to a new tier

2. Players receive the replacement for any existing owned ships that were moved.

 

Applying this to the expected split we should see the following:

 

Ships Owned Before Split

T6 Cleveland

T7 Pensacola

T8 New Orleans

T9 Baltimore

 

Ships Owned After Split

T6 Pensacola

T7 New Orleans

T8 Baltimore

T8 Cleveland

T9 Buffalo

 

Players would not receive Dallas, Helena, or Seattle as those are not existing ships, or replacements for ships in an existing line.

Yes. Previous other line split were like this. Then how cpt?  If i did not remember wrongly if ships are without there will be replaces by a 3 point cpt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
287 posts
5,258 battles

I don't recall exactly what happened with captains, but that does sound about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,482 battles
On 1/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Captain_screw said:

And Don't know what happens when there is a line split.

That would be the first line split I experience, too.

 

Although it is likely WG will handle this line-split like previous ones, they could do something totally new.

 

The various videos and posts about this topic make me think people can speculate, that’s about it.

 

I guess we have to wait until there will be a WG post telling us what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,485 posts
25,665 battles
16 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I guess we have to wait until there will be a WG post telling us what will happen.

too soon to tell, just a sneak peek, less info.........dont guess

wait until official announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
273 posts
1,220 battles

Better to have your cleveland, orleans and baltimore in port or at least grind up to unlock D.Moines. The last RU dd line split was much better than the ijn dd line split if i remember correctly.

Found the official website

1) RU dd split announcement https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_2-patchnotes/

2) IJN dd split https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-05_15-patchnotes/

Edited by Hey_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×