You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Subarugeuse

Maintenance Costs For Tier IX and X Ships ( Poll )

Should maintenance costs for tier IX and X ships be reduced such that players will earn less than previous tiers, but not lose credits?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should maintenance costs for tier IX and X ships be Reduced?

• Yes
    • No

4 comments in this topic

4 posts
2,213 battles

Should maintenance costs for tier IX and X ships be reduced such that players will earn less than previous tiers, but not lose credits?  I understand that this is done to keep players in the lower tiers, but I don't think that credits should be lost for losing a match, unless a player plays badly.

Edited by Subarugeuse

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

You don't play high tier matches to earn credits; you play to win.

If you want to grind credits, use low to mid tier ships; high tiers can be used for exp grinding aaand u can also actually earn a profit if you are skilled enough.

(Not implying that I am; not to toot my own horn but I can reliably earn credits up to tier IX. Tier X is too much for me though :P)

Playing in low-to-mid tiers for hundreds, nay, thousands of battles will help you gain experience and improve your skills as a player.

And a word of note: in high tiers you normally use Premium consumables, so from the get-go you will already LOSE 67.5k-90k credits the moment you click "battle".

So I suggest you play high tiers with the mindset of "wanting to play well and WIN" not "playing for the sake of grinding credits".

Especially tier Xs, WHY would you even need to earn credits on a tier X ship? It's the pinnacle of the line, you have nothing to grind beyond Tier Xs so they're supposed to be expensive!

tl;dr Credit grinding in low-to-mid tiers is great cause you earn credits, exp and in-game battle experience to help improve your skills; high-tier matches are where you show the results of your practice :3

[BOTES]
34 posts
7,342 battles

It's best to keep it high so that players who don't play that well will actually have to play more games in order to get better so that they don't only play high tiers and make the game more annoying for lower tier players. I know it's kinda harsh, like a penalty of sorts, but it's in their own interest to have to get better. There are even some who would argue that all high tier games should result in you losing credits. Their reasoning is that not everyone plays high tiers all the time. There are a large number of players who only play high tiers but aren't that good at the game. This can be frustrating to other players out there. 

Tl;dr: Keep it high so that you have to git gud in order to play high tier games all the time.

4 posts
2,213 battles
2 hours ago, seiji09 said:

You don't play high tier matches to earn credits; you play to win.

If you want to grind credits, use low to mid tier ships; high tiers can be used for exp grinding aaand u can also actually earn a profit if you are skilled enough.

(Not implying that I am; not to toot my own horn but I can reliably earn credits up to tier IX. Tier X is too much for me though :P)

Playing in low-to-mid tiers for hundreds, nay, thousands of battles will help you gain experience and improve your skills as a player.

And a word of note: in high tiers you normally use Premium consumables, so from the get-go you will already LOSE 67.5k-90k credits the moment you click "battle".

So I suggest you play high tiers with the mindset of "wanting to play well and WIN" not "playing for the sake of grinding credits".

Especially tier Xs, WHY would you even need to earn credits on a tier X ship? It's the pinnacle of the line, you have nothing to grind beyond Tier Xs so they're supposed to be expensive!

tl;dr Credit grinding in low-to-mid tiers is great cause you earn credits, exp and in-game battle experience to help improve your skills; high-tier matches are where you show the results of your practice :3

I perfectly understand where you're coming form. Just wondering if credit income in high tiers could be made such that earning credits would be painfully slow to the point where players would rather go to the lower tiers to grind, bur not lose credits outright.

There might not even be any point in changing the income system for something like this but at least its better than losing credits.