You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Old player planning to return to wows

30 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hi guys.... Just free xped Missouri and have it in port now. Been away for a while from boats and now I dunno where to start or continue. 

Now we have brit BBs, some new premiums... Anything else. Should I look out for? Like captain skills, OP boats I should grind for etc? 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

Welcome back mate Hope the Kacapathy is going well.

lets see.

Missouri going.   Musashi replacing it.

Brit BB line just burns everything

French are made of paper so overpens actually save you

Most prems being removed from the tech tree in the next patch

Radar ships such as the USCA and Chappy still cause havoc for DDs

Carriers are still crap.....................................................Minotaur divs make them cry.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

hey there ralph, most prems being removed? WUT? WHY? so can't buy them with doubloons anymore?

if so, which one should i grab?

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Hey Spawnster, welcome back!

Yep, UK BBs are here and French BBs are coming soon too. Also check the new Pan Asian DD line for Deep Water Torpedo.

For recent premium, Roma is fantastic Battleship, you may consider grabbing one.

3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The Belfast, Atlanta and MK were taken out a while ago.

I think Belfast, MK and Perth were permanently removed from shop, not Atlanta. Might just be rotating out.

273 posts
1,220 battles

Add on:

1. Mighty Zao no longer able to invisible fire

2. new smoke mechanics with detection after firing guns in smoke, cannot camp in smoke for certain ships

3. OP conqueror that burns everything down until it being nerf a little

4. Split of IJN dd line (akizuki-my most detonation ship) & RU dd line

5. Pan Asia dd line

6. Perth

7. Rework of USN cv flight control; AP dive bomb; T5 cv no longer can manual strafe/drops (harder to seal clubbing with cv at t5)

8. new USN cv Enterprise; IJN cv Kaga

9. USN bb iowa & montana lowered citadel

10. Tirpitz improve secondaries range

11. New torp for yugumo at 12km; shima torp 10km to 12km

12. improve CA deck armor from wooden panel floors to high tensile aluminium

13. the mighty Yamato guns rework from 460mm to 520mm to pen conquerors armor

Edited by Hey_Potato

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

gulp...so many changes...i think i'll stick to lower tiers till i get my bearings straighten out. hehe

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles
4 hours ago, Hey_Potato said:

Add on:

13. the mighty Yamato guns rework from 460mm to 520mm to pen conquerors armor

what? is it true? :cap_wander:

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

The biggest two IMO are:

- Smoke Firing

- Deep-water torpedoes.

Smoke firing now increases your spotted range based on calibre of weapons. DDs are 2-3km, 150s on CLs are about 5ish kms, 203s are around 7-8km, BBs it's usually 16+km.

Deep-water torps are a mechanic of Pan-Asian DDs, they can't hit DDs but can hit everyone else.

Google smoke firing distances for a list (every ship is different, I just gave you general distances).

Most other changes are simply new ships and the like. KM DDs 6+ have hydro, Pan-Asia can get radar in higher tiers, Missouri has radar.

And finally, welcome back Spawnster, it's been a while, I had taken a few years off until May this year, so I know the feels.

Oh and WG screwed over ANZ players with clan battles, they made it wed/Thurs/sat/sun, 11pm-2am Sydney time, meaning 1-4am NZ time...

1,007 posts
7,422 battles

About removing premiums, this is what 0.7.0 update notes say: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-070-patchnotes/

<<Developers, Supertesters and other special contributors can test US Tier VI Destroyer Monaghan, British Tier VII Destroyer Cossack, and Japanese Tier VIII Destroyer Asashio.

With the next Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons: 

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Loyang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica

Get Japanese Tier IX Battleship Musashi, sister ship of the mighty Yamato, for 750,000direct from your tech tree!

Now's your chance to pick up the US Tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free EXP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out Musashi, the new Tier IX Battleship that can be acquired with Free EXP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for another month.>>

Except for the Missouri, cannot find info on withdrawing more premiums. Just that the above are available in the tech tree for doubloons, for other you have to wait until they are offered in the store, I guess.

