You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

way too much divisions

22 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

should division be limit to 2 per side? so many match there are only 2 on one side but 3 on the other side and match become a very one sided affair

too hard to balance this with the variety of ships and tiers in this game?

there are match where i'm one of the three players not in a div so a easy slaughter on the enemy and vice versa

opinion guys?

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

My opinion: It's fine the way it is, matchmaking doesn't take skill into account - you can have good or bad divisions anyway.

My advice: Find good players, make friends with them, and then be ones that slaughter people without divisions.

12 posts
3,714 battles

I wanna copy the format of the reply above. Very good way to reply!

My honest opinion: I am 50/50 with this topic. I do think that sometimes the divs can be too powerful. A good div can just control a damned game very well but thats because theyre very good and they should never get punished for that. Although I do like the idea of having to limit the amount of divs, or atleast let WG take into consideration the PR Rating / Player skill into MM. I do think wows's MM right now is a love and hate relationship. Sometimes its very good sometimes its very bad. If they could find a way to balance the teams, the experience would probably get better, but that's just me.

High tier MM rn is super crap, as the ones who were super crap lowtier-midtier almost / even more than a year ago, are now spamming high tier. And with the influx of more tier 8 Prems, you would see more nubs/ newbies that would immediately buy tier 8 prems and just suck at them cuz well it takes experience to play high tier well especially now that wows has associated with steam, expect an influx of players, most probably noobs with money. haha

My advice: same as the one above, try and find good players, even if you dont get a top clan, it's better to be in a small/ midtier clan with people helping each other out, than be in a top typhoon clan with people just going at it for themselves. The analogy here is like this "It's better to be in a not-so-good company with a very good boss (who teaches you and helps you improve), than to be in a good company with a bad boss (who just bosses you around). You'd prolly get the picture. 

If you have discord, join the reddit wows discord server or any other wows community server, most preferably from your nation of residence or people who speak the same language as you. 

But then again you have nearly twice as many games as me, so I dont think I'm even in a position to comment. But just in case! haha

Good day!

Edited by NinoX03

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

We often have 3+ divs counting in, going down to 2 pers per div would be annoying as hell and going backwards.

IMO, find friends to play with, the game is so much better when you do.

496 posts
4,163 battles

im 50/50 on this topic myself
i like soloing i don't find it troubling to have many divisioned players
only problem is probably when 2 dd in a division spawn on 1 side of the map and there isnt any other DD and they are reluctant to split up for the better of the team

273 posts
1,220 battles

It doesn't matter how many div are there in a match. If MM doesn't favour you and end up with potatoes div, nothing much to say about that.

Don't forget you will really get some potato div that's the contributing factor to team lost. Been in one MM a few days ago with 3 Atlanta div that screwed the team up big time. Epic potato div. Enemy has only 1 Atlanta which was controlling the cap zone for entire game & that 3 epic potato Atlanta which of course epic fail to even control 1 cap zone :cap_fainting:with 1 dd and 3 bb back up.

Before the match starts you will think its a sure win scenerio :Smile_medal::Smile_coin:....who knows how bad things will turn around :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Hey_Potato

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

i have friends to play with since im in a clan, sometimes our timing is not right have to play solo but in a div its always fun i know me and my friends have fun as well stomping enemy team

this is not the thing about me but about the amount of div in a match, sometimes there are 3 triple 3 div vs 2 triple three or 3 triple 3 vs 2 double 2 and so on

match become a slaughter to one side for the one with less div(sometimes it doesnt) also match feels so boring can go few minutes without anyone spotting anything or do any shooting you know everyone hiding behind something

dont like match like this, to me everyone should have equal chance but thats how things work in this world anyway..the way it is deal with it i guess lol

455 posts
8,038 battles

Eh you're assuming all the divs are competent.Most of the divs I face just don't have any impact and a single good player can shut them down with good counterplay. I only start panicking when seeing certain clan divs like ZOO, VOR, PANTS etc. Non-typhoon clan divs don't usually throw the balance off. Having one extra 3 man div isn't going to really change much unless they are good players

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
9 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Eh you're assuming all the divs are competent.Most of the divs I face just don't have any impact and a single good player can shut them down with good counterplay. I only start panicking when seeing certain clan divs like ZOO, VOR, PANTS etc. Non-typhoon clan divs don't usually throw the balance off. Having one extra 3 man div isn't going to really change much unless they are good players

non typhoon 1/2 clans i dont really care abou

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles
21 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

should division be limit to 2 per side? so many match there are only 2 on one side but 3 on the other side and match become a very one sided affair

too hard to balance this with the variety of ships and tiers in this game?

there are match where i'm one of the three players not in a div so a easy slaughter on the enemy and vice versa

opinion guys?

Join a clan and Div up!!

Skills learned and shared amoung your playing group improves your gameplay no end.

Not to mention those clan base perks !!  Its like friends with benefits.

The more divs the better I say. Cuts down the selfish non team supporting farmers out there ...

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
1 hour ago, _DuxNutz_ said:

Join a clan and Div up!!

Skills learned and shared amoung your playing group improves your gameplay no end.

The more divs the better I say. Cuts down the selfish non team supporting farmers out there ...

you do realize that most not CV fishing divisions out there play to farm right

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles
2 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

not all div are competent but so does many players out there

some whine some rant some become clueless some just give up, not everyone can get around their head all the time lol

you dont panic seeing drakon div? if early game cant detodrakon its gonna be one heck of a fight!!! be very fear of drakon!!! 

1 hour ago, _DuxNutz_ said:

Join a clan and Div up!!

im already in a clan lol and yes i played in a div

its fun in a div, probably because i fool around but solo i play rather seriously lol 

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
11 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

not all div are competent but so does many players out there

some whine some rant some become clueless some just give up, not everyone can get around their head all the time lol

you dont panic seeing drakon div? if early game cant detodrakon its gonna be one heck of a fight!!! be very fear of drakon!

HEY, STOP JINXING ME

1,333 posts
8,823 battles

Divisions are mostly fine.

The problem lies when one team has a tryhard fishing division while the other has 3 friends or clan mates fooling around together.

But there is nothing the MM can do about that.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

While it's no fun coming up against a fishing div the way I look at it is that if you play often enough it balances out in the same manner your chances of playing against any random does.  They are a part of the game and you will sooner or later have them on your team.

496 posts
4,163 battles
7 hours ago, drakon233 said:

they do when im on their team

OOO speaking of which if i see drakon umm i will sink him :3 unless its on my team but i did ask the prev few time if i could... ;) torp him