Some of the Ships tested by super testers may be premium, don't know.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Thanks for the welcome guys... Any OP/fun boats I should grind for? 

1. Pan Asian line : GM? 

2. UK BB : Conqueror? 

3. RU DD : Khabarosvk? At tier 9s now for RU DD

Will have to read up on the smoke detection... Thanks for heads up.

Also, wows have clan wars already? haha

Edited by _Spawny_

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles
1 hour ago, _Spawny_ said:

Thanks for the welcome guys... Any OP/fun boats I should grind for? 

1. Pan Asian line : GM? 

2. UK BB : Conqueror? 

Will have to read up on the smoke detection... Thanks for heads up.

Also, wows have clan wars already? haha

Pan Asian line is like USN but can't contest caps as well due to the torps.

Conqueror is annoying as hell and has broken HE.

Kharba is run and gun now, it's trollish like Zao, so great in good hands.

It's not CW, it's CB, basically team battles but for clan. Last season (the first) they disabled CVs, made it tier 10 and then to compensate you could get certain rent-a-ships if you had a tier 8. (But no Camo).

It was a massive fiasco.

CB will alternate seasons with ranked AFAIK.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Just play British BB''s load HE, fire and then watch your opponent catch fire with even only one shell  hit. :cap_tea:

Wait for DC to be used then repeat. IF they shoot back your citadels are so low you'll laugh it off. :cap_haloween:

Sigh most frustrating line to play against if they are played correctly. :cap_viking:

24 posts
1,925 battles

You should also check your email. WG sent out a lot of goodies to inactive players throughout the holidays.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, lonezwolf said:

You should also check your email. WG sent out a lot of goodies to inactive players throughout the holidays.

^^ This. I got prizes for EU server as I didnt play for 4 months.

6 posts
15,945 battles
On 1/19/2018 at 7:13 AM, _Spawny_ said:

Khabab is still good though it was dam OP before the nerf. They nerf the torps range from 10km to 6km & increase the rudder shift to 11.1km.

With full steering gears mod 2 & 3 you can have a 5.3s rudder shift which makes it easier to dodge salvos from every :etc_swear: ships who thinks that khabab is the most OP ship compared other class. Shoot you till kingdom comes

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
9 minutes ago, Sakimoto said:

Khabab is still good though it was dam OP before the nerf. They nerf the torps range from 10km to 6km & increase the rudder shift to 11.1km.

With full steering gears mod 2 & 3 you can have a 5.3s rudder shift which makes it easier to dodge salvos from every :etc_swear: ships who thinks that khabab is the most OP ship compared other class. Shoot you till kingdom comes

But that come with a 10km concealment and frankly there are better fire support platform at that tier that dont cost the team a dd slot.

Khaba cannot gain ground near cap at all, it is a light cruiser after all

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
20 minutes ago, Sakimoto said:

Khaba range is pathetic 13.5 km. Compared to Tashkent's 15.2km. Also, kiss goodbye your caps when facing real DDs.

Hmm and dodging..  If I see Khaba in 12km from my Montana, it's going to lose half of it's health. 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmm... So.not worth it to get the Khabarosvk now? How about the other RU Tier 10 DD? I'm on Benson for US. Might as well go for gearing? 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
5 hours ago, _Spawny_ said:

Hmmm... So.not worth it to get the Khabarosvk now? How about the other RU Tier 10 DD? I'm on Benson for US. Might as well go for gearing? 

Khaba is good support DD, specially with Heals. But struggles when lack of actual DDs (and the recent condition of DD playerbase is sort of unbearable). Grozovoi is AA destroyer, has very competitive concealment and fantastic gun performance too. Fletcher is still the best in US DD line. Gearing is pointless now, specially after YY which can equip RADAR